Question about OD Points

• Thread starter DeletedUser3484
  • Start date

DeletedUser3484

Have seen it on previous worlds but cannot find it now.

Can anyone tell me how many points you get for attacking and defending in terms of OD?

Example = If I attack and kill 500 spears how many points would I get?

I know you get more if attacking and killing defensive units and same id defending against attacking units.

Thanks.

DeletedUser

[clt]OD scores for attacker (ODA) = For the troops that you killed at enemy towns
Spear 4
Sword 5
Axe 1
Scout 1
Light cavalry 5
Heavy cavalry 23
Ram 4
Catapult 12
Nobleman 200

OD scores for defender (ODD) = For the troops that you killed while defending
Spear 1
Sword 2
Axe 4
Scout 2
Light cavalry 13
Heavy cavalry 15
Ram 8
Catapult 10
Nobleman 200[/clt]

DeletedUser3484

Fantastic stuff. Nice to see you again Cat Like Thief I was in one of your tribes on a previous world :)

DeletedUser

Archers (i think) are
As Attacker - 4
As Defender - 1

DeletedUser

Why is it measured this way? Surely farm slots would be both easier and more informative.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Why is it measured this way? Surely farm slots would be both easier and more informative.

Defensive troops are harder to kill when you are the attacker than when you are the defender, thus they give more ODA when you attack and kill them than they give ODD when they attack you and you kill them. Reverse is true for offensive units.

DeletedUser

I understand how the measurement works, but it seems like a strange thing to record. I'll try to explain...

The current way measures the defensive power that the player has destroyed in attack (ODA) and the offensive power that the player has destroyed in defence (ODD). I don't think this is nearly as useful as troops (farm slots) that the player has killed in attack and troops that the player has killed in defence.

Why should an attacking player score more for clearing a defence army than clearing an enemy nuke?
Why should the stacking against a nuke score more than hitting it at its base?

The current system is trying to record something about both the player and his many opponents at the same time.

If high ODA/ODD ranks have any value, the current system rewards inefficiency, as you score higher for losing more troops yourself.

The simple farm system is much easier for the player to conceptualise.
clearing 50 villages = ODA: 1M
destroying 50 incoming nukes = ODD: 1M
killing 100 villages worth of troops = ODT: 2M

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Unless I have not noticed it the current system also takes no account of troops killed when out of the village (ie supporting elsewhere or in transit) through nobling. This is the cleanest kill possible yet no points are given for it?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Unless I have not noticed it the current system also takes no account of troops killed when out of the village (ie supporting elsewhere or in transit) through nobling. This is the cleanest kill possible yet no points are given for it?

No, no ODA is achieved by nobling someone who has troops outside their villages.
same way as no ODD is obtained by anyone when killing troops in a barb (even if they were sent to it as support and weren't the previous owners leftover troops).

DeletedUser

Do you have any comment on my previous post, Nauzhror? I'd be interested to hear your take on it.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Do you have any comment on my previous post, Nauzhror? I'd be interested to hear your take on it.

It used to be the way you're requesting. They changed it to its current setup. I would imagine it was done to make it so OD was a more accurate indicator of how troops died. Defendinga spear nuke isn't really much of an achievement, whereas defending and killing an actual nuke is much of one.

DeletedUser

what happens if someone supports me and I attack my own village to kill their troops - do i get ODA and ODD?

DeletedUser

It would be nice if troops lost in attack / defence was also measured.

DeletedUser

It would be nice if troops lost in attack / defence was also measured.

There used to be this data available for each village iirc, but it was taken out because too much server space was used.

DeletedUser

As an addition to this, when the points scored for archers were requested, what happened to the MA. They are still archers even if they are on horseback and also what does a Paladin score?

DeletedUser

As an addition to this, when the points scored for archers were requested, what happened to the MA. They are still archers even if they are on horseback and also what does a Paladin score?

Attacking/Defending
Spear: 4 / 1
Sword: 5 / 2
Axe: 1 / 4
Archer: 5 / 2
Scout: 1 / 2
Light Cavalry: 5 / 13
Mounted Archer: 6 / 12
Heavy Cavalry 23 / 15
Ram: 4 / 8
Catapult: 12 / 10
Paladin: 40 / 20