NOBLEMAN

DeletedUser

THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A NOBLEMAN IS 40000 TIMBER 50000 CLAY AND 50000 IRON.LEVEL 30 WAREHOUSE STORES 40000 , SO HOW DO I BUILD NOBLEMAN.

DeletedUser920

Is there any advantage to having more than one academy ?

Or do the coins count the same across all villages ?

Later on in the game would you have academies spread out so you can get the resources to them to mint the coins ??

Do the coins in one village count towards a noble being trained elsewhere ???

It's something where I may be trying to make things more complicated than they are, but don't want to have to build another academy to find out, or build them and make coins and not be able to use them.

DeletedUser2118

Is there any advantage to having more than one academy ?

You can only produce nobles from a village with an academy. So you'll want them where you'll want nobles, also easier to have academies in built villages to store resources rather then ship resources around constantly

Or do the coins count the same across all villages ?
they do

Later on in the game would you have academies spread out so you can get the resources to them to mint the coins ??

Yes, you can self lower points a bit by using a higher market instead of an academy, but I dislike an indication of a difference between villages. So really I'd have an academy in most villages

Do the coins in one village count towards a noble being trained elsewhere ???
amount stored give an upper limit for total amount of noblemen+villages you can have, so yes

It's something where I may be trying to make things more complicated than they are, but don't want to have to build another academy to find out, or build them and make coins and not be able to use them.

Answers in bold

DeletedUser920

Thanks for that answer, Elegant, but one bit I didn't understand:

You can only produce nobles from a village with an academy. So you'll want them where you'll want nobles, also easier to have academies in built villages to store resources rather then ship resources around constantly

As this is a 'gold coin' world, is it possible to save resources other than by buying the coins? This is my first TW, so don't know how it works on other worlds.

DeletedUser

You have to have the correct amount of coins in order to produce a noble man

DeletedUser920

Yeah, minifreak, I got that part of it, but some peole are talking about saving money in packets in the Academy.

easier to have academies in built villages to store resources rather then ship resources around constantly

I'm presuming that in this gold coin world, that it means you can save resources in different places to get the gold coins in different villages, but that there is no way of cashing them in, or sending them to other places other than by getting nobles.

DeletedUser

I LOVE POSTING IN CAPS TOO. MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET SOME GLASSES OR SOMETHING. ALSO, READ THE HELP PAGES FOR HELP.

DeletedUser2118

In my experience things make a lot more sense once you get an academy, if you don't have one yet I'd wait till then, before asking more about the mechanics.

DeletedUser920

Err - I have had two nobles, but now I have three villages instead. My next noble will be primarily to help other tribe members take their second village, while I consolidate the ones I have, building defence for the tribe and nukes too.

I'm thinking about my strategies, but don't need the villages to become high points if they only need to support farms, stables and barracks. I'm wondering about the advantages of having an academy in the offensive village.
I suppose if we expanded into a new area, an academy would be essential then, but right now I'm just feeling my way, while giving advice to others with even less experience.

I suppose the summary is that if you have more academies, there are more places to send the resources to buy coins. You can't pool resources between villages (without using merchants), but you can pool coins, then decide which village to train the noble in.

I wanted to clarify that if I have two academies when I want to get my fourth noble, and buy two gold coins in each, that they will all count towards the four point total and I can choose which village to train him in, rather than find I'm half way to two nobles in two different villages.

Does that make more sense ?

DeletedUser2118

Right, it's a total for all villages. There is only one coin count, all academies a player owns are connected in that way. In fact even if you lose all your academies as long as you retain one village the coin total will be unaffected.

As far as villages go, as time goes on they will get big, it happens. I've known players who keep them to around 4k until they have 20+ villages, but the more villages, the more annoying it will be to keep shipping resources around. But as long as you're willing to put in the effort only having academies where you want nobles works.

DeletedUser920

Thanks for that - even with three villages the merchant thing is irritating, so I guess I'll be building more, even if not in every village.

On with the raiding....

DeletedUser

its KILLIE PIE not killie pie orangeeyes , and why not worry about me.

DeletedUser

oh apologies for not using caps lock :icon_rolleyes:

IS THIS ANY BETTER?