No Noobery says Farewell to UK 6

DeletedUser

I thought I would summarize my time in UK6. If for nothing else, a glimpse into my game. I started this world to reconnect with friends from UK3. For me, Tribal Wars is about commradery in game. I started a tribe called Virus in tribute to a common term those of us in UK3 used to describe our dominant growth in that world as part of a tribe called ui: . UK6 was my first foray in “the core”. I took a huge gamble and went after a player bigger than me early on and was schooled quickly by the back time. Brico, you know who you are…lol. I realized it was time to restart.

One of the most aggressive players I have ever met, wanted to co-play my account. How could I pass up an offer from Daniel? That is when the account just exploded. We started to grow rapidly and realized there was no denying that a merge was necessary for our players to survive. We were few and BOB were many…all around us. Virus merged into BOB and eventually +W+. This is where the lines became blurred. Daniel had wanted to be part of Gold since the beginning of the world. I wanted to play with those I was comfortable with. The discussion raged between us for weeks. When +W+ became just another apathetic tribe, I relented, as I also play this game to be successful. That was a decision that sealed our fate in UK6. That one decision would define the No Noobery account until the end. Looking back, it was the single worst decision I made in Tribal Wars in 5 years. So called “elite” tribes are not as elite as they appear from the outside, in my opinion.

I never really felt comfortable in Gold. It was apparent that we were on the outside. These players knew each other well and we were “fillers”. It was apparent that we were all on our own. There were the core players and the rest of Gold. I did my best to fit in in the Skype chats, but it was apparent I was out of my element. The people were nice enough and Tilt was an amazing leader. Still, there was a connection that was missing for me. Gold recruited some players in the area. Star123 was a super team mate to my north. The two of us worked hand and hand solidifying our territory. Unfortunately, the Gold player to my south, Minecrawler, played a very selfish game and was a useless member of any tribe. He was a player who would not coordinate or support. The worst tribe mate I have ever had on my border in TW. Minecrawler was the complete opposite of Star123.

As time rolled on, the only target left was RK. I must admit, Star123 and I were very close to joining RK at this point. The glitter on the Gold had worn off and we were looking to play with our old friends and get the feeling of “tribe” back in our game. However, RK were unproven in our eyes. We were taking villages with no retaliation. Hell, I had to attack them because there were no other targets. This is where the rift began. The core Gold members were only focused on what was going on in the core. There was no real concern for the growth opportunities for the rest of us. Ironblev did warn me about taking on RK. However, I had no other growth opportunities. I let the tribe leaders know I was going in.

I went three days of non-stop attacks from RK with zero support from Gold. 1100 villages against my 100 were not good odds. I honestly felt the support would be there for me. I never counted on such slow support and to a large degree…minimal support. I had exhausted most of my defense. I did get some defense to roll in however it was less than stellar. I don’t want to revisit that whole subject. It was addressed for months on the externals. Suffice it to say, I was not the only Gold member to raise this concern. RK was not sending many fakes, they were mostly all Nukes and Nobles. I was at a point where 35 villages were in immediate danger of being nobled. If my friends in RK had joined in…that would have been the end of the No Noobery account right then. My friends from past worlds that were in RK asked me to open some dialogue instead of our account being ruined, so I did. It was not like the cavalry was coming in and I was surrounded on three sides by RK. Hell, I got three defensive villages from Minecrawler when I asked for immediate support. He was kind enough to send from 24 hours away instead of 2 hours away. This made us suspect him as an RK spy. Come to find out, it was just him being him.

At this point, our game was in the hands of RK….no doubt. Daniel and I spoke about the three days of non-stop nukes and nobles. We were on the same page that we could not keep this up for much longer without some serious support from Gold. Daniel will tell you himself that he hated defense. I was the player spending the majority of the three days defending. At one point, he just stopped. I knew it was time to ramp up the RK discussion. Much was made of me changing the password on the account. I did do it; this is true, for 45 minutes. I needed to ensure I could continue productive discussions with RK leaders; without him logging on launching Nukes all over the place. Daniel is not a subtle man and is very aggressive. Even he said that was a good idea on my part because he would have launched all over them. That would have been the end of the game for the No Noobery account. Again, another pivotal point in the game for this account.

Then came the decision that kicked off a fire storm of hate against the account from our old tribe Gold. I must admit I was surprised by the personal hatred spewed by many of the Gold members. It had gone beyond the game to personal. Players were posting on the externals forums, things that were blatantly false. It was really amazing to see the zeal in which Gold attacked me for making the decision to leave. Only a few like Tilt were level headed and understood my move. When you assess the move, it made all the sense in the world given my position in relation to RK. However, our decision exposed a glaring weakness that would only be recognized by UK6 tribes as more Gold members complained of the same lack of support. Interestingly enough, not one word was said about Star123 when he left Gold.

