Merge Fail

DeletedUser

Ah, Sparks you crack me up. Kthx isn't a bad tribe, just a lazy one. And to be fair, BT is doing his best as an interim leader. Really, this is nothing but a personal hate that's fueling this. You can spout "merging isn't fun", "war before hugs", all you want.

DeletedUser117

Ah, Sparks you crack me up. Kthx isn't a bad tribe, just a lazy one. And to be fair, BT is doing his best as an interim leader. Really, this is nothing but a personal hate that's fueling this. You can spout "merging isn't fun", "war before hugs", all you want.

Hate is way too harsh a word for that, I like most members of Kthx, even offered Res and D to BT. All this is about is preventing any tribe from killing the world. I have shown beyond reasonable doubt that Kthx is loosing it, we have already taken 5 vils off you, without one decent counter.

But I have to concede that your new strategy is awesome!

DeletedUser

I must admit that the merge and the push for win conditions by KTHX is, I feel because they are getting bored already and know that they wont be active enough and last long enough to even dominate to such a large degree for win conditions.... let alone meet them as they currently stand!

I remember Corey mentioning on Skype he was deffinately going to stick around to the end but is the patience and commitment needed to win a world fully in the arsenal of these players?

The merge may not have been as tacticaly sound as first it appeared, it has created a tribe that has fire in their belly and the will to slog it out and destroy KTHX.... can KTHX say the same?

DeletedUser

I'll try to stick around, but life and time has took a drastic turn (not bad, just crazily). I won't stop playing until the tribe is gone. And to reiterate my statement in the other thread, yes the winning conditions being lowered were in thought. (Mostly trebor) But the main purpose was to keep the tribe alive. From an outside perspective it seems spoiling and un-fun. But from a leadership standpoint it is tactical and sensible. Whether you agree is up to you. I'm not arguing that point anymore.

And Sparks, I have no knowledge of the players from Boo! style of playing this game. So remark elsewhere.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Not that it matters and it's not a criticism just a correction, you weren't arround so you wouldn't know... the lowering of the win conditions came form AP, used as bait to tempt players like Taras, Clyde and Bella to Intern and to try and keep all of them active... Not that I disagree with the theory it's just meaningless to me as I don't expect to win and I don't expect to be "active" after November...

As I've said before I thought the merge would at least liven things up a bit, which is has, and that it couldn't be anyworse than staying in a tribe with a very limited amount of fully active players and the part-active ones saying they were going to quit on a daily basis... well, on the days they logged in...

Unfortunately what is now left is no different with the same few top accounts being played actively and the same top accounts being played inactively.. who is munching who under which banner is all that has changed...

In the top 10 there are at most 4 accounts that are being played actively by their original owners...

Last edited:

DeletedUser117

Thanks again Cory for enlightening me your side of the truth, whilst funny, failed to address the topic at hand. Do mergers work? Well my example definitely didnt, but has there been any other mergers in W9 that have been successful?

If they where how was this completed, maybe other tribes can get some tips on how to do it properly :lol:

DeletedUser

No, you just want to over scale things. Did the merge work? Yes, and no. The only reason it didn't work was the "resistance" by you and others wanting to follow that. That can be taken however you want. But would we be arguing if you didn't reform.

DeletedUser

No, you just want to over scale things. Did the merge work? Yes, and no. The only reason it didn't work was the "resistance" by you and others wanting to follow that. That can be taken however you want. But would we be arguing if you didn't reform.

Well I cant see Ballarond leaving to spy it doesnt seem his style so by the looks of it the merge didnt work? a PnP based on being peeved off rather than pretty pictures has worked? End of story?

DeletedUser9748

For me merging was not a very good idea but I could understand it's necessity. But since noone seemed to care about the tribe and it's future and only 10% of the tribe were active, including me, I just decided to go with some guys that seemed interest and are having a good time :)

DeletedUser

Well I cant see Ballarond leaving to spy it doesnt seem his style so by the looks of it the merge didnt work? a PnP based on being peeved off rather than pretty pictures has worked? End of story?

One question, are you completely ignorant? Did I say Ballarond was a spy?

DeletedUser

For me merging was not a very good idea but I could understand it's necessity. But since noone seemed to care about the tribe and it's future and only 10% of the tribe were active, including me, I just decided to go with some guys that seemed interest and are having a good time :)

Haha

You're one of the new people.

Quit.

DeletedUser

One question, are you completely ignorant? Did I say Ballarond was a spy?

Have you completely lost it now that it has been shown you cant make a tribe last past 3 months these days? I never suggested you said he was a spy, I was just exploring reasons he might have moved tribes other than the fail of Kthnx.

In one thread you say its just a game chill out, then you resort to pointless flaming.....

/shakesheadindissapointment

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Cory can definitely make a tribe last past 3 months, his real life caused him not to be as active as he could be and is the only reason I was given duke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
I fear my standing as the number 1, Intern hatter/baiter I worked so hard and long to gain over the first 3 months of this world has been stolen from me... :(

DeletedUser

Cory can definitely make a tribe last past 3 months, his real life caused him not to be as active as he could be and is the only reason I was given duke.

Why not just ask Ballerond? He'll probably tell you.

He did answer above.... So BT is the plans for Kthx to rebuild and actualy fight for this world or is it all over?

DeletedUser

I realised that and editted it out but you were ninja and quoted :icon_razz: I don't like to give up without a fight.

DeletedUser

Have you completely lost it now that it has been shown you cant make a tribe last past 3 months these days? I never suggested you said he was a spy, I was just exploring reasons he might have moved tribes other than the fail of Kthnx.

In one thread you say its just a game chill out, then you resort to pointless flaming.....

/shakesheadindissapointment

Check UK2 and UK6. Not too long ago for "these days". Yeah the tribe took an unexpected turn. I'm not going to deny that. Mostly is my fault for not being a dominant leader for the latter part of the world.