Religious debate

DeletedUser8807

i dont understand that at school there is a man in the sky that created everything,
i think when you die, thats it, you dont go anywhere, you get buried in a wooden box in the ground

DeletedUser

Religion is for those to weak to accept death. They use it to help them selves sleep at night. Thats all its for as it is all rubbish.

Religion has helped shape humanity like nothing else. It gives people inspiration and often has helped many discoveries. It has directed lives and given people goals.

DeletedUser

Religion has helped shape humanity like nothing else. It gives people inspiration and often has helped many discoveries. It has directed lives and given people goals.

Too true (bolded part above) and for someone like me who was raised as a JW (a religion that in my opinion is as much a cult as any) I had one BIG goal. Get the heck out of the madness.

Didn't go down well with the one family member still in the cult and 15 years later still dealing with shunning issues due to the cultish hold this religion has on my parent.

DeletedUser

Too true (bolded part above) and for someone like me who was raised as a JW (a religion that in my opinion is as much a cult as any) I had one BIG goal. Get the heck out of the madness.

Didn't go down well with the one family member still in the cult and 15 years later still dealing with shunning issues due to the cultish hold this religion has on my parent.

Haha, yes - I understand it's got some bad points to it but so does everything. I meant in the positive way. It's given hope to people who had none. It's saved countless lives where they thought there was salvation for them out there.

DeletedUser

Fair point but to say what that dude said up there ^^ (not shaney) is a tad naive.

DeletedUser

fanatically religious people kill others in the name of religion.

DeletedUser

stae.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not very religious, my family and kinda catholic, but not very strict about, and I feel that although Christianity may not be the true religion, their IS some form of divine being. It is scientifically impossible for anything in the Universe to occur ever without the Laws of Physics being broken. So yeah....

DeletedUser

Maybe so, but it has caused numerous conflicts, the Crusades and the Holocaust are significant examples.

DeletedUser

Maybe so, but it has caused numerous conflicts, the Crusades and the Holocaust are significant examples.
The Holocaust was a systematic extermination of an ethnic race. Jews(And some too nosy politicians and journalists) were exterminated. Germans who believed in Judaism weren't targeted, therefore I cant see how it would counter under Religious conflict.

DeletedUser

OK, that's more culture, but religion plays a huge part in culture anyway.

I was only stating a couple of things off my head, sources are for school -.-

DeletedUser2154

Is Beer o logy a religion as i pray for 7pm daily lol