New Game Player

DeletedUser6196

Hi all,

I am new to this forum & Tribal Wars.

No experience in the strategy game, however I am willing to have a go & see where the journey takes me.

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

DeletedUser

advice: find a nice small tribe in your area with developing players and learn together, dont go for rank 1 in your k because chances are they wont help you if you mail me your area and what world i can suggest some

this is the best way to learn, the best way to get better is to be active, to be active try and get a role in the tribe so your not bored hours on end

DeletedUser6196

Thanks Ashley- sound advice, it appears (after reading forum) a bit lethal out there.

I am in world 3, K42
whats the best way of identifying a small tribe? I have noticed within my continent when in map view, tribes are identified when passing over a village, is it a case of looking at each individual tribe identified and attempt to join what i believe to be a "developing" tribe

DeletedUser

nope, if you go to ranking at the top of the screen (next to your rank and points looks like this, 12,654.|300 something like that just some numbers) on the left side of the window it says Continent tribes (3rd option down) click that and you will see what tribes are the best/worst in your k

DeletedUser5774

Greetings new player. If you ever read this message, please note: troops are essiental in this game. Always have high troops counts. Please read some guides on what types of troops to use and build early on in a game, and even a start up guide that tells you what to build in order of which comes first. It would also be highly insisted that you get enough troops to attack the Barbarians that would surrond your starting village. This is called farming, and allows your growth to be quicker because your villages will take resources from said barbarian villages. Goodluck.

DeletedUser6196

Both sound pieces of advice.
Ashley I have managed to join a Tribe within my world-luckily they have a reasonable standing in my world.
I was beginning to build up some buildings looking to improve types of troops however i may have to re-valuate my strategy with SexySmurf's advice.

what is a recommended number to attack Barbarians??

DeletedUser

Ashley I have managed to join a Tribe within my world-luckily they have a reasonable standing in my world.
I was beginning to build up some buildings looking to improve types of troops however i may have to re-valuate my strategy with SexySmurf's advice.

build a statue, and create a paladin. One you get 4 spears, send them with the paladin.

DeletedUser

The basics are simple, build your buildings up a little bit, and keep your troops up, troops will win you fights not points.
Find a nice tribe what fits your standards, and make sure they will work together, not some silly tribes what make/join a tribe and work by themself.

DeletedUser6196

no paladin's in my world.
without giving too much away what level of numbers are recommended for my troops?

are we talking many hundreds or thousands?

DeletedUser

hmm

build a statue, and create a paladin. One you get 4 spears, send them with the paladin.

Well, I would say I wouldnt wait "once you get 4 spears" and my paladin sitting home watching it all. If you are on pally world I recommend you to get statue then pally as soon as possible, for this will make your farming started away already. The reason you send 4 spears "with paladin" is that spears dont have good offense power whereas paladin has a good amount to withstand itself, so before you even have 4 spears, you may send paladin to farm which will bring some amount of resources, this will help. Moving on, troops are actually the win for the game, without troops you are a looser.Sending spears alone will make a quite loss, and sending them with pally is really unlikely to make a loss.

DeletedUser

no paladin's in my world.
without giving too much away what level of numbers are recommended for my troops?

are we talking many hundreds or thousands?

Read it now, spears make losses at according to your oponents' village's wall, sending 4 alone will make a loss. I would say send more than 10-20 spears alone. Make more spears, and as your income increases, try aiming for swords, so your farming party get strong. I would say sending 5 swords along with 20-30 is good enough, I usually have myself 100+ spears along with 15+ swords before I have LC, and this is really effective. Who I learned from are quite famous around the TW ;) and thats what they usually do aswell. Good luck

DeletedUser

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64

I'd recommend this guide matey. You want a min of 15 spears to start farming with (farming is when you attack the barbarian villages, the grey ones on your map, to collect resources).

Like i said buddy crack on with that guide and if you have questions along the way feel free to PM me on here and i'll do my best to answer.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64

I'd recommend this guide matey. You want a min of 15 spears to start farming with (farming is when you attack the barbarian villages, the grey ones on your map, to collect resources).

Like i said buddy crack on with that guide and if you have questions along the way feel free to PM me on here and i'll do my best to answer.

Waiting till 15 is not necessary. You typically begin making a profit at 8 spears, personally I usually wait till 11.

DeletedUser6196

Thanks for all ur advice. it appears i am at the point now as i have 3-4 parties off out farming at local Barbarian villages. any further advice is more than welcome such as,
what typical size of force would i expect to attack my village?
Is there a 3-7 days grace before i am attacked, giving me time to build some form of defensive force??
if so what typical defensive force should i attempt to build???