Player restart positions

DeletedUser1189

I just rimmed someone today. Well though I had. They have restarted the game approximetly 5 squares away from one of my villages, which is no where near the outer rim.

So, a few questions.

Why is this, why did they not start on the outer point of the rim?

I cannot attack them becasue they are in beginner protection, but can they attack me?

I hadnt considered this an issue but the 20:1 rule stops me attacking a player, will it stop that player attacking me?

DeletedUser2118

I'd assume that the option to start in the center of their tribe when rimmed is enabled.

Yes they can attack you, but it wouldn't do much would it?

The 20:1 rule is only for the first 60 days...not sure if that's from the world start or the player start. I don't think being rimmed would restart that counter.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I'd assume that the option to start in the center of their tribe when rimmed is enabled.

Yes they can attack you, but it wouldn't do much would it?

The 20:1 rule is only for the first 60 days...not sure if that's from the world start or the player start. I don't think being rimmed would restart that counter.

The 20:1 rule would stop them from attacking him as well. BP though would not.

DeletedUser1189

Okay, so now a second one has restarted on top of me. Messaged me saying that all his tribe who I'm warring with will be restarting in the same place so I will have 'lots of company'. How is this system fair? Im working hard warring and trying to hold my area and the system is restarting people who have a vendetta against me, right on top of me, protected by loads of rules and the fact that moral is going to be a killer. Just why?

DeletedUser2118

Okay, so now a second one has restarted on top of me. Messaged me saying that all his tribe who I'm warring with will be restarting in the same place so I will have 'lots of company'. How is this system fair? Im working hard warring and trying to hold my area and the system is restarting people who have a vendetta against me, right on top of me, protected by loads of rules and the fact that moral is going to be a killer. Just why?

The idea of the system was so that people wouldn't be isolated away from their tribes because they were rimmed. Though I do agree the system should only allow this for tribes that securely hold an area.

DeletedUser1189

I think this picture sums it up nicely. Three of them people I personally took out. Well, I didnt take out, as there right on top of me building up by the day and there not going to like me are they?

restart.jpg

DeletedUser2118

heh, I always kind of wondered what would happen with an extremely small clustered tribe.

DeletedUser

Well you are about 30x bigger than them, I don't see how it's that big a problem :lol:

DeletedUser

You can only choose to start in the center of your tribe when you get 'rimmed' (should be changed to 'centered'), not when you start over.

DeletedUser920

Does the 60 day 20:1 limit start from when you first started or when you restarted then ?

DeletedUser

Does the 60 day 20:1 limit start from when you first started or when you restarted then ?

That points ratio limit only stands for the defending player's first 60 days in the world. It does not reset for you if you restart outside your first 60 days. Under this rule, for your first 60 days in a world players with more than 20x your points cannot attack you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser920

Sounds like if you restart in the middle of a failing tribe, you'll just be a farm for the people that were beating you then...

I guess you'll get the 2-5 days beginner protection or you'd have no chance at all, or would you rely on support from tribe members ?

DeletedUser

When you restart you dont get beginner protection again, so you would be relying on tribemates to help you defend yourself while you rebuild. Dont forget that morale will help you fend off bigger players.

DeletedUser1274

When you restart you dont get beginner protection again, so you would be relying on tribemates to help you defend yourself while you rebuild. Dont forget that morale will help you fend off bigger players.

Yes the morale would, but also the ratio would stop the big nasty players from attacking you aswell.

DeletedUser920

Sorry - took me a while to find the village.

This person was nobled and started again in the same area and still has beginner protection, although they have been playing a couple of months:

This target is still under beginner protection. You will be able to attack today at 21:44.

That would be about the same 5 days as when we first started.

DeletedUser

Oh, I guess you do get new BP when you restart then. My bad, I was wrong.

DeletedUser920

I have to agree with the OP - it does seem rather unfair.

Maybe it will be looked at again if it is a new idea and skews the game too much.