Offense and Defence

DeletedUser

So i wrote something up quickly for the tribe am currently in.

Just wanted to get a gauge on what other peoples opinions are of it?
Don't particularly want to be feeding them things that are useless or wrong. Bear in mind am also a noob XD

No i won't tell you what the best builds are for either, because it's completly circumstantial , by that I mean these things should be tailored to suit your needs for your account and its area. I will give you my own personal builds, but won't demand you use them.

Offense-

Offense troops are obviously used for attacking, the main types of troops to use for this are Axe, Light Cavelry, Mounted Archers, Rams and Catapults.
Scouts can also come under this as its a good idea to have at least some in every village(personally I have around 3-400 at max farm in each). In some cases Heavy cavalry is used (a HC Nuke) however if you are a new or less experienced player I would not advise it and stick to the basic's.

Nukes- Come in all different shapes and forms, and this is where the circumstantial part comes in, theres HC nukes( HC and axe/ram combination) LC nukes (LC and ram combination or just LC) Cat nukes( mostly used for sending cat trains, 4 or more attacks sent in quick succession consisting of anywhere between 50-200 in each and all aimed at different buildings to take down a players village) or just your plain old nuke consisting of axe, lc, ma, ram/cats.

For now we will just go into the 'normal nuke' as it's the most commonly used.

My own personal build for this is-

6200 Axemen
50-100 Scouts
3000 Light cavalry
250-350 Mounted Archers
213 Rams
10-20 Cats

The reason I use this build is mostly for its speed, it can be built alot quicker than other nukes that are more axe heavy for example. And as we should all know that O builds faster than D it gives it a higher hit rate on those players villages that are defensive.

Here it is in action (You may notice this was the D build of a previous Hints and Tips forum post)
28vvgcw.png

As you can see plenty of Light Cavalry left over to start farming again for your rebuild. Now as I said, that is my personal build, you may follow it if it suits you, or you may choose different but please always take into account your surroundings when deciding on the best build for you. If the players around you don't build archers then theres no need for Mounted Archers in your nuke, If they build a shed load of spears for there defense then build it axe heavy and less LC e.t.c

Defense

Defense troops, the clue is in the name! The main types of troops used for this are Spears, Swords, Archers, Scouts, Heavy cavalry....on some worlds with the new paladin weapons Cat's can be favorable in defense as the bonfire weapon really is a bugger to kill with alot of cats in a village. But this world uses old paladin weapons so we won't go into that. They key with defense is to maximize damage of your attacker, defenders have a huge advantage over the attacker as they can stack their troops, whereas the attacker cannot stack his troops to attack(best they could do is time one after the other).

My own personal build for this is

4000 spears
4000 Archers(only on archer worlds, can replace with swords or more HC)
2000 Heavy Cavalry

I use this as it can be moved around very quickly for stacking purposes, compared to one that also includes swords. In later game I can sometimes be found to build a full HC or HC/Spear village, for sniping and fast support purposes.

Here it is in action against(quite worryingly) a common nuke.
242v3ar.png

A few of those troop builds stacked together(with paladin weapons, HC I would use in this instance) can be devastating to the attacker.
Not to forget we do have some smaller members in the tribe, where Militia(those pitchfork dudes) can come in handy, use them!

So already stated, these builds are my own personal ones that I use, play around with the troop simulator. Get a gauge on your opponent, use things like reports of them attacking, defending against a tribe member or friend to your advantage and build what's best to kill what he/she has!

Also make use of your paladin and his weapons, they can make a difference! I love having the LC or Axe weapon for my nukes! And for Defense I like to have the HC or Spear weapon!

Link to Paladin weapons and what they add- Click me

DeletedUser5175

You need to rethink the "standard nuke" you tested your defense against, it's missing a lot of population space.

Also when you simmed all the nukes you forgot to add the wall for the defender.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You've made your print-screens very biased :icon_confused:

When you have shown an attacking nuke you've used; 20.695 population space, however for the defender you have only used up 18.100 population space. You could easily add on another 1000 spears, 1000 archers and 100 HC which would prove to be a lot stronger defence.

Then when you have tried to show the strength of your defensive build, you used, 20.000 population but only 17.810 population for offence. You could easily add another 2000 axemen and 39more MA.

Make your tests fair, on top of that, don't forget the level 20 wall that most people will have had built.

DeletedUser

Cheers guys tottaly forgot about the wall.

