New Features for 6.0: Mobile and Awards

DeletedUser4

[tt]Here are two more features waiting for you and all tribal wars players.
Our developers have worked hard on improving the playability for mobile phones. Today, Tribal Wars can be played on your mobile browser. But you need patience and it is really unpolished in our eyes. As we think that mobile playability is a big advantage for browser based games compared to client games or boxed games and since it very probably will become even more important in the next years, we thought it was time to change that situation. We did not decide to develop a Tribal Wars application, but we wanted to improve the output for mobile browser.

iphoneh.png

With version 6.0, Tribal Wars will look very different when you log in with a mobile phone. Our server realizes that you are using a mobile browser and will change the displayed menus etc. We think that this will give a very high comfort for the users. And since you do not have to buy a separate application, this should be a very user friendly feature.
For game play, the introduced award system will be a nice feature. You will be able to receive several awards for different achievements in the game. The requirements for them could be quite simple things like certain point numbers or numbers of conquered villages. On the other hand, we will also have some less obvious awards, as players could be rewarded for continued endurance when they have often restarted to play a world after being nobled.
We have just started an internal test or version 6.0 and we will start to update all worlds to this update in the upcoming weeks, so you will not have to wait much longer to play another new Tribal Wars. Have fun![/tt]

DeletedUser

Nice work :)

Shall be interesting to see these awards...

Btw, Typo on the spoiler >.< Should be iPhone not "IPONE" :p

DeletedUser

This... Is... Awesome!

I take it that it will detect I'm browsing from an iPod touch via looking at the device being used rather than by checking if it's being run from a mobile network?

And also a feature I'd like to see implemented is the ability to switch from the mobile version to the classic and normal version so we would be able to get onto features that this mobile version may not have the abilities to support?

DeletedUser4147

Nice work :)

Shall be interesting to see these awards...

Btw, Typo on the spoiler >.< Should be iPhone not "IPONE" :p

maybe IPONE was tracey's way of saying I Pwn...

Looks good, but my mobile is broketed, so i'm trying to barter a Iphone contract out of my parents

DeletedUser

Looks great, but what about for those like myself that play tribal wars on a different phone (Nokia e71 currently) then the iphone? Will it still work for other phones or will it just appear the same way as present?

DeletedUser4

Looks great, but what about for those like myself that play tribal wars on a different phone (Nokia e71 currently) then the iphone? Will it still work for other phones or will it just appear the same way as present?

[tt]Im sorry to say I have no idea you have all the information that I do [/tt]

DeletedUser117

Wouldn't it be the same - as long as you are using some type of phone? It would be good to be able to chose a text based, no image option. Some people only have a certain amount of MB data usage. Whilst no images would make it look very basic, it would speed up loading and you wouldn't have to worry about going over your data package too much.

DeletedUser5915

Will it recognise that that I am on a mobile device when I connect from the mobile network and my router?

Also the majority of my playing is on my mobile (Nokia 5800xpressmusic) so I would be VERY happy to trial this.

DeletedUser

Will it recognise that that I am on a mobile device when I connect from the mobile network and my router?

Also the majority of my playing is on my mobile (Nokia 5800xpressmusic) so I would be VERY happy to trial this.

I too play on this phone....so this will be interesting.

DeletedUser2765

[ke]PSP probably, WII, probably not... You have an entire television, it's hardly mobile. :\[/ke]

DeletedUser589

Would it work with PSPs and the WII?

Isnt it more to do with the actual browser its self on the mobile? IE the server will notice the browser type and that is what will provide you with the mobi version of tw? There fore it doesnt really matter what size screen or network you play it from 9 (eg your home broadband), So as long as you use a phone with the browser set up on it, then it shouldnt matter what type of phone you use or if its connected to home broad band or a television or what ever?

Or am I way of course with this one?

DeletedUser2765

[ke]No, that sounds like it'd make sense. Tribalwars should recognize the type of browser/software you're using and thus make it into the mobile version or regular.[/ke]

DeletedUser6063

TAHNKYOU! :D

i love using my mobile for tw saves me having to turn the pc on all the time

but it was getting annoying with the screen flickering when you get more res and the animations also typing messages was annoying cant wait to see the difference :D

Edit: would the itouch work the same as a mobile?

DeletedUser2765

[ke]Yes ryand, the itouch is the same as the mobile.[/ke]

DeletedUser1370

Out of interest, will awards be carried over from world to world? Or do you have seperate awards for every world you play on?

DeletedUser

Prob it is for one world at a time... since tracey mentioned "as players could be rewarded for continued endurance when they have often restarted to play a world after being nobled" which is not for every world , im sorry if im mistaken.

DeletedUser4147

will an iPad work as a mobile or laptop... :icon_confused:

('cos i'm goign to try get an iPad)