New or unexperienced players Help Guide

DeletedUser

Hello all new or unexperienced players, hopefully this will help you know some pretty major things that are involved in being a good player. Of course you can't just be a good player because you know these things, you have to show everyone that you know them. You have to prove yourself, you have to work hard and be active to acheive things in this game.

These are just some of the more major things that you'll need to know are to atleast recognize when you get past the starting stages of the game.

Noble trains: A noble train is a sequence of nobles placed in a group of attacks, usually they are sent very close to eachother, (within the same second), if they are sent by someone who is experienced. If not trains can range from 150ms to 5 minutes :p

How to send quick trains:

Go to the village you want to attack, click "send troops" send all your axes, all of your LC except for 200!! and all your rams, with one noble. Click "attack". Once your window has switched right click on the village you are attacking and hit "open in new tab", this time when sending troops only send 50 Lc and one noble. Repeat this procedure until you have 5 tabs opened.

(Web browser)
Opera: (recomended)

Step 1: After you have your 5 tabs open, to through each one and click the "tab" key.
Step 2: Go to your first tab, make sure that your attack troops are in the first attack that you send!
Step 3: Click "enter" "2" "enter" "2" "enter" "2" "enter" "2" "enter" as fast as you possibly can
Step 4: Go back to your village overveiw and check to make sure that your train isn't under the illegal time. (150ms)

Other browsers that I know of you cant send trains as quick, in my opinion Opera is the way to go.

Firefox:

Step 1: Open your 5 tabs, click "tab" key on each one.
Step 2: Hit "enter" on the first tab, then click on the second tab and hit "enter" again. Reapeat this until all your nobles are sent.

Internet Explorer:

Step 1: Open your 5 tabs, click "tab" key on each one.
Step 2: Hit "enter" on the first tab, then click on the second tab and hit "enter" again. Reapeat this until all your nobles are sent.

Backtiming:

When someone attacks you, you time another attack tha will land one or two seconds after their troops return to their village. This you will kill all their troops without them having the chance to dodge your attack.

Sniping:

Support Train: Sending a support train is like a noble train, just send a bunch of support and hope that one of them lands within the time when the noble lands. A support train should contain about 1/3 f your troops for each tab you have open. So if you had 6ksp/sw each support would contain 2K/2K.

If that doesn't work, try dodging the first attack and then cancell your troops and have them return for one of the other attacks that land.

Village Builds: (It's best that you don't build your villages to the full amount as it allows for you to have more farm space for more troops!)

Village Headquarters (Level 25)
Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 15)
Academy (Level 3)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 25)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Hiding place (Level 0)
Wall (Level 20)

That will get your village to 11146 points.

Village Headquarters (Level 20)
Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 9)
Academy (Level 3)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 20)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Hiding place (Level 5)
Wall (Level 20)

That will get your village to 9999 points.

Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 5)
Academy (Level 3)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 20)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)l
Hiding place (Level 0)
Wall (Level 20)

This will get your village to 9936 points.

Well, I hope this helps, if anyone has anything to add to this please do!

Drluminus

DeletedUser

not a bad attempt at a helpful guide :)
Note for backtiming: you should prolly saw that people will need to figure out what the guy is sending at them to backtime and that troops move at diffent speeds

also i never have my workshop all that high

DeletedUser

And also in the noble train bit, in this server the sped can be under 150 ms

DeletedUser

And also in the noble train bit, in this server the sped can be under 150 ms

Unless you know a trick, those attacks are near impossible to send under that amount of time. *Unless you get server lag, then they stack very well.*

Take's a LOT of practice to get nobles that fast, I can put mine down in about 250 ms. I haven't tried in quite some time, I'm prolly rusty.

DeletedUser

I can do it in under 150ms ;) but I practice frequently and have been doing it since 2007...

DeletedUser

Does anyone have a copy of the version of this guide with pictures? I think that would probably be more helpful than a block of text.

And Drluminous, much of getting a train under 150ms has to do with your connection speed. Some people, despite how fast they click, are unable to get it below 150ms because their connection is too slow.

DeletedUser

Yes connection is a very good part of sending a 150ms train, I myself have highspeed which usually always runs pretty well unless there's a strom of some sort.

I can add some screen shots in a couple weeks when I have more time if thats what people want.

DeletedUser

I'm sure screenshot's would help alot of people. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Village Builds: (It's best that you don't build your villages to the full amount as it allows for you to have more farm space for more troops!)

Village Headquarters (Level 25)
Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 15)
Academy (Level 3)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 25)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Hiding place (Level 0)
Wall (Level 20)

That will get your village to 11146 points.

Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 9)
Academy (Level 3)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 20)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Hiding place (Level 5)
Wall (Level 20)

That will get your village to 9999 points.

Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 5)
Academy (Level 3)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 20)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)l
Hiding place (Level 0)
Wall (Level 20)

This will get your village to 9936 points.

Well, I hope this helps, if anyone has anything to add to this please do!

