Question Time

• Thread starter DeletedUser8010
  • Start date

DeletedUser8010

Hello all, and welcome to Question Time!

I have decided to create a new ‘series’, due to the amount of messages I have received asking me to!

This series of Question Time will not only have the normal question put to players; but there will be a simple poll question, to see what the community think about previous question, to try and get InnoGames to take some of our suggestions on board!

Episode 1

"If you could change any aspect/feature in tribalwars, what would it be and why?"
Here are some of the best responses:
nath2810 today at 16:03
Not a massive one, but I wish that once support had been sent to a village, instead of recalling it and re-sending, you could send it on to another village. This would make sniping and backtiming more interesting as there could be support next door that would arrive fairly quickly. To make a feature like this more balanced the troops would have to rest, say 24 hours after they arrive, before they can move on.
I Blame Your Mother today at 13:49
Long term sits. They get abused and cause all sorts of issues so I would make an account be only able to attack itself once a ticket to internal has gone in and have a max sit time of 2 weeks (for those in the services or away on holiday then again ticket in and make the acc unable to attack others).

Then if folk leaving they can empty their nukes if they so choose but would stop the sit abuse that currently goes on.
TheReturn today at 10:35
Probably the length of time a world takes to finish. Some worlds can take 5 years to run their course (on .net) this is far to long a commitment for most people. If more worlds had maybe a six month to a year time limit then the game would probably retain more players
There was one recurring feature that players wanted added
psleon today at 00:18
I would change the messaging system. I would incorporate a chat feature e.g facebook chat,skype chat e.t.c. I find it a bit irritating when people are online and don't refresh their screen so often thus causing delays in replying to certain high priority messages. Plus messaging time would be decreased with such a chat feature since you would be able to do it directly from your village overview screen giving you the opportunity to manage your villages and at the same time be able to make casual chat with online tribe mates or friends on the same world as you. This in general would give Tribal Wars a more social aspect to it which I think is what it is lacking most at the present with some players being online 24/7.
--DIE-- on 02.03. at 23:42
if i could change an aspect it might be a more complex mailing system for the internal workings of a tribe..

although many tribes including my own use skype it might be a good idea to get something like that running in game so a more social constant chat side is added to the forums.

in my opinion most of tribal wars is good as it is so cant really think of anything more...
And finally;
-vengeance- on 02.03. at 23:57
I guess I'll go for something extreme and say the fact that this is a "real time" game. In the sense that everything happens in real time and this creates an environment in which depending on how much time players are willing to put in, when your opponent is on at a particular time, etc, can determine how well you perform at this game to some extent. What I would like to see is essentially a "turn based" implementation of the game. I know it's never going to happen and it would be really complicated/illogical for this game. However I think it would level the playing field and make for more interesting mind game. Take a couple of examples. One farming, everyone has the same number of farm runs to work with, it's how you use those farm runs that could put you at an advantage. Two, co-ordinating with tribe-mates for me is the most fun you can have with this game but trying to find a time that everyone can be online and everyone can send at the same time is pretty much impossible. Being able to pre-plan an attack and then for the defensive side to see the attacks and plan accordingly would make for much more strategic offense/defense in my opinion. I guess I'll end it there so it doesn't drag on too much :D
Now; for the new part of the show. I asked players

"Do you think the idea of an Interceptor should be a world setting addition, i.e. Interceptors: On/off (Please answer with a yes or no)
The interceptor concept; It would be a unit you could send at a fast speed (faster than scouts) to an incoming attack to see what was in it.
Make each 1 a high pop count like 400 each and if the defending attack had 1 in it couldn't see the troops but it would bring a new tactical part to the game a you could try and pick out key fakes to intercept and the attacker would have to choose what ones to add interceptors too..
Would mean that defender could see troops and fakes before they hit and the attacker could use the interceptors to defend fakes so that they looked 100% real to the defender.."

Results
Out of the players serveyed: 67% said Yes, and 33% said No. Due to there not being a very strong decision for it (over 80% saying yes), i do not feel InnoGames will consider this concept, Lets see what we can do next week aye?

Thats all folks!

Next Weeks Poll Question: Would you like to see the concept of a 'Complex Mail System'/'Instant Game Chat'(Much like Skype) Built in. Please mail me 'Yes' or 'No' in game before 10/03/2012!

Feel free to mail -Cameron- In game with any suggestions; or if you want to be included in the upcoming show!

Rep appreciated as always ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i better be getting credit for the interceptor and the skype in game thingy idea cameron.lol :p

DeletedUser

Here's an idea, add water bodies + ship construction (option for villages based next to large water body to have barracks + Port)?

Probably wouldn't work, but interesting concept.

DeletedUser

Hmm, I think that'd transform TW too much, but perhaps as a separate game.

DeletedUser

Question-Time-007.jpg

Thanks for the questions david

DeletedUser

Dont really understand the concept? Elabourate?

I think it would over complicate the game, unless ships were not used in battle.

Although, having large water bodies could work to shape the map, so it's not a mass of villages. Simply have water as not being able to move across, so time to hit opposite side of water is equivilent to walking all the way around. Hence it would act as a wall. But it wouldn't work with a small amount of players.

DeletedUser8010

Sounds to me alot like age of empires... haha. I think ships could be a good addition, possibly just to harvest resources, much like iron clay and wood tho? or have like a port, for trading quicker with players long distances away?

DeletedUser

Yeh age of empires!! That'd be awsome, or even if you could just see your troops on the map, armies etc.

Or if you could set up watchtowers and only see incoming depending on how good watchtowers are. Not soon as launched.

DeletedUser8010

Yeah, or made watchtowers could kill a certain percent of attackers?

DeletedUser10601

Though if you want to play Age Of Empires, you can go Google Age Of Empires Online and be done with it to be honest.
I think ships would only be beneficial for transport unless we wanted to go down that route, though.

DeletedUser10444

I kind of like the idea of having water on the map. As said it could break up the terrain a bit and increase travel times and so on. But if you had a waterside villa you could build a port to produce ships which could be used for trade or attacks but only to other waterside villas around that ocean. Maybe the waterside villas could be a kind of bonus village (so not start up) and they could perhaps have increase farm space or something (like you can have more people with a port coz like a farm produces food so could fishing, you get what I mean?). It's a thought anyway and obvioulsy wouldn't have to be introduced to all future world but could be an option.

DeletedUser

Ports could even just be fluff, not have any bonus other than a bonus like we already have just a different one. No game changes other than the body of water + extra bonus villa.

Like +30% merchants? Then have troops unable to cross these large water bodies to break the map up.

UnKnown

Reaction score
I like the idea of water acting as a wall, you could incorporate some sort of strategy when nobling, not so keen on ships though :)

DeletedUser

When a village is so big it shows a fake moat well on the map veiw, should there be an option to really build a moat?

The option could be given if your HQ is lvl 25, So would you build a lvl 25 HQ and loss villagers to do it.
A frontline village is best for your offence attack as fast as you can always best.
Same as the attacking tribe a moat option could bring new fun to an old game doing well.

And it should be tested on uk server only maybe in two years the net can have the option :lol:

We need something to make the uk server better than the net

DeletedUser

How about when you build farms, you actually see it on the map?

Houses, so villages look bigger.

More detailed map.

Larger variety of troops?

DeletedUser8010

I used to absolutely LOVE AoE, but now im all for TW, its a great game; but still could do with a few additions, which is what i try to provide with my show ;)