Muslim protesters: Remembrance Day.

DeletedUser

Only skimmed the article, but it seems they have missed the point of Rememberance Day. Its not just a day for British soldiers, but a day for all lives lost at war.

DeletedUser

That is a disgusting act. They acted out when an American threatened to burn the Quran, yet they are mocking the thousands of dead. It's not just the British, it's all those who have lost their lives. They were Heroes, and for only 50 protesters all 50 should have been detained for the maximum legal time for creating a public disturbance. It's again, a disgusting act.

DeletedUser

Thankfully the UK still allows freedom of speech.

However, as an ex soldier, and veteran of the Falklands, I can only say that the disrespect shown by these people, to all those who have lost their lives in numerous conflicts, all around the world is sickening to say the least.

They have a right to air their opinions, but I'm affraid they have done nothing for multi cultural relations in this country. They fuel the hatred that leads to terrorism.

DeletedUser

I think this just demonstrates how far we have fallen in this country, that we have even allowed this to escalate to as far as it did. I would not in a million years disagree with them all being shot in the way those soldiers have died.

Hell, we should totally torture them for the hell of it.

DeletedUser

I think this just demonstrates how far we have fallen in this country, that we have even allowed this to escalate to as far as it did. I would not in a million years disagree with them all being shot in the way those soldiers have died.

Hell, we should totally torture them for the hell of it.

I would agree but sadly that's what they want. They are acting the way they are to provoke reaction from us which will in turn provoke a reaction from more extremist Islamic groups.

Remember: Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

It's a sad world.

DeletedUser857

[gfx]I say ignore it- the more we react to it, the more successful they have been.[/gfx]

DeletedUser6496

The irony of it all.
Muslim hate mongers using free speech to spread their bile, yet under the type of society they desire, free speech would not be allowed.
Many Muslims laid down their lives against oppression and tyranny in the many wars of the 20th Century too, but I guess they're too short sighted to know that.

Also, there were more press filming and photographing the protesters than there were protesters themselves.

As an ex-soldier who has served in a certain sandy place currently in the news a lot, I find their actions pathetic.
They do indeed have the right to express their views but to disrespect those who have laid down their lives to protect what these pond life individuals take for granted is downright low.
What is even more low is the fact they will get away with it time and time again. The true enemy isn't extreme fundamentalism , it is apathy and political correctness that allows this kind of tripe to happen without consequence.
I'm sure I would feel the long arm of the law more forcefully if I threw bacon and gammon at those protesters than they would for starting a fire in a public place, and for disrespecting the glorious dead.

DeletedUser

I would agree but sadly that's what they want. They are acting the way they are to provoke reaction from us which will in turn provoke a reaction from more extremist Islamic groups.

Remember: Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

It's a sad world.

Words can do alot more than hurt you, words can start wars and put millions of lives at risk.

DeletedUser

I think it has been misinterpreted. Rememberance Day doesn't just commerate the British and Allied soldiers lost, but any soldier who died for what they believe in since WW1.

DeletedUser

If they wish to burn poppies, by all means feel free to.

We attatch a special significance to the poppy but it is the remeberance that is key. The poppies are after all just paper and plastic.

They can't burn the thoughts from our heads so they can never win.

Its the same way that burning a holy book would not stop people believeing

DeletedUser

Ridiculous. It is to commemorate every soldier who died for a cause since WW1

DeletedUser

The poppies would mean nothing if people didn't respect the sacrifices themselves. That is far more important than a symbol

DeletedUser

I think it has been misinterpreted. Rememberance Day doesn't just commerate the British and Allied soldiers lost, but any soldier who died for what they believe in since WW1.

I find that comment wrong as that would lend our sympathy to the German soldiers, and I for one refuse to do that.

Burning the poppy is an attempt to mock our memories. I get your point that it is just paper and plastic, but we as people vest our emotions into items in order to keep ahold of them. By this, people attacking these attempts leaves us feeling like it's a direct attack on us.

DeletedUser

Absolutely disgusting.

Our boys are dieing in foreign lands to protect THEIR freedom, and freedom of speech that they enjoy in this country everyday.
Our boys die for the laws that allow them their full religious and social beliefs.
Our boys die for the massive and very much 'hushed up' amounts of young and brainwashed Muslims who are born in the UK and have the full benefit of our free NHS, decent schooling and relaxed ethnical-accepting laws for them to travel to the middle east and Pakistan to learn how to fight against them and kill them, any way they can.

Its totally out of order.
These so-called religious people are extremely lucky that i dont run this country, because they would be heading to prison or worse for their disgraceful actions towards the country that has done nothing but bend over backwards to help, house and accommodate these people.

DeletedUser

I find that comment wrong as that would lend our sympathy to the German soldiers, and I for one refuse to do that.

You really feel the German soldiers do not deserve sympathy? They fought for their own cause, it just happened that they lost.

Other countries had huge ampires before, just happended that warfare was at a changing point when they went after theirs and many lives were lost.

Also, you have to consider the chain of events leading ti the war sparking off and that it was a world war with Germany having its own allies too.

It was not the bloodthristy and powerhungry Germans attmepting to kill everybody

DeletedUser

You really feel the German soldiers do not deserve sympathy? They fought for their own cause, it just happened that they lost.

Other countries had huge ampires before, just happended that warfare was at a changing point when they went after theirs and many lives were lost.

Also, you have to consider the chain of events leading ti the war sparking off and that it was a world war with Germany having its own allies too.

It was not the bloodthristy and powerhungry Germans attmepting to kill everybody

I had been thinking of World War II at the time. But the Germans stepped in to defend their allies much like the British, but the Germans would have rather declare war than work anything out peacefully. They fought for a cause that was not theirs. They fought when there was others options.