OOPS I have made Thargoran Jealous!!!

DeletedUser6695

Tracey has pretty bad upload for a 50mb connection although i hear their fixing that

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Tracey has pretty bad upload for a 50mb connection although i hear their fixing that

1.58 is still pretty good though. Best internet available here is sadly 20 mbps down, and 4 mbps, and best my provider has is 15 mb down and 2 mb up.

DeletedUser6695

Tbh I live in Ireland and the highest i can get is 30mb download and i think 5mb upload, but I know people in england with 10-15mb upload(really only needed for online gaming)

DeletedUser

I don't even know how thats possible my internet sucks and I`m meant to have a max of 20 mb :S

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Tbh I live in Ireland and the highest i can get is 30mb download and i think 5mb upload, but I know people in england with 10-15mb upload(really only needed for online gaming)

Mmm, 10-15 mb upload is totally 'not' needed for online gaming. You'd never tell the difference from 15 mb up and 1 mb up. the only real use for it is uploading either large files or large numbers of files at once to servers via ftp or other similar actions.

DeletedUser6695

1mb is recommended for most online gaming but believe me if you play gears of war 2 you would notice the difference in upload speeds as it is reliant on a host

DeletedUser

1mb is recommended for most online gaming but believe me if you play gears of war 2 you would notice the difference in upload speeds as it is reliant on a host

I doubt that, ping and as Nauz mentioned earlier, packet loss and jitter is most important. You may not have a super perfect connection, but if you got a 1mb connection with 20ms ping and no jitter or such, you're fine.

DeletedUser4

I doubt that, ping and as Nauz mentioned earlier, packet loss and jitter is most important. You may not have a super perfect connection, but if you got a 1mb connection with 20ms ping and no jitter or such, you're fine.

24689825.png

[tt]Like that you mean?[/tt]

DeletedUser

Well, at least my line quality can be decent, and this is with Transformice, TW and Youtube running at the same time. Must be a good day for my internets.

Shame about my d/l and u/l speed though.

DeletedUser6695

thats partially correct but 1mb and 10mb differ greatly when it comes to movement speed and bullet lag

DeletedUser

Same :( Highest we can get is 4mb even tho BT just installed a new thingie 1/4 mile down the road :(

DeletedUser

... So is 99% of the europe really too poor to afford internet that doesn't run at 3rd world speeds? :lol:

Then again, I guess it makes sense.

DeletedUser6695

well if you lived in the Netherlands you could get 80mbs :O

Nauzhror

Reaction score
... So is 99% of the europe really too poor to afford internet that doesn't run at 3rd world speeds? :lol:

Then again, I guess it makes sense.

Most of Europe is faster than US, not slower. Reduaram is from New Zealand, Sparks is from Australia. So, err, no.