Legitimate 1v1

• Thread starter DeletedUser4320
  • Start date

DeletedUser4320

I noticed this phrase in another thread, being the n00b I am I was merely wondering a little of the rules and regulation of such a battle.

Thank you.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I would assume most people would consider a 'legitimate 1 vs. 1' to be two players going head to head with no one from their tribe's attacking the other player or supporting their member. That and not being account-sat by their tribemates either.

DeletedUser4320

What are the winning criteria?

Rimming? Nobling of first village? Causing the other to delete? And what when others start interfering?

DeletedUser

I would say a good criteria in a 1vs1 battle would be either rimming or forcing your opponent to delete. If you can do this then there is no possible way that your opponent can claim any kind of victory over you

DeletedUser

With regards to outside influence, what happens there? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser4320

Then the player with the most points get the win by default I presume.

DeletedUser4320

Yes, but what happens if greedy outsiders stars interfering?

DeletedUser

Call off the fight? Your best bet is to keep it quiet while having a battle and hope no one notices.

Yes, that sounds about right, keeping it low-key helps cause people are less likely to interfere.

DeletedUser

[la]I'm more likely to leave someone alone if they're 1v1ing someone else... That way at the end, I can noble the victor.[/la]

DeletedUser

The main problem with a 1vs1, is that it wasn't intended for Tribalwars. Only way you could have a legitimate 1vs1 is by having the compliance of everyone else on the world, in which case still really isn't fun IMO. There are console and other browser games you could get your 1 on 1 dominance fix on though.

DeletedUser

Why not create a 2 man tribe? Get NAP's with all other tribes and go at it in peace.

DeletedUser1511

And there's always the one idiot dummy who thinks it's cool to inturrupt a 1v1.

It is kool to interupt a 1v1. There only real competition you can do is race for points....

DeletedUser

And there's always the one idiot dummy who thinks it's cool to inturrupt a 1v1.

Nah, I think its rather annoying to interfere in a 1on1. Depends how high profile it is though. Maybe in exchange for no agression the victor hands his villages over? :icon_rolleyes: Only fair.

I personally detest 1on1's competitions based on points, because the correlation between points and skill is not perfect. Obviously there is some correlation, but far too many exceptions (pointwhores, troopwhores) etc.

The nobling stage is where it gets really interesting in a 1on1. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser679

Nah, I think its rather annoying to interfere in a 1on1. Depends how high profile it is though. Maybe in exchange for no agression the victor hands his villages over? :icon_rolleyes: Only fair.

I personally detest 1on1's competitions based on points, because the correlation between points and skill is not perfect. Obviously there is some correlation, but far too many exceptions (pointwhores, troopwhores) etc.

The nobling stage is where it gets really interesting in a 1on1. ;)
Lol, what on earth is a troopwhore? A player who stalls his growth in order to have a better troop to point ratio? Sounds noobish.

Last edited by a moderator: