Question for the Mods

DeletedUser1410

Having put V7.0 out on UK7 and knowing that most if the scripts don't work, can I ask why wasn't someone put forward to sort said scripts out, because I sure I'm not alone when I say this but having to go through every village and add troops is just so time consuming, it takes the will to send nukes.
Come on TW use so sense, we know you have some.
All that V7.0 has done on 4,5,6,7 is get peeps wound up

DeletedUser

spot on - all you need
Must be murder to run a tribe and have to do this

DeletedUser

I as a player have been looking forward to having the update on worlds i play, This is evolution people, As for the scripts, innogames does not support scripts they are submitted by thier respective developer/s

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1410

well its high time that they did
especially when it makes the Game better and easier to use

DeletedUser8844

I hate it

I gave up world 7 because of the lay out of this update. And to have no scripts that work , makes it almost impossible to get the job done.

DeletedUser7868

i agree its all well and good to do upgrades but they should be done at the start of a world there are a lot of people who have committed a lot of time and money into this game just for this to be throw in i think we should have the option to stick to version
that was here when we started

DeletedUser

I as a player have been looking forward to having the update on worlds i play, This is evolution people, As for the scripts, innogames does not support scripts they are submitted by thier respective developer/s

Many of us look forward to updates - but when an update is loaded - the equivalent function for existing well used scripts, should be incorporated. For all its advantages , the disadvantages of making useful scripts redundant, make it a downdate for many of us.
Not asking for you to write scripts , but to allow for existing ones still to work.
Ta Signs

DeletedUser8877

not happy that they should change my game after all the time and MONEY spent, as a paying customer i should be asked if i want things changed not forced into it.

in my opinion this should only be rolled out on new worlds, we can't have settings changed on a world once its opened so how come they are allowed to change the game after we have invested our money in that world.

i believe this is just a money earner as they are trying to double their income by making you spend double on premium points so you can have a premium acct and this new acct manager they are offering. way to go tw thanks for hitting us up during an economic downterm when prices are reaching all time highs everywhere and wages are getting lower thanks for jumping in with all the big businesses and hitting our pockets harder.

DeletedUser

So for the last few weeks, (or maybe months), I have been seeing all the new wonderful changes that will appear in V7.

At 19.14 last night I received a mail informing me that V7 will be here in 16 hours and the system may be down for a while. I wouldn't exactly say that was advanced notice for a game which relies on 'timing' but I naturally assumed the technical team knew what they were doing.

Loading up my W5 account today was a bit of a shock. Although the graphics looked impressive I personally didn't like them. So I searched around for the button that said, 'use old layout', or 'use classic skin' or something to that effect, but I couldn't find it.

After much searching, (as no instructions were provided with the update), I found nothing. Somebody then kindly pointed me towards the '/oldstyle.css' option. Great that's looking better... oh actually hang on, it's not actually the same as what I had.

After raising a support request I was told that there was nothing they could do! Great! :icon_rolleyes:

Okay, maybe I just have to get use to this.

Ploughing on, it time to do some mass recruiting.... Oh it doesn't work! But hey I could pay extra for something similiar

Troop Manager! Similar to to the Construction Manager in function, the Recruitment Manager allows players to fill in a desired number of troops to recruit per village. These will then be recruited when the resource and farm space requirements are met - pausing when this is not the case.

Oh well who needs troops anyway, let's do some resource balancing. Wow I impressed, that kind of works but your browser is now 50ft wide due to formatting problems. Still you can always pay extra and have something similar.

Market Manager! Players will be able to set up a number (default: 50) of periodic resource transfers (Trade Routes) between villages in order to maximise their resource usage efficiency. The villages involved will of course need to have the required number of merchants available. If the requirements for a transfer are not met at the time it is meant to be sent, the transaction will be skipped until the next scheduled time.

So a summary of my experience today:-

I can no longer mass recruit, (unless I pay extra).

I can no longer balance my resource, (unless I pay extra or want a 50ft wide browser).

The system will run 4 times slower and frequently crash Firefox, (or you can have other issues with Opera or I.E).

None of the buttons are where you are used to them, (because skins or a 'classic view' has not been thought of or implemented).

