Leaving Ted.....

DeletedUser6982

Sometimes in the course of tribal wars, events lead you to do things that were not planned but really have to be done. They may not be beneficial to yourself, your friends or your tribe but circumstances are screaming and to satisfy the Norns, who weave our destiny a certain course of action must be taken.
In this instance it is our membership of TED that we must examine before you today.

Firstly who are we?

Friends and comrades who have been thrown together by the vagaries of time and this game namely:
  • Meklin and Blue Sourz
  • Zil1
  • The guys on the Barbzilla account

We play as a team and have been part of TED since its inception.

However the tribe no longer looks as it once did… in fact more and more recently it’s a bit like:

ccfeed77403e5f558314b99cc59e12d661ea8fae5ca326d571eb47ef22fe4d2e.jpg

Sometimes the first knowledge of a new tribes mate was the duke’s request that you support them.

Now some may not find that too strange… But when you are supposedly a member of the tribal council but don’t know it leads to one asking a few more questions.

Like what is the point of a council if the duke is going to just do their own thing without consulting?

Like what is the recruitment strategy of TED? That one at least we can answer:

keep-calm-and-recruit-more.png

We are fed up with waking up to see a new recruit, another potential target recruited, another area of the map sealed off by the endless desire to keep recruiting instead of fighting.

picard-facepalm.jpg

I suppose it wouldn’t be quite so bad if it wasn’t so blatant but it has become so noticeable there have been entire threads on this forum dedicated to it.

And hey to start a tribe that way, by pulling together the best of a few tribes is not a bad way to go. But to keep doing it time and again, closing down map routes by chasing another million point player…..

But just as big an issue , it would be good if those people recruited actually spoke…We are fed up with being part of a tribe that doesn’t talk to one another. Part of this game is about chatting and having fun and you know just sort of enjoying yourself. Instead of talking members go to the duke and get him to request support for them. Perhaps people would be more willing to help each other if they actually knew each other?! Or were willing just to say hi once in a while…..

Then there is the obsession with “having a spy”

Spying is part of the game. We all know it; most of us hate it but there you go, it happens.

So do you think if you were recruiting a new member every other day there might be a chance of a spy in the midst? Of course there might be.

So what genius then suggests that the spy is actually a player who has been one of the longest serving members of the tribe and chose to make an issue of it 75% of the way through that players merge with another member…. Not before the merge, not at the start of the merge…. nope…let’s make an issue of it when the merge is almost complete…Brilliant way to manage members and morale!

jiFfM.jpg

Turning to the externals - Now the externals can be great fun. I read them a lot and comment rarely but I really enjoy the banter you guys and girls have here. But you know that sometimes it can be a bit embarrassing when it’s your duke that’s one the ropes and swinging wildly…… THAT!

62-06-KlamJ-06.jpg

And I think the final straw for us was when after all of this the duke decides they have had enough and are stepping down, we have ended up with a leadership of people that were not elected, not supported and in some cases not really known it rather takes the biscuit…

Facepalm3.jpg

And so the only answer that we can find to solve our particular issues is to leave TED and form our own tribe.

We fully appreciate that walking away from the number one tribe in the world will not endear us to them, and could be very dangerous for us… but we want to play the game as friends in a tribe that chats and has fun. At the moment the only fun we have is with each other so that’s who we are going to play with!

We understand that this action may well paint a large target onto our backs… and if that’s what happens then we did this in full knowledge and understanding of that fact.

But sometimes, like we said at the start of this, events lead you to do things that were not planned but really have to be done…….

And anyone in TED that’s reading this? Well we would like to leave you with one final piece of advice, one nugget that may stop others getting annoyed in future….

0DsrWZu.jpg

You could always go about gaining villages, by ….you know, fighting for them?

DeletedUser13390

you have earned my rep, use it wisely.

now do we have a Ted representative coming on to give us their side of story?

DeletedUser6796

I have (as usual) no idea what is going on, but I must say that this original post is well put-together and an enjoyable read. I liked the themed facepalming in particular.

This action may prove interesting for this world. Rarely do the actions of such a small group of players have potentially such a substantial impact.

Lilli
x

DeletedUser13543

Im confused :S most of the chatting and stuff is done on skype. The only reason to post the tribe forums is attacks you need help for (well most tables/target list, rest of planning done on skype), and support.

DeletedUser13240

Im confused :S most of the chatting and stuff is done on skype. The only reason to post the tribe forums is attacks you need help for (well most tables/target list, rest of planning done on skype), and support.

Not everyone has skype :icon_rolleyes:.
As for being confused, you must not talk to your teammates very often, othewise you wouldn't be confused.

DeletedUser13543

Skype is a free program, if ppl want to chat they can just download it.

I am confused about how recruiting is the problem. If a tribe doesn't have close to the tribe limit then they should recruit so that they can match the support power of other tribe that have the tribe limit. I don't agree that sister tribe are a good idea because it limits local targets but having tribe limit is fine...

I think the problem is member quitting and most of the map being blue/purple. I've only been in ted for about a week now so i might be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13240

The reason why most of the map is blue is because you recruit everyone :icon_rolleyes:.

