Propaganda Contest!

DeletedUser2765

That's not what I mean.

Imagine the following:

Player 1 - belongs to tribe A that has 50 registered users in the forum.
Player 2 - belongs to tribe B that has 30 registered users in the forum.
Player 3 - belongs to tribe C that has 10 registered users in the forum.

Player 1 logs on skype and tells his 50 friends that are registered in the forum to vote for him. Obviously since he has far more friends he will win. At least this is what I predict. If there was an impartial and independent panel we would have no problems with this kind of things, at least it wouldn't be about a popularity contest but about really good propaganda.

I hope I made myself clear this time :icon_razz:

[ke]/sigh, I already thought about all of this - and had planned against it.

And it doesn't matter, I decided to go with the mod idea anyway.[/ke]

[ke]I would also like to add that you have to make it a new piece, it can't be something you dig up from the past... I'm sure a lot of us have all made some of those epic pieces, but thats not the point of this competition... It's supposed to make you create a new piece of art.[/ke]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've given some thought to it and as I see it, this will only work if there is and independent and impartial panel, otherwise there will always be bias and people will vote for their friends.

Others like you will vote on themselves :icon_razz:

Nah, i wouldn't vote for myself, i'm good
emoticon-0131-angel.gif

Will mail you tomorrow Krieg... need to write something up :\

Also, can we enter all 3 worlds or only one? :D

DeletedUser

Nah, i wouldn't vote for myself, i'm good
emoticon-0131-angel.gif

Will mail you tomorrow Krieg... need to write something up :\

Also, can we enter all 3 worlds or only one? :D

Nice.

I'll probably give it a try, I've got nothing to lose :icon_wink:

By the way, good question. That way you could do 3 different pieces of propaganda and be able to win 30 PP's :)

DeletedUser4960

Propaganda is a popularity contest though... :icon_neutral:

Now I can finally pinpoint the reason of why in most cases PnP's don't turn me on, popularity contest never do. And here I was thinking Propaganda is for fun :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

I want to do one :D
Someone let me borrow an account for a day or two :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

So when does the contest end? Btw i really hope you take my entry serius

DeletedUser

When should we expect the final 5 polls? And will you show us entries that didn't make your top 5 as well? (Obviously not to be voted for, but just so we can see what all was entered?)

DeletedUser2765

[ke]There aren't even 5 pieces worth showing. :\

I'm going to extend the contest another week, hopefully to draw in better pieces. If it remains such as it is, then all worlds will be brought into 1 contest...[/ke]

DeletedUser

I'm going to extend the contest another week, hopefully to draw in better pieces. If it remains such as it is, then all worlds will be brought into 1 contest...[/ke]

Out of curiousity, how many pieces worth showing are there?

DeletedUser

This will definitely give me the time I needed to finish what I started

:)

DeletedUser

[ke]Well hopefully it'll be good then. :p[/ke]

Of course it will.

Joking, hehe, you'll have to judge it. It took me a lot more time than I thought it would so I didn't enter my Propaganda also because it wasn't finished.

DeletedUser

lol I think I know what this is meant to be from the German servers... they are full of this stuff...

DeletedUser2765

[ke]Really? I've seen the German forums before, they have very few threads/posts in their world sections. :s

But go for it, make sure its appropriate though. :)[/ke]

DeletedUser

Well, there IS a 3 picture limit to the contest (per player). So that would make it hard(er) to accomplish a good form of propaganda (since it's a form of confusion and brainwashing..).

I'm really interested in what has been sent.