New or unexperienced players Help Guide

DeletedUser

I am sure there are more logical ways to do things and build things, and I'm not sayig there isn't. It just seems that everytime I pos something or try to help someone I get flamed and people go all technical on me.

The village builds are not the most important part of this, I was basically just trying to help people out who are confused about things.

DeletedUser2137

First of all thank you very much for going to so much trouble to try to offer help to newbies. However, I have been playing a few weeks but all of the above is more or less double dutch to me. I admit I am not a quick learner nor yet the best of players. I am not a natural at this I am a person who will have to start at the bottom and work hard to get further, but its something I do want to do nevertheless. But for the slightly more advanced player I am sure it is all very interesting stuff though. Keep up the good work chaps cos us less experienced rely on those of you willing to teach and share advice and experience. One player I came across is obviously very good at this game but he is a 'basher' not willing to teach (or maybe unable to...not everyone can teach even if they want to ...its not easy). Bashers and name callers are ten a penny but those like you genuinely trying to help are very valuable and are what help keep the newbies coming and the game keep going. Thank you so much once again.

DeletedUser

Don't be so harsh on Dr.Lumius he is trying his best to help others not for people to criticise him.

DeletedUser

First of all thank you very much for going to so much trouble to try to offer help to newbies. However, I have been playing a few weeks but all of the above is more or less double dutch to me. I admit I am not a quick learner nor yet the best of players. I am not a natural at this I am a person who will have to start at the bottom and work hard to get further, but its something I do want to do nevertheless. But for the slightly more advanced player I am sure it is all very interesting stuff though. Keep up the good work chaps cos us less experienced rely on those of you willing to teach and share advice and experience. One player I came across is obviously very good at this game but he is a 'basher' not willing to teach (or maybe unable to...not everyone can teach even if they want to ...its not easy). Bashers and name callers are ten a penny but those like you genuinely trying to help are very valuable and are what help keep the newbies coming and the game keep going. Thank you so much once again.
Don't listen to this guide, that was the point of bashing, congrats he is trying to help push the game forward, but he is dead wrong with how he went about doing it. And the people flaming it are not people who dont try to help others, I have taught many players, some of which have ended up as number one on their respective worlds. I have written many guides, my flaming does not come out of a need to keep him down, but a need to keep the knowledge level up, this guide is wrong, it is as simple as that. If you listen to it it will make you worse not better.
Don't be so harsh on Dr.Lumius he is trying his best to help others not for people to criticise him.

Listening to this helps no-one he still needs to be taught to play before he attempts teaching.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2765

Mattcurr, just because you disagree with his village build does not make the whole guide bad. It sums up other guides in a beginners guide. Hmm, interesting.

If you disagree with his guide sooo much, make a better one for beginners.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Mattcurr, just because you disagree with his village build does not make the whole guide bad. It sums up other guides in a beginners guide. Hmm, interesting.

It goes FAR beyond the village build. The guide is terrible. I'm not shocked you fail to realize that though given your past 'achievements'.

DeletedUser

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=178

[SPOILER="
1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg
][/SPOILER]

http://s350.photobucket.com/albums/q416/mattcurr/?action=view&current=Movie.flv

http://s350.photobucket.com/albums/q416/mattcurr/?action=view&current=Movie_0001-1.flv

I had many more but lost them when my computer and external hard drive decided to crap out at the same time last year. That was on 30 seconds notice I can probably dig for some more written ones if you want? As I said my motive in flaming is the hopes that no-one will follow it, btw the village builds are undefendable they are plain wrong, no matter what style of play. And the rest is ripped off guides that are better written else where, as you will see these guides are dated, and better written elsewhere thus why I didnt post them. All of the sections of his guide are either wrong or lack key information. And the fact that I need to defend telling people that is odd. If you want people to follow this go ahead, but it is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2765

It goes FAR beyond the village build. The guide is terrible. I'm not shocked you fail to realize that though given your past 'achievements'.

It's a quick look at the better written guides. I did not acknowledge that this guide is the best, or even that it will make a player on key with other good players. But that doesn't mean its horrible. Its a quick beginners guide thats all there is to it. Just the basics.

@mattcurr, fair enough, maybe you should bump that thread up then. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

It's a quick look at the better written guides. I did not acknowledge that this guide is the best, or even that it will make a player on key with other good players. But that doesn't mean its horrible. Its a quick beginners guide thats all there is to it. Just the basics.
Its the basics placed out incorrectly, and if you screw people up at the basics they can never learn the advanced things.