Gold decided that the hatred on the externals was not enough and declared on RK. Guess who was on the front lines with Gold…yup…you guessed it…me. Now I must say that once they declared on us I saw an opportunity. It was either Minecrawler or me going home. I didn’t come this far to be rimmed. I organized the operation on him for two reasons. One, I wanted another Gold member to see what I went through against RK. After all, I was the coward who couldn’t handle being attacked….right? For all the name calling at me, I wanted someone to walk a mile in my shoes and see how they would like it. Two…it was an opportunity to prove selfish players get rimmed and tribe play rules the day in this game. It was not long before Minecrawler quit under the constant attacks. He was dismantled in quick fashion. That was the message to UK6 that RK was the real deal. It was also the proof that Gold was not who UK6 thought they were. Tribes saw the rimming of Minecrawler and decided to stand up and fight. Gold folded very quickly. They were exposed. For all of their chest pounding, elitist attitudes, and vile hatred towards the rest of the world, they did exactly what I did. They searched out a strong tribe to align instead of risking an end game for their accounts. I was called many things along the way in this world, when all I really wanted was a “tribe” and continued play. In the end, I walk away with a bad taste in my mouth towards all the Gold members whose in game play turned personal in nature. My parting words to all those Gold members who ridiculed me for moving to RK is this….”Hypocrites, you did the same thing when JBOX attacked you. At least I put up a fight. You all folded like a cheap tent and ran for cover. Not one of you stood up to fight.”

The lesson UK6 has taught me is a simple one. This is a game. Stay clear of those who spew personal hatred for in game decisions. In the end, this game is only as good as those you choose to play alongside. The more people try to shout you down on the externals, the more there is under the surface. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Be Well,

No Noobery has left UK6.

DeletedUser9005

Best of luck to you, What a great story.

Its a shame to see world 6 to lose another good player.

DeletedUser8782

Shame to see you go, But Ui: where never dominant on UK3 :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser8366

See you soon Mark.

A good and honest post

Actually, it was far from honest. However I'm not going to get into all that again, instead I'll just let mark have the last word he so desperately needs.

DeletedUser8897

take care no noobery....its a shame about the fact its impossible to have your own opinion around here about how you seen the world evolve, without all the back slappers trying to take it from you mate. imo you hit the nail on the head about the types of players this server tends to hold in high regard.. i hope you find a great tribe that will enjoy having someone with your skill set amongst them in the future.

DeletedUser

take care brother , see you soon . been a real pleasure working with you mate.

DeletedUser8366

take care no noobery....its a shame about the fact its impossible to have your own opinion around here about how you seen the world evolve, without all the back slappers trying to take it from you mate. imo you hit the nail on the head about the types of players this server tends to hold in high regard.. i hope you find a great tribe that will enjoy having someone with your skill set amongst them in the future.

Opinions are fine TP, however lies are not. Not going into it because what happened was between mark and gold members, nothing to do with anyone else. All he is showing himself to be is a disgruntled ex gold member who has a grudge against all ex gold members.. for what? I talked to him and Daniel after they left and their issue was with TWO gold members yet now he just wants to discredit all ex gold members. Which quite frankly is pure crap and pretty much undeserved.

Virus Gold 04th December 2010 - 00:09:55 93,291
Gold RK 01st February 2011 - 19:18:25 1,130,584

If Gold was so terrible why stay for 2 months?

Just happens to be the longest he's ever been in a tribe on this world including RK.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Unfortuantly Styx, Mark's take on Gold is how most of the world seen them and nothing now is going to change that.

Also i dont believe he was grudging all of ex Gold. He seems to say things like "many of gold" and "to all those gold members who.." which im sure is much more accurate than all.

Anyways,

Farewell Mark. It was nice playing alongside you and its sad to see you go. Wish you all the best in the future.

That was the message to UK6 that RK was the real deal.
:icon_cool:

DeletedUser6748

If you don't like the players on this server why play it TP? Just because Chubbs is better than you there's no point in continuing to throw your toys. So with your last statement are you say that RK are not a great tribe? Because thats what it looks like IMO.

Bye Mark from when we have spoken you seemed a decent guy, and I can only judge from our conversations and not from what others say. So good luck in the future

DeletedUser

Opinions are fine TP, however lies are not. Not going into it because what happened was between mark and gold members, nothing to do with anyone else. All he is showing himself to be is a disgruntled ex gold member who has a grudge against all ex gold members.. for what? I talked to him and Daniel after they left and their issue was with TWO gold members yet now he just wants to discredit all ex gold members. Which quite frankly is pure crap and pretty much undeserved.