"If a tribe doesn't have close to the tribe limit then they should recruit so that they can match the support power of other tribe that have the tribe limit"

That's poor leadership imo, to recruit to match the enemy. That would just show that the enemy tribe was better than yours before you started recruiting :icon_rolleyes:.

DeletedUser13390

Skype is a free program, if ppl want to chat they can just download it.

I am confused about how recruiting is the problem. If a tribe doesn't have close to the tribe limit then they should recruit so that they can match the support power of other tribe that have the tribe limit. I don't agree that sister tribe are a good idea because it limits local targets but having tribe limit is fine...

I think the problem is member quitting and most of the map being blue/purple. I've only been in ted for about a week now so i might be wrong.

Now here is a huge flaw.

Ted were rank 1 before their mass recruit of you corrupt bunch from ROAR and had more villas, so essentially they were not recruiting to "match" other tribes support. They were recruiting because we were catching up and they were afraid to fight for their position.

If Ted had fought ROAR rather then recruit them or constantly trying to recruit others they would have far more respect from other tribes in this world.

Look at Ted internal forum what does that say about them? they have a shared forum that had 10 tribes in it with the sole purpose to defeat IBF, now where is this almighty fighting machine now? their main driving force was the members who have now left and reality is they done the right choice and imo are the stronger of the two tribes.

DeletedUser13543

The reason why most of the map is blue is because you recruit everyone :icon_rolleyes:.

Stop acting/being a stupid :/ i was talking about light blue, ie allies.

"If a tribe doesn't have close to the tribe limit then they should recruit so that they can match the support power of other tribe that have the tribe limit"

That's poor leadership imo, to recruit to match the enemy. That would just show that the enemy tribe was better than yours before you started recruiting .

So its poor leadership to have a tribe with close to 20 members?? once again stop acting/being a stupid. Of course there are limits on who you should recruit, enough points, enough activity, enough skill (if you can claim tw takes skill), etc.

DeletedUser10100

Took me a while to read (i'm old), but once there you certainly start to understand the Story of TED, I enjoyed it and +REP.

Anyways isn't this world about 80% Domination so the real aim would be to Merge your way to the top ;)

DeletedUser13555

I think I laughed more at the facts than the memes :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Like what is the recruitment strategy of TED? That one at least we can answer:

We are fed up with waking up to see a new recruit, another potential target recruited, another area of the map sealed off by the endless desire to keep recruiting instead of fighting.

And hey to start a tribe that way, by pulling together the best of a few tribes is not a bad way to go. But to keep doing it time and again, closing down map routes by chasing another million point player…..

And so the only answer that we can find to solve our particular issues is to leave TED and form our own tribe.

You could always go about gaining villages, by ….you know, fighting for them?

So let me get this right! You don't like TED's strategy of mass recruiting of big players, but your new tribe is about to do it no? Or are they part of the friends circle you have? Hmm!

DeletedUser13543

Now here is a huge flaw.

Ted were rank 1 before their mass recruit of you corrupt bunch from ROAR and had more villas, so essentially they were not recruiting to "match" other tribes support. They were recruiting because we were catching up and they were afraid to fight for their position.

If Ted had fought ROAR rather then recruit them or constantly trying to recruit others they would have far more respect from other tribes in this world.

Look at Ted internal forum what does that say about them? they have a shared forum that had 10 tribes in it with the sole purpose to defeat IBF, now where is this almighty fighting machine now? their main driving force was the members who have now left and reality is they done the right choice and imo are the stronger of the two tribes.

ok maybe my "match other tribe support" comment was slightly wrong, but my point that tribe should aim to have tribe limit if good recruits are near still stands.

Those "corrupt" bunch of roar are what is left of the original members from early days. we left as a group because the world was looking like ted vs ibf, we wanted to side with ted over ibf.

DeletedUser13240

i was talking about light blue, ie allies.

You should of said so then :icon_rolleyes:.
And tbf, if the whole map is "light blue", it's because you have far too many allies. Imo a tribe should have a maximum of 5 allies, 2 naps, and unlimited enemies :lol:.

DeletedUser13390

ok maybe my "match other tribe support" comment was slightly wrong, but my point that tribe should aim to have tribe limit if good recruits are near still stands.
ok so where are these good recruits i am failing to see them.

Those "corrupt" bunch of roar are what is left of the original members from early days. we left as a group because the world was looking like ted vs ibf, we wanted to side with ted over ibf.
yes the corrupt bunch are in Ted now and only wanted to side with them because they were bigger then IBF lol. but this isn't a thread for Ted vs ibf so leave it out. if you lot wern't so corrupt and actually warred Ted you would be doing good. look at TLS!! they are certainly giving you guys a run for your money lol.

see red for reply.

DeletedUser13390

So let me get this right! You don't like TED's strategy of mass recruiting of big players, but your new tribe is about to do it no? Or are they part of the friends circle you have? Hmm!

If you read he clearly covered this point it is only going to be a small group of friends in the new tribe who play to have fun so that should answer your question, no they aren't about to mass recruit lol.