My Introduction

DeletedUser

Thanks Jaguar and Adam, ok this is what I've gathered, correct me if I'm wrong..

Spears - Better defence against LC
Sword - Better defence against Axemen
Archer - Possibly best defence against Axemen however vunerable to Mounter Archers
Axemen - Is the most used offensive troop? Better against Spearmen based defences
Scout - Self explanatory
LC - Quickest offensive troops/best hauler
Mounted Archer - Kills off archers easily but against LC it doesn't have an as good attack nor haul + takes up more farm space
Heavy Cavalry - Stronger than LC and can be used as defence, preferably with spears/archers
Rams - Hit walls before battles begin
Catapults - damages buildings, is this mainly used to hurt a barrack/stable whilst farming or to hit a rally point to stop opponents troops from returning? I can't see sense in hitting anything else hard

You basicly have the troops figured out,now you have to learn how to properly use them in numbers and sizes,as well as your buildings and such.

I'm in the mood to give some advice,if you ever need any help ingame,feel free to mail me.

DeletedUser

When farming do not think chucking lots of spears about is neccesarily the best way to farm.

You will attack a barb at this stage and will get a haul, however if you use all your spears at once you will not get a haul. Here comes the importance of swords. If you farm by splitting your parties into say 10 spears 5 swords (to avoid spear or sword losses) you can send more parties out to farm and each party has a larger chance of recieving a full haul, meaning that you recieve more res in total as you have less risk of not recieving full hauls : )

This should start providing fairly plentiful res and you can then start thinking about researching axes and light calvary (not sure I spelt that right, normally refered to as lc for short). Axes will mean you can continue to split your parties up however you can use them instead of swords or as well as, as they are faster and stronger units in combat. LC are one of the fastest units, have a large haul potential and can be split up into small groups and quickly recieve large hauls for their size (For example 10 lc will give you a x/800 haul compared to a 10 spear and a 5 sword haul giving you a x/325 haul and the extra speed of lc meaning more hauls can be made in the same time).

I hope this helped you, sorry if it was over simplified and was degrading or was over complicated. : ) You seem smart so it was probably a bit degrading sorry :\