Virus Gold 04th December 2010 - 00:09:55 93,291
Gold RK 01st February 2011 - 19:18:25 1,130,584

If Gold was so terrible why stay for 2 months?

Just happens to be the longest he's ever been in a tribe on this world including RK.

You just can't resist it, GOLD died maybe it is about time you got over it.

DeletedUser

Farewell No Noobery, haven't really talked to you much since I don't play this world due to moderation, but it's always sad to see a player leave.

From an unbiased point of view, I quite enjoyed the post and rep'd it due to the fact it was well written, and gave a decent perspective of a players' view on the world and his time in it. Also, after re-reading it due to the comments being made, I in no way thought it was in any way a cheapshot or hate against ALL of gold, just a select few and at points maybe a little more than a few. I understand players are defending (albeit a non-existent tribe) that they were in, but I would like to recommend players actually read the post for what it is and not just see highlighted words and flipping a lid. Again, excellent well written post No Noobery, and farewell!!

DeletedUser8897

all hail jp68plus1... we can only aspire to post in such a smexy fashion :)

DeletedUser8772

I went three days of non-stop attacks from RK with zero support from Gold. 1100 villages against my 100 were not good odds. I honestly felt the support would be there for me. I never counted on such slow support and to a large degree…minimal support. I had exhausted most of my defense. I did get some defense to roll in however it was less than stellar. I don’t want to revisit that whole subject. It was addressed for months on the externals. Suffice it to say, I was not the only Gold member to raise this concern. RK was not sending many fakes, they were mostly all Nukes and Nobles. I was at a point where 35 villages were in immediate danger of being nobled. If my friends in RK had joined in…that would have been the end of the No Noobery account right then. My friends from past worlds that were in RK asked me to open some dialogue instead of our account being ruined, so I did. It was not like the cavalry was coming in and I was surrounded on three sides by RK. Hell, I got three defensive villages from Minecrawler when I asked for immediate support. He was kind enough to send from 24 hours away instead of 2 hours away. This made us suspect him as an RK spy. Come to find out, it was just him being him.

I have never seen so much BS in my days of TW. If i could be bothered going back through old posts, i had clearly supported this fool on several occasions. This world and hopefully this forum will be better without you no noobery. Attention seeking at your age. Sigh.

Long live gold!

DeletedUser8782

In all honesty it would be easy enough to survive, So you say most where Nukes and hardly any Fakes, makes it a lot easier on your part, their is a forced gap of 100ms per noble meaning you will get at the fastest 400ms trains, why didnt you snipe and dodge nukes, come on how hard is that to think of, while you where offline set a sitter, their was plenty of americans in GOLD who are very active and most likely willing to sit you, your old duke being one of them, If GOLD had communication it would have won the world easy

DeletedUser

In all honesty it would be easy enough to survive, So you say most where Nukes and hardly any Fakes, makes it a lot easier on your part, their is a forced gap of 100ms per noble meaning you will get at the fastest 400ms trains, why didnt you snipe and dodge nukes, come on how hard is that to think of, while you where offline set a sitter, their was plenty of americans in GOLD who are very active and most likely willing to sit you, your old duke being one of them, If GOLD had communication it would have won the world easy

Oh he did dodge and he did snipe every train we sent (He got the 100 nobles killed award in the 1st day). Every dodge he lost a farm level however, and every snipe he had to use enough troops to kill nobles with a split nuke. Noobery is American btw and did have a EU time based co-player, the account was covered 24/7 nearly.

Oh and its 300 ms not 400 ms trains with the enforced gaps on a typical 4 noble train... :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser8782

Oh he did dodge and he did snipe every train we sent (He got the 100 nobles killed award in the 1st day). Every dodge he lost a farm level however, and every snipe he had to use enough troops to kill nobles with a split nuke. Noobery is American btw and did have a EU time based co-player, the account was covered 24/7 nearly.

Oh and its 300 ms not 400 ms trains with the enforced gaps on a typical 4 noble train... :icon_rolleyes:

I was on about the mallard person, unless he was NN's Co, and yes 300ms sorry that was my bad, but still 300ms is easy to snipe

DeletedUser8468

I was on about the mallard person, unless he was NN's Co, and yes 300ms sorry that was my bad, but still 300ms is easy to snipe

I think Mallard was quoting NN original post...bit confusing, I read it as his own until "the penney dropped" for me.

DeletedUser8782

:icon_redface:
Yep just realized my bad again, why didn't he quote it the.......

Ok retract everything ive said :lol:

DeletedUser

Goodluck man, pity to see another good player leave UK6,

:icon_idea: I suggest they close the world now. The gulf is too large for new players to start and catch up on the Top 20 and it seems bigger players are getting bored and leaving. :icon_sad: