Post count

DeletedUser14

but your still miles ahead :lol: oh well doesnt really bother me who has highest, as long as im up there somewhere :icon_wink: jkz

but seriously, its about the quality of posts not the amount of posts.
Then why are you making posts in every thread in the questions forum with useless posts?
I think that is exactly what you would call post whoring.

DeletedUser

Then why are you making posts in every thread in the questions forum with useless posts?
I think that is exactly what you would call post whoring.

many are not useless, they are there to help people. :icon_cool:. anyway, i class your last post a so called "post whoring" as there is really no point of it apart from pointing out post whoring by in fact post whoring yourself.

DeletedUser

I think post count should count posts everywhere. Not that I think post count matters much, but since it's here it may as well work properly. What's the point of a post count if it doesn't say how many posts you have?

DeletedUser

yeh, but spam in the off topic isnt really a real post is it...anyone can write a 1 word post to get their post count up.

DeletedUser14

many are not useless, they are there to help people. :icon_cool:. anyway, i class your last post a so called "post whoring" as there is really no point of it apart from pointing out post whoring by in fact post whoring yourself.
Yes you are right, the only point of that post was to point out that you were infact post whoring, but if you look i dont have that many posts around that were useless(except for the first few days) and the reason i made the post is because i find it very annoying when people go through every thread and reply to all of them just to get up their post count.

DeletedUser

yeh, but spam in the off topic isnt really a real post is it...anyone can write a 1 word post to get their post count up.
Of course it is, and you can post the same length post of the same quality anywhere on the boards (so long as it meets the minimum characters...)
Why should a rubbish post on one part of the boards be worth less than an equally rubbish post on another? Same goes for good posts, mediocre, and any other quality you can think of.

If something meant to show the amount of posts you have doesn't show the amount of posts you have, then it's useless by its own definition.

DeletedUser

The reason being OT would get spammed to pieces just to get post count up.

DeletedUser

Of course it is, and you can post the same length post of the same quality anywhere on the boards (so long as it meets the minimum characters...)
Why should a rubbish post on one part of the boards be worth less than an equally rubbish post on another? Same goes for good posts, mediocre, and any other quality you can think of.

If something meant to show the amount of posts you have doesn't show the amount of posts you have, then it's useless by its own definition.

This is one of the best posts I've seen regarding post count, I agree completely.

Post count in off-topic does seem to make people post more uselessly there, but at the same time, it has the same affect towards the PnP sections when it is inactive in OT. I'd personally prefer the OT section to be flooded, rather than the other way around.

Hell, it would be even nicer to remove post count completely. But, I suppose you could then argue that we should also remove avatars, sigs and names, along with illegalising any displays of personality.