My Introduction

DeletedUser

I'd like to say hello to the tribalwars.co.uk members!

Whilst browsing through various currency exchange rates I found a tribalwars ad on the side. I clicked it to find what seems to be a superb game and a buzzing forum, hence I joined up :)

I've read the help files and can not wait to get started. I'm currently in the continent of 75 and can't wait to get "farming", picking up already eh? :D

Anyway, any advice on what to do and what to avoid would be greatly appreciated and I hope to add an active dimension to the voice on this forum!

Thanks for reading my intro!

- Kiran.

DeletedUser

Welcome. Basically, you get out your guns and start blowing peoples heads off. Then you take a few swigs of beer. Then recruit some tanks and destroy peoples castles :D

Feeling like some random chat? Visit Market Square Gossip.

DeletedUser

you seem like you could be a pretty good player, just make sure you make points as well as troops and don't upset anybody important and you should be fine. And like dj said feel free to stop by msg for some random chat :)

DeletedUser

That sounds like a normal day at the office :) I shall meet you there!

DeletedUser

Welcome to Tribal Wars! Read, learn, contribute and enjoy!

Some starting advice: Start off by building a statue and appointing a paladin; use him to farm barbarian/bonus villages. Try to get spears quickly so you can use them to farm instead. Farming will quickly become your main source of income, bringing much more resources than your mines.

Long term advice: Don't spend all your resources building up your village. Make sure you have plenty of troops, because troops are more important than points.

I also suggest you read as many guides/forum questions as you can. There are also a ton of excellent guides and threads over on forum.tribalwars.net, I suggest you head over there to take a look.

DeletedUser731

Read up on the tw wiki page, if you have any questions your better off searching the forums on the .net site or .de if you understand german (since they've been around longer more questions have been answered more thoroughly).

Read up on the LC strategy on tw wiki, which is the most common start, and try to follow it closely.

Learn to dodge and backtime first (since if you need to you'll use these more early on). After that learn more advanced, but similar, game play elements like noble trains and sniping noble trains (all on tw wiki and more in depth discussion about them on .net and .de forums). Also read forum discussions for nuke builds on archer worlds (this is an archer world) and also read the post on this forum about churches. Churches is a very important element on this world and I would imagine 75% of the players in this world have never played with churches before and half of those don't even know how they work, so reading that and you'll have a clear advantage already.

Remember to never stop building troops unless your running out of farm space, then build a farm and continue troop production (usually light cavalry and axes are the 2 most common units, since they are very offensive).

If your not going to be very active you could try to join a tribe that knows what their doing in K75 and find someone that plays during your off times and vice versa so you can "sit" each other, which means you can play each others accounts to farm etc while the other person isn't playing without actually giving your account info to anyone.

Also I would recommend buying a premium account, it's quite cheap and the advantages are well worth it.

DeletedUser

Thanks Jaguar and Adam, ok this is what I've gathered, correct me if I'm wrong..

Spears - Better defence against LC
Sword - Better defence against Axemen
Archer - Possibly best defence against Axemen however vunerable to Mounter Archers
Axemen - Is the most used offensive troop? Better against Spearmen based defences
Scout - Self explanatory
LC - Quickest offensive troops/best hauler
Mounted Archer - Kills off archers easily but against LC it doesn't have an as good attack nor haul + takes up more farm space
Heavy Cavalry - Stronger than LC and can be used as defence, preferably with spears/archers
Rams - Hit walls before battles begin
Catapults - damages buildings, is this mainly used to hurt a barrack/stable whilst farming or to hit a rally point to stop opponents troops from returning? I can't see sense in hitting anything else hard

DeletedUser

Welcome.

My advice is to read as much as you can. I highly recommend reading the thread entitled "start up" in the guides section of these forums. It will get you off to a good start and there is a lot more helpful content throughout the thread. Another good thread to follow is the one titled "OK I'm stuck, kinda" in the general section. It was started by another first time player and might save you from repeating some of his questions :icon_wink:

Don't be afraid to ask questions as there are a lot of players willing to answer them here. (surprisingly)

DeletedUser

pretty much got it but on rally points the troops still return if the command to return has beem sent but the player can't do any other commands for that village.

DeletedUser

One suggestion for with the cats: if you're trying to destroy a player's village so you can farm them easier, then catting their farm as much as you can will really cripple them. If the farm is demolished to a level below which their current population is greater than the village's capacity, then they will be unable to build anything which requires population space until their farm is rebuilt. This means they will be unable to build troops until their farm is rebuilt, but of course if you are farming them, then they will have no resources with which to rebuild their farm. So without lots of support from tribemates, it can be very difficult for a player to recover from having their farm demolished, which makes this a very effective way of crippling a village.

DeletedUser

One suggestion for with the cats: if you're trying to destroy a player's village so you can farm them easier, then catting their farm as much as you can will really cripple them. If the farm is demolished to a level below which their current population is greater than the village's capacity, then they will be unable to build anything which requires population space until their farm is rebuilt. This means they will be unable to build troops until their farm is rebuilt, but of course if you are farming them, then they will have no resources with which to rebuild their farm. So without lots of support from tribemates, it can be very difficult for a player to recover from having their farm demolished, which makes this a very effective way of crippling a village.

Ah, that's really clever. How long till you tend to get catapults?

DeletedUser

Catapults are quite a while away (requiring a level 12 smithy), but its something to bear in mind for now.

DeletedUser

Day two is here and I'm still live and kickin'

The only query I have is that I don't quite understand the principal of the church. I've read the information on the help page within TW, is there better explanations elsewhere?

DeletedUser

A church will make any troops belonging to or supporting villages under its influence fight at 100% of their normal strength. Without it they only fight at half their normal strength. Supporting troops are strengthened by the churches of the supported player. Each church has an area of influence around the village it is built in; you can see whether a village is influenced by a church on the village overview screen. Having multiple churches does not increase the strength of your troops. Churches belonging to tribe mates or allies do not influence troops in your village.

I think that's pretty much it, hope it clarifies it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Neither do i lol:
It might be a good idea to find someone willing to teach you the basics who is fairly good, i would maybe suggest mailing the dukes of the top tribes and be polite and ask if they could possibly help you grow and learn more about TW

Top players always act like ****heads, to In game mails

Anyway good luck

DeletedUser

So it makes sense to only build churches which slightly overlap their boundaries, as it would be a waste of farmspace if they were built in every village?

More so, am I right in saying a few level 3 churches would be better than frequent level 1 churches, in terms of saving farmspace and covering a wider area of religion?

DeletedUser

So it makes sense to only build churches which slightly overlap their boundaries, as it would be a waste of farmspace if they were built in every village?

Yes, exactly. It also means you have to cluster your villages a little more to get the most out of your churches.

More so, am I right in saying a few level 3 churches would be better than frequent level 1 churches, in terms of saving farmspace and covering a wider area of religion?

I imagine so. I suppose it depends on how close/spread out your villages are.

DeletedUser

This is what i love about TW: so many different ways to play

It all depends: if you have quite a few villages in a group that could all be reached by one level 3 church then that is the best option

However sometimes a level 2 church does the best job in covering your cluster.

Another thing to remember is that you need to hide your church villages, as if the church gets taken out it weakens all your other villages

So basically it depends on where your villages are in relation to each other

so maybe ask that again later when u have ten or so villages