Quest?

DeletedUser

whats the best way to start a world keeping in mind quest is active?

DeletedUser5582

whats the best way to start a world keeping in mind quest is active?

well you could get in character and don a cape when starting out on the quest?

The Quest shouldn't interfere with your start up strategy too much (it did on UK11 but that was low hauls so it did encourage folk to go and build LC when this probably wasn't the best move)

Like anything even if the Quest (ok maybe a mask too?) says Now Form a Tribe you don't actually need to run off and do this? To finish the Quest (um you could have an annoying catchphrase when you click the Ok button?!) you need to noble someone and so finish it. However, you shouldn't blindly follow its instructions and remember that it is designed to help newer players find their feet.

Nor do you need to dress up as an avenging pumpkin to play TW but would be fun...!

DeletedUser

If I've completed quests but choose to restart, do I get to go through the quests again?

DeletedUser4083

I don't believe so no, but as I haven't had to restart on a world that has had the quest system active I wouldn't know. I'm sure there are others out there that can tell you better than me :)

DeletedUser

Yeah you do, I just restarted on w64 to see and yeah the first quest was there

Nauzhror

Reaction score
For what it's worth the quests do have a relatively large impact on startup.

The best starting build order is now a lot more cemented in stone than it used to be due to the new quests:

Classic World:

Clay 1
Wood 1 * Completes a quest
Iron 1
HQ 2
HQ 3
Barracks 1 * Completes a quest
*Start farming
Clay 2
Clay 3
Wood 2
Wood 3
Wood 4 * Completes a quest
Warehouse 2
Warehouse 3 * Completes a quest
Wall 1 * Completes a quest

Paladin worlds:

Iron 1
Clay 1
Wood 1 * Completes a quest
Statue * Completes a quest
*research paladin
HQ 2
HQ 3
Barracks 1 * Completes a quest
*Start farming
Clay 2
Clay 3
Wood 2
Wood 3
Wood 4 * Completes a quest
Warehouse 2
Warehouse 3 * Completes a quest
Wall 1 * Completes a quest

That's where it now begins to branch, some people are better off making more troops to farm with at that stage, others are better off aiming for 9/8/6 mines for the next quest and then going into heavy troop production.

DeletedUser

Nauz does it a little differently than I. I reach rax a tad later, though his does seem better overall.