Drluminus
Okay someone take the kid gloves off? Please... People might actually follow this crap

Village Headquarters (Level 25) ---Why? after you are in late game why?
Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 15) ---Why? Unless you have a cat village never never never never above level 2......
Academy (Level 3) No, no no no no no Never above level 2 after your first few villages
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 25)--- Why? Do you really move that many res around? If so then sure build it there, but some explanation would be nice not many people do that much tedium to require this level market
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)--- Why? Why would you ever need it above 27 or 26 even?
Hiding place (Level 0)---- Why? Why not build it to 10
Wall (Level 20)

If you get my point, all of those builds you placed up there are
A)Horrible
B)You need reasoning behind things because we all dont play the same way.

As for the rest its a bastardization of already written guides in a worse form. Why people haven't said dont follow this until now is beyond me. Sure you can be nice guys I realize I am not but you need to point out that there are huge flaws here.

The sniping guide is horrible, the back timing examples are horrible, the opera guide leaves out key information, enough that someone who follows it wont be able to do it. Basically its all around fail, a few concepts are right, and you sort of have somethings right but when you do you leave out key information about those things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I agree pretty much 100% with all of curr's comments.

Ideal village build IMO:

Buildings
Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 2)
Academy (Level 2)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Statue (Level 1)
Market (Level 20)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 27)
Hiding place (Level 10)
Wall (Level 20)

9342 points

Only change I'd make is warehouse to 30 on worlds with no morale.

The backtiming and support train descriptions don't at all go into how to do either thing, and as such are useless.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

level 25 hq can be useful in a village under attack to rebuild wall, otherwise 20 is all that is needed

with workshop i would say 3, just because i normally build lc and axe first before starting on rebuilding my cats/rams

DeletedUser

with workshop i would say 3, just because i normally build lc and axe first before starting on rebuilding my cats/rams
Not that like 2 pop room matters, but you can keep your stable,rax, and workshop going at the same time so there is no need to ever wait to build them. As n00by as it is you should not follow all rules of proper playing procedure at all times, attacking with half nukes is smart at times. And in those cases you want to have some rams with you.

DeletedUser

I build the workshop higher because it builds rams faster. HQ to 25 in some cases to mainly demolish buildings or build walls.

The 9,936 build is the best build in my opinion. It leaves everything open with still a reasonable amount of farm space.

DeletedUser

I build the workshop higher because it builds rams faster. HQ to 25 in some cases to mainly demolish buildings or build walls.

You dont need rams faster, like ever, there is never a reason that your army will be built and waiting on rams unless you are talking about specialized villages which are not the norm, and thus should not be treated as such..... Demoing buildings speed is immaterial, if you do it when you get the village immediately pop room wont be an issue while you are demoing the village and if you are demoing the village that means it isn't built to your build yet thus, it is immaterial. And you still have a level 3 acd, which is just downright wasteful no reason to ever have one in late game.

And then there is the moral issue, I keep my villages at 8,900 points so I dont have to deal with horrible moral at all times. Thats a little extreme but there is never a reason to have a village at 11k, like you posted, and even your 9.936k build is not that good, though it is at least okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
You dont need rams faster, like ever

That.

Even assuming you make 350 rams, they still build faster in a level 2 workshop than your total number of axes do in a 25 barracks. Speeding up your already fastest queue is useless.

350 rams @ level 2 ws = 4862 axez @ 25 barracks

Ever made less than 4862 axes in a nuke? I haven't.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

That.

Even assuming you make 350 rams, they still build faster in a level 2 workshop than your total number of axes do in a 25 barracks. Speeding up your already fastest queue is useless.

350 rams @ level 2 ws = 4862 axez @ 25 barracks

Ever made less than 4862 axes in a nuke? I haven't.

Never seen my late game nuke theories? They are odd to say the least. I use 50% specialized nukes my normal nukes are 219 rams.

DeletedUser

Mpst of my nukes contain 300-400 rams...

As for the demolishing, I keep of at 25 so that in the future if I decide to downgrade my buildings I don't have to wait 26hrs for market to go down to 24. Instead I wait only 19 or something like that, not exactly sure. But the HQ definatley speeds the process up.

Nauzhror

Reaction score

As for the demolishing, I keep of at 25 so that in the future if I decide to downgrade my buildings I don't have to wait 26hrs for market to go down to 24. Instead I wait only 19 or something like that, not exactly sure. But the HQ definatley speeds the process up.

Except of course that the 25 HQ itself uses more farm space than anything you'd be demolishing and is as such useless.

DeletedUser

I stared to write how to use rams, but it ended up with too many words, I'll just point you in the right direction. http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=100537&highlight=rams+guide

That's how you should be using rams, you clearly have your numbers way off:icon_confused: I am done attempting to help you, you can choose to believe what I have said, and proven, or you cannot. But being so arrogant to the point of not taking advice is never smart, there is always more to learn, and you may have had success in other worlds, but that does not mean that you are playing in the most effectiveness way. I'm done arguing, I hope you actually attempt to better yourself, rather than take the hard headed Im right, there is no way it can be otherwise approach I seem to think you will take.