'/oldstyle.css' will allow you to have the layout loosely to how you had it but will not work if you are account sitting somebody. In addition if they don't have prem you can't change it anyway.

So what has gone wrong? Well firstly that seems to be a lack of or not enough bug testing. There hasn't been any consideration for people who don't want all the fancy stuff. Maybe this appeals to the youngsters and I'm just being and old crock but I just don't like the settings. I don't want to see a huge picture everytime I look at a report!!!!

So what's being done about it? Well from what I see another three worlds are being updated tomorrow, which is really bad planning. Has it not occured to anybody to wait for some feedback before they implement this on to new worlds? I am under the impression this may have been running on W7 already but surely it's crazy updating 6 worlds in the space of 24 hours.

I think I've said enough now. I simply can't believe the flaws of this upgrade and the lack of forethought with rolling it out. This is produced by a German company, I may be sterotyping but having worked with Germans they are usually so precise and methodical about things.

The End

DeletedUser

when i play a game and spend a lot of time and money in it.... I WANT THE OPTION OF UPGRADES AND NOT TOLD WHAT I CAN AND CANT DO give us a option to use the old style and i mean ALL of the old style... and as for TRACEY the Community Manager i have seen some of her replies and she might aswell have not bothered ruffley translated what she means is tuff crap live with it..... IS IT TIME TO HIT THE DELETE BUTTON ???????????????

DeletedUser

I tested out V7 on beta. I decided from then I would not join anymore worlds unless there was option (be it PA option) to revert back to the old graphics. Sadly, there is not - so I suppose I'll be retiring from TW when my current 2 worlds end.

& there is something TW could do btw. I seriously doubt they just deleted all the old coding etc. for the previous layout and I'm sure they could revert it or convert it so it could be used but that would be far too much effort for them :lol:

NINJAEDIT:

Quote from my tribal forums?

"I have been fighting this pile of crap for hours, and quite frankly I am losing the will to live."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

TW was never about looks IMHO, it was about competitive game-play, tactics, sniping, backtiming, train sending, re-nobling, stacking and SKYPE (communication in general). TW developers wasted their time on a pointless update, they are making script writers work harder (they are doing this for free and to be honest they are the people that are keeping me here). I am not willing to manually recruit through 850+ villages on UK3 or pay extra premium for such features. I respect cheese for kindly working on a mass recruit script but I agree with radarr that this version should be reversible as I loved the old version a lot more than this one. Have you ever made a poll for these features? Have you asked us if we want new graphics? It would be a lot more useful if we got auto-tagger for attacks instead of making this game tedious.

+ rep if you agree by the way :p

DeletedUser

[th]And all of you, complaining here, are still using Windows 3.1. Or any Linux 0.x version, outdated for years now. Am I right? No? Well then: All of you, complaining here, are using some (semi-)updated system, complaining that their old programs, which they bought years ago, aren't running on it anymore? And sure - you're blaming the developers of the operating system for it?

Things are evolving. So is tribalwars. The scripts, which aren't running at the moment, aren't InnoGames' property, nor is it InnoGames' duty to make them run (or keep them runnning). Get the authors to modify their products.

Just as you expect a developer of a program to release a new version, if the old one isn't working for your new operating system anymore...

A lot of scripts will be updated, in particular such things like recruitment scripts are already in their testing stage.[/th]

DeletedUser

TW was never about looks IMHO, it was about competitive game-play, tactics, sniping, backtiming, train sending, re-nobling, stacking and SKYPE (communication in general). TW developers wasted their time on a pointless update, they are making script writers work harder (they are doing this for free and to be honest they are the people that are keeping me here). I am not willing to manually recruit through 850+ villages on UK3 or pay extra premium for such features. I respect cheese for kindly working on a mass recruit script but I agree with radarr that this version should be reversible as I loved the old version a lot more than this one. Have you ever made a poll for these features? Have you asked us if we want new graphics? It would be a lot more useful if we got auto-tagger for attacks instead of making this game tedious.

+ rep if you agree by the way :p

Spot on mate, I couldn't agree more.

