Poll Regarding Church

DeletedUser6490

I am aware it is too late to change W4's settings. I also am aware that neither Tracey or Thargoran decided W4's settings.

All I am asking is if it possible to have a poll asking whether we like the church setting and whether the results of said poll can be sent to someone at Innogames so they an be aware to how much we all abhor the setting.

DeletedUser

[th]As already guessed, we don't have any influence on the settings for the next (Version 6) world. But that's not limited to .co.uk only.

Anyways, we could make a poll about "most wanted" features for a world, not only the church. And surely we will consider the results when we request a new world's settings (without being able to promise anything getting approved by Inno). Yet most of our suggestions got approved in the past, when we sent them to Inno.[/th]

DeletedUser6490

[th]As already guessed, we don't have any influence on the settings for the next (Version 6) world. But that's not limited to .co.uk only.[/th]

Aye, was aware of this. Was not at all trying to give you or Tracey flack for W4's settings, was more just looking for some way to be able to let Innogames understand just how much the church setting is disliked.

DeletedUser2550

I'm not too fussed about it being a church world having the church is just another challenge really!
Too excited about W4 to care that it is churched!!! :)

DeletedUser

Aye, was aware of this. Was not at all trying to give you or Tracey flack for W4's settings, was more just looking for some way to be able to let Innogames understand just how much the church setting is disliked.

[th]The main problem with the whole issue: The majority/opinion of the forum active people != the ingame majority/opinion. The numbers of paying customers are more relevant to Innogames than the public opinion of "some people in the forums". And the numbers of paying customers in worlds with or without church can be seen and compared by Inno without any kind of public voting.[/th]

DeletedUser

[th]The main problem with the whole issue: The majority/opinion of the forum active people != the ingame majority/opinion. The numbers of paying customers are more relevant to Innogames than the public opinion of "some people in the forums". And the numbers of paying customers in worlds with or without church can be seen and compared by Inno without any kind of public voting.[/th]

Then the better way of showing them how much we hate the setting would be to simply boycott church worlds?

DeletedUser

Then the better way of showing them how much we hate the setting would be to simply boycott church worlds?

[th]Only in theory. 1,000 "professionals/leet players" avoiding such worlds vs. 20,000 newbies joining due to the amount of "features" won't help much. :icon_wink:

That's why Tracey and I are trying to throw in some worlds with decent settings every once in a while. The "old players" are sometimes forgotten by Inno's defaults. [/th]

DeletedUser

[th]Only in theory. 1,000 "professionals/leet players" avoiding such worlds vs. 20,000 newbies joining due to the amount of "features" won't help much. :icon_wink:

That's why Tracey and I are trying to throw in some worlds with decent settings every once in a while. The "old players" are sometimes forgotten by Inno's defaults. [/th]

Then how would "Scorching" Church worlds serve to further the anti-church movement? It's not really only old players, but in the absence of any other setting, old players are the only ones who actually feel they have a choice in the matter. Most of the time people play a church world because Inno doesn't provide any other options.

Churches slow down the progression of worlds so much, and encourage players to just sit back and do nothing but cluster and noble barbs and closer villages as opposed to fighting other players for them... I can see from a business point of view how this is a good thing (longer worlds = more premium = more money), but at a certain point it gets kind of silly that almost 50% of worlds are church worlds, and those that aren't often times have poor setting anyway. Personally I've had the most fun on the worlds Innogames experimented with and just dumped (World 25, 36, uk3). No morale is a great thing, especially for encouraging the game to actually be played the way it's marketed (Tribal Wars). Errr, if you need help arguing in our favor that is... :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

All I hope is that the "summer world" be on the worlds you get to throw things in. But yeah Tharg, polls would be nice. Would like to see more of them in the future.

Also, although the forum user do not equal players who just join the world, if the majority of forum users dislike church worlds you could pretty much say those who just play the game are represented by that majority. Kinda like research surveys, it may be sketched but it does represent a good bit.

DeletedUser3125

A bit off topic but w39 had perfect settings for an old schooler (i mean the half prices nobles packages, 15 tech).
No morale is a good setting but .co.uk is too young for it, church is just plain awful.

DeletedUser

A bit off topic but w39 had perfect settings for an old schooler (i mean the half prices nobles packages, 15 tech).
No morale is a good setting but .co.uk is too young for it, church is just plain awful.

UK 3 had no morale, and it is nearly identical to World 36's settings. Two of the best world settings I've personally ever seen.

If you're looking for a way to get a more accurate sampling, why not create an in-game poll to see what player's opinions are. In-game polls have been done before, why not on something like this? If it turns out most of the people playing on church worlds actually hate them, but have no other options, could it not go a long way in favor of reducing the church worlds churning out of the mixer?

Maybe even use an in-game poll to get player's ideas for future settings in general. Of course not everyone will respond, but a lot more do when they're notified of it in-game as opposed to an easily overlooked thread in the forums.

DeletedUser

Thanks Tracey. :) I am in the minority for most of the polls, but atleast the Church one is a fairly positive sign thus far.