Many points but low OD

DeletedUser

I have noticed that some players have achieved a very high total of points but their OD is extremely low. One player holds the number one slot but has an OD less than 1000.

Does this mean that they are point whores as low OD suggests little farming or attacking or is there another explanation?

i.e. Is there any correlation between low OD and being a point whore?

DeletedUser

They COULD be a pointwhore but it's not definite.

Option A - They are a point whore.
Option B - They have troops, just haven't been forced to use them much. (No one is attacking them, or they haven't his a village with troops)

Hope this helps.

DeletedUser

That's what my intuition tells me. So if they haven't hit a village then it means that resoures must be generated by building high level production buildings - wood, iron and clay. These are expensive in resources And so if this is the case then probably they have used what resorces they have in doing this rather than to farm others which can only be done via troops. Surely any player in the opening game would use any troops to boost his resource income and would not be able to climb to the top so quickly without farming in addition to building high level resource buildings and troops?

DeletedUser

I can think of a few options.

THESE ARE THE NAUGHTY GECKO'S OPTIONS:

1) He/She is a pointwhore

2) He/She cleaned his 15 x 15 early from the start leaving no threats or troop interuptions.

3) His/Her tribe hasn't been in any skirmishes.

4) Near by members could be scared to attack.

5) Could have bribed the neighbours...

6) The Gecko is guarding the village (This is so true :))

There is my options why. :)

DeletedUser

A gecko sounds like just what I need. Where to find an accommodating one?

Geckos rule OK.

DeletedUser1189

I find the best thing to do in a situation like this where your not sure is to just scout them and find out. if they dodge just guestimate from the lvl of farm they have.

DeletedUser920

My girlfriend has started an account on .net - there are far more players and far fewer barbarian villages.

At present you can keep your raiders busy attacking barbarians while others use up their troops wearing down the opposition.
This person may have gone for big mines, but could also have a couple of thousand cavalry scouring the local farms, but not having to fight.

DeletedUser

There are also far more bad players :icon_wink:

I suggest that she builds an army she's about 75% sure she'll win with and then scout.