Regarding the script writers, (obviously we are talking about the non-staff script writers). A few weeks back all scripts were stopped and a new approval service was created. Isn't it funny how some of these scripts have now worked their way into the game providing you pay extra. It's just greed in my honest opinion.

Even the process of obtaining scripts and tweaking them I feel is a part of the game. If you learn the system and are a decent player they will benefit. Now they are handed to everybody on a plate, (at extra cost).

DeletedUser

Not impressed with the new version and certainly wont be injecting any more cash into it...shame really.

DeletedUser

[th]And all of you, complaining here, are still using Windows 3.1. Or any Linux 0.x version, outdated for years now. Am I right? No? Well then: All of you, complaining here, are using some (semi-)updated system, complaining that their old programs, which they bought years ago, aren't running on it anymore? And sure - you're blaming the developers of the operating system for it?

Nope, I'm using Win7 and I've also got Ubuntu dual-booted. Either way, does it matter? You have compatibility modes and can still get old versions.

[th]Things are evolving. So is tribalwars. The scripts, which aren't running at the moment, aren't InnoGames' property, nor is it InnoGames' duty to make them run (or keep them runnning). Get the authors to modify their products.[/th]

Well, to be harshly honest, that's an extremely naive point of view from InnoGames.

[th]A lot of scripts will be updated, in particular such things like recruitment scripts are already in their testing stage.[/th]

I think only part of it is to do with Scripts. Generally all this graphics rubbish. The TribalWars community has mentioned several times it doesn't want to be painted over in this coat of glamour-crap and fancy artistic work - it wants to be an easy-to-use game which is quick and relies on the social side.

Also, they should just have an option to revert back. Period.

DeletedUser

I agree with all the above comments.

It's a disgrace that these changes have been foisted on many long term players/supporters(financially) of this game without an option to revert to the old style they had come to love and enjoy.

DeletedUser

Yes but there have been improvements to those systems. Programs get updates because those developers earn money for such things. Account manager and some of the map features are the only ones that really have affected me so far. Counter Strike has been here for 10 years, it is one of the best FPSs ever. It has been last updated in 2003, and has been v1.6 since. Why? Because players like it, they are not complaining and mods that worked years ago , still work now. Developing new mods is easy, my friend made all his guns look like fishes!!! TW gets this pointless update, the graphics screw up the coding for most scripts and therefore making the script developers work hard once again, most players are complaining and most disagree.

TWstats update looks amazing, it has everything that people wanted - different conquer stats for tribes and players, etc. Many tw players wanted more features implemented into the game instead of awful graphics, which have nothing to do with the game. This game is now for 10 year olds, literally. And thats about 0.00001% of tw players (LDW is the only 10 year old I know that plays :p). I want to play a game thats fun and not tedious. Instead I spend too much time on it and instead of getting homework done, I fail and get into trouble.

/rantover

(+rep if you agree)

DeletedUser

Things are evolving. So is tribalwars. The scripts, which aren't running at the moment, aren't InnoGames' property, nor is it InnoGames' duty to make them run (or keep them runnning). Get the authors to modify their products.

Just as you expect a developer of a program to release a new version, if the old one isn't working for your new operating system anymore...

A lot of scripts will be updated, in particular such things like recruitment scripts are already in their testing stage.[/th]

To start with, yes I do have clients running some old systems and only the other day I upgraded somebody from Windows 3.11 to Windows 7. I had a number of issues to sort out which was mainly their DOS based product and printing. BUT, I allowed the customer to test the new system in parrallel with their old system. I have also left the old system in place so they can revert back to it at any time. The customer was able to test all their scripts, (batch jobs), before they went live.

If you updated your operating system and programs stopped working you would have the choice to downgrade back to the old operating system. This isn't what we have here.

I don't think your comparisons are a good example.

It's obvious that people put a lot of time and effort into the upgrade but as I said before, in my honest opinion I don't like it.

My personal example is this:-

Windows XP worked well and people liked it.
Vista was rubbish, full of bugs and people hated it.
Windows 7 is much improved and people like windows once again.

Tribal Wars v7 to me is Vista and unless I can downgrade to Windows XP my subscription and game play stops.