Yeah the 'nuke used against the defence' was the defence posted in another guide on the forum (now deleted, used the same screen to show him how it wasnt right)

So average defence for a world like world 10 would be nice to use that as a screen ? (Ska....youv probably nuked a few)

DeletedUser5175

It's not good reading mostly :D

A lot of players still haven't maxed their farms so it's hard to say an average defense.

DeletedUser

It's not good reading mostly :D

A lot of players still haven't maxed their farms so it's hard to say an average defense.

Then make up one...jeeze!

Gimme some reports or something of a couple of clearences.

DeletedUser

The best standard build for quick moving and quick building Defence is 4k spear 4k archers and 2k HC make up the difference in farm space with spears archers or scouts. Its mobile and quick building. For my Nukes i run 6066 Axe, 3300lc and 250 rams, again farm is made up of scouts or 6 cats to take out rally point. Those are my standard builds and for the MA fans out there run those builds and alter it to add MA if you like but trust me you kill less troops overall in the defending village. I also run a second nuke which is 7k Axe 2200LC 250 MA and 300 ram 200 cats, its built purely for sending at dodgers and takes the wall down on a 3D village 3 further levels, it does kill less troops but the main nuke build will then clear with two more nukes, it would take 2 and a half nukes to clear with the added wall levels.
I find when running the sim its best to run it at lowest luck and with 3d in the defending village, it gives a far better reading of what will happen in game.

DeletedUser

Can this be deleted please.....I just don't have the knowledge or ability to come up with any O/D guide. Quit while am ahead lol

DeletedUser5582

Can this be deleted please.....I just don't have the knowledge or ability to come up with any O/D guide. Quit while am ahead lol

would be a shame to delete as has started a chat which would inform others? Can you not amend your guide and perfect it as you go along? Put in an example of a L20 wall and see how those nukes builds get on with killing def and removing the wall?

The ingame recruiter will easily solve your pop space calculations. Then maybe compare the "Jonno" speedy def build with a slower building one (which might do better) and compare against the nukes v time to be rebuilt.

Am sure The Meechan Guide Version 2 will be talked about for years to come?! Let me know

DeletedUser

Am sure The Meechan Guide Version 2 will be talked about for years to come?! Let me know

Laughed at you mean lol?

Nah I know my limits, and writing any sort of guides is way beyond them.

DeletedUser5175

If your newbs follow your guide they will do a lot better than most new starters, at least they can see a proper nuke.

I remember the first nuke someone ever sent at me . . . at the time I didn't even know you could have so many troops!

EDIT:

I'm actually waiting on nobles to land and the forums are dead - I'll see what I can rustle up to help you edit if you want to co-author?

DeletedUser

The build i use is by far the fastest and most mobile. There are stronger builds out there, however they take in the region of 14 days longer to build!

DeletedUser

Laughed at you mean lol?

Nah I know my limits, and writing any sort of guides is way beyond them.

I actually thought this was a pretty decent read. To the point and a little informative. Its a great guide for beginners to get an idea of what to expect with the intricacies of TW play, without going so overboard as to confuse them and push them away. Some things could be amended to make it more correct, but as is, its not to shabby.

DeletedUser282

On non-archer worlds, replacing the archers with swords or HC seems slightly unbalanced to me, wouldn't spears make more sense?
Also, walls can be helpful.
Also, for fair testing nukes and def should probably all have the same population space. And defence's shouldn't have 2k scouts.
Other than that it seems ok.

DeletedUser

I Like the guide as it is but a lot of this type of guide I see are written much the same - build 6875 axe, 2202 LC ..... blah blah blah. Winning is not like that when you are looking at close run battles with limited resources and you need to rely on the use of strategy and guile.

Standard builds / quick builds etc are fine for bludgeoning and bullying and lets face it that works too but for a guide for the little guy starting out the best piece of advice i can give is build enough scouts. For both offence and defence you need them and the more you can see and the more you can hide by having enough scouts, the better you will do. Use them to know what you face and then when you know that, you can work out how to steal their villages.

There should be special awards for killing troops by taking their home village through cunning and misdirection. No losses plus village plus D killed but no points! bah.

DeletedUser

At start up I do not often even bother scouting a village before nobling it just tips them off. If the player has built loads of scouts it means less of a loss for me :)

DeletedUser

That's what I think. Send spearmen and axes together because axes forget to defend themselves. Spearman just stand behing the axemen so like when somelike comes to kill the axe men, they walk into the spear and then they die. All my nukes are like that.

So are my defense. Works the same way. Axes kill loads of units and thats what you want from a defense isn't it?!

Always send scouts with your nobles because your nobles need spies.