Question on my housing/work situation.

• Thread starter Poetic Watermellon
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Okay, I have a question that I can not really decide on. See, I have a house in Hollywood, USA right now. I am planning on moving to Toronto, Canada. My work is in Hollywood, but I am starting a company in Toronto. Now I can afford both houses and I had spent years building the house in Hollywood into my dream house, and the place I have in Toronto is quiet, and something I need to concentrate for my work. But the traveling time to each place would be a hassle, and I just need one place.

What would you do?

DeletedUser

Toronto, but the other place has had thousands of dollars put into it.

DeletedUser

Sell the Hollywood house, buy as similar house in Toronto to go along with the one you already have.

DeletedUser

Okay, I have a question that I can not really decide on. See, I have a house in Hollywood, USA right now. I am planning on moving to Toronto, Canada. My work is in Hollywood, but I am starting a company in Toronto. Now I can afford both houses and I had spent years building the house in Hollywood into my dream house, and the place I have in Toronto is quiet, and something I need to concentrate for my work. But the traveling time to each place would be a hassle, and I just need one place.

What would you do?

After having spent years building a dream home also , I can understand your reluctance to part with it .
If you are just starting a company in Toronto however I wouldn't advise selling right now as I would wait till the company is established.
Also if you work in Hollywood don't you need the two homes ?
Traveling time is inevitable isn't it when you work in places so far away.
If you do intend to move to Toronto as your main residence and spend the majority of your time there , eventually you will probably end up selling your dream home but I wouldn't rush into that as once it's been sold it's gone and you can't change your mind if things don't work out in Toronto as you hoped.

Lisa <3

DeletedUser

After having spent years building a dream home also , I can understand your reluctance to part with it .
If you are just starting a company in Toronto however I wouldn't advise selling right now as I would wait till the company is established.
Also if you work in Hollywood don't you need the two homes ?
Traveling time is inevitable isn't it when you work in places so far away.
If you do intend to move to Toronto as your main residence and spend the majority of your time there , eventually you will probably end up selling your dream home but I wouldn't rush into that as once it's been sold it's gone and you can't change your mind if things don't work out in Toronto as you hoped.

Lisa <3

Thanks, guess I will go with that. I have a fear that my company will fall through at this point in time. Have to wait and see I guess.

DeletedUser

That was what I ment, I just did not feel like typing in the word. But the economy in canada has gone up 0.1% That might not seem like a lot but it is good.

DeletedUser

every little helps ;)
and yes, lisa makes mostest sense. If it falls through and your dream home is gone you will be sad :'(
what is your company?

DeletedUser

I personally think Hollywood is slowly depreciating into a past time. Hollywood isn't the same it was 20 years ago, and a new place will become that Hot spot. I would suggest you sell that house while it still has value, take the job in Toronto and make that cozy little home into your new dream house.

DeletedUser3667

I would recommend leasing out your "dream home". That way, while you're not paying on two houses, you will still be able to return to your home in case of problems in Canada. Plus, it's a way to have a steady source of income as well.

DeletedUser

I would recommend leasing out your "dream home". That way, while you're not paying on two houses, you will still be able to return to your home in case of problems in Canada. Plus, it's a way to have a steady source of income as well.

For some reason, I think watermelon isn't to worried about cash.

DeletedUser

For some reason, I think watermelon isn't to worried about cash.

yeah someone who can afford to keep 2 houses running isn't too worried about the cash, if you find you don't like the house in toronto, keep hollywood home and then when your company gets huge then get a second branch in hollywood and let someone manage the toronto one :icon_cool:

/close topic

:)