Religon

DeletedUser

What is your positition on it? Are you a Christian, a Catholic, a Muslim? Or are you another sort of religon?
I myself am an Atheist. I don't see there being a god. This long on eart, and we still haven't even seen a sign of him.

NOTE: NO FLAMING EACH OTHER OVER THEIR RELIGON! I don't want to hear people get mad over each others comments and see racism remarks come out of their mouths. If it gets to that point, I'll ask for the topic to be closed. Racism, and Religius bashing are two things I can't stand.

/Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well, i take a very odd stance on religion, i am rather anti-religions in general.
I just think to simplify it, or you will all get bored, that religions cause war.
I knw they bring people together but so mnay deaths have been cause in the name of religion

DeletedUser

I'm supposedly Catholic, but I haven't been confirmed, and I'm not planning to be, because I'm not really that religious.

DeletedUser

I'm same as D-ja. Havn't been to church in almost 3 months, and we only go when the grandparents are here :3

But I'm basically against religion. Causes wars, racism, and people just take it too far. I like to believe there's something up there...But no idea what/who it is. I'd like to believe scientific reasoning (big bang, etc.) but there's not a great deal of evidence of that (more than there is for religion, but still not much!). Basically, I don't know what I believe...

DeletedUser

I think religion, and no offence to any religious people here, that it has been made up by humans. Think about it, Who told us about god? Our parents. Who told them? Their parents. Who told them? And, well, you get the idea.
So when we get back to the first few humans, what happens then? I believe that religious theories were made up to help our ancestors understand the earth. Back then people couldn't of ever known some of the things we know now, like the sun is a star. Many religions thought it was a god. Yes, people like the Greeks knew that it was a star, but that was only a few thousand years ago.

DeletedUser

I'm same as D-ja. Havn't been to church in almost 3 months, and we only go when the grandparents are here :3

But I'm basically against religion. Causes wars, racism, and people just take it too far. I like to believe there's something up there...But no idea what/who it is. I'd like to believe scientific reasoning (big bang, etc.) but there's not a great deal of evidence of that (more than there is for religion, but still not much!). Basically, I don't know what I believe...

I still go to church, because I'm 12 so my parents can make me go, and they're like really religious.

DeletedUser

I still go to church, because I'm 12 so my parents can make me go, and they're like really religious.

Like really religious, or are they just religious?

Imo religion is a good thing, it causes millions of people to act like better, nicer people, so they can get into heaven, the afterlife, etc. If you think it doesn't make sense, w.e, I suppose it's your loss if it turns out that there IS an afterlife, but whatever, at least you got to party hard and do whatever you want for the 80 or so years you spent on earth. I think an hour a week in church is not too big a price to pay if it turns out religions were actually not made up by a bunch of coo-coo heads, and they are based on some stuff that actually happened thousands of years ago.

To anti-religious people that say 'lulz religions make wars', being 'anti'-religious only creates another faction of people to make yet another fuss about religion, so you aren't helping anything. It's best to just hold your hands to your ears whenever you hear somebody praying.

DeletedUser

Imo religion is a good thing, it causes millions of people to act like better, nicer people, so they can get into heaven, the afterlife, etc.

What about terrorists? For example, 9/11 was done (I think) because the suicidal extremists wanted to die in the name of their religion.

DeletedUser

Religions have saved more than they've killed, it just doesn't get any attention.

And "Operation 911" (lets just call it that) wasn't just done because of the religion, the people participated in the name of their religion though. Or well, that's our guess, eh?

DeletedUser

What about terrorists? For example, 9/11 was done (I think) because the suicidal extremists wanted to die in the name of their religion.

Nah, they wanted to die because they hate when america spreads it's democracy everywhere and they wanted to SHOCKHORROR the U.S.

It worked.

DeletedUser

Religions have saved more than they've killed, it just doesn't get any attention.

And "Operation 911" (lets just call it that) wasn't just done because of the religion, the people participated in the name of their religion though. Or well, that's our guess, eh?

Saved more then killed?
Let's see...
The terrorist bombings because they have the right god, and they believe that's what god wants them to do..
Isrealy (sp?) Labanesse (sp?) Ongoing war because of religion.
Most wars are because of religion.

DeletedUser

Saved more then killed?
Let's see...
The terrorist bombings because they have the right god, and they believe that's what god wants them to do..
Isrealy (sp?) Labanesse (sp?) Ongoing war because of religion.
Most wars are because of religion.

Yes. Most wars hundreds of years ago when everything was about religion.

Now they are mostly about government, politics, oil, weapons of mass destruction, etc.

And if you think about 'killing more than saved'.. I recommend you go visit every church across america, europe, wherever... and count how many people act like decent people, and compare that number with the people that go suicide bombing, are victims, etc.

The saved clearly outnumbers the killed statistically.

DeletedUser

in the crusades 16% of TODAYS european population died, cus the pope got bored.

DeletedUser

in the crusades 16% of TODAYS european population died, cus the pope got bored.

Liken the world to Tribal Wars, and the pope's just one big lazy family tribe.

Erm, more ontopic: I'm with the OP, atheist although alot of my friends crack alot of jokes about that. Really, it's better off not going into any of these beliefs unless you were born into them, in which case you've probably adapted to your life and more harm would probably come if you turn away (unless you're prepared for that or your family is lenient and safe with you doing so).

Personally, I'd find following a religion is fine as long as it's not along the lines of a radicalist path or anything extreme like that.

If it's something you've gotten used to and doesn't impinge(?) on your daily life (such as restricting your experiences in the outside world and acting as an oppresive force) then there's no reason for not continuing with such a life.

As what the other posters above said, religions have been behind or linked to many disasters and tragedies in our world, although now it's narrowed down to be caused by the more extreme groups. So for a person to not follow a religion because there's a chance it could have been the cause of genocides or catastrophies(?) wouldn't be valid as it's most likely that the person belongs to a relatively pacifist religious group and will not sway if they are keep unmanipulated.

Anyhow, there's no problem with having a religion although I myself abstain from having one or any because I'm able to live without one and without any difficulties :icon_rolleyes: (/Hopes I phrased it right.... :s)

DeletedUser

Im not really for or against religion. The one thing I even slightly believe in is... Reincarnation. It's really the only thing that makes sense to me at all. Either that or scientific reasoning. However, I also have a feeling their is some higher being up their, (dont know what it is though) I guess we'll see when we die eh? :lol:

DeletedUser

Im not really for or against religion. The one thing I even slightly believe in is... Reincarnation. It's really the only thing that makes sense to me at all. Either that or scientific reasoning. However, I also have a feeling their is some higher being up their, (dont know what it is though) I guess we'll see when we die eh? :lol:

Probably some giant alien kid with a fishbowl in his room, and our universe is just one 'atom' of bacteria growing in the bottom.

Srsly, I saw proof when I was trying shrooms for the first time when I was 15. No lie.

DeletedUser

I'm evangelic and confirmed but I don't believe in god.

I like it to be in church cause it's a big community and I think that only the church can help poor people, not the government.

DeletedUser

Let's see what happens when the government stops helping poor people and the church takes care of it.

There'll probably be no more poor people, if you get my point.

DeletedUser

If the church get the same money like the government (taxes), they would do it much better, I think.