Reputation and Negs: Why do they turn grey?

DeletedUser312

Just why?

If there's a simple answer to this somewhere on this website... could you link me to it blaitently.

Otherwise I'm confused as to why the reps I do turn grey, as people find out it's me [whistles] and tell me it was grey... Although I approved of their posts.

So... what's happening?

[NOTE] You'll get a +Rep for a good answer, tell me if it's grey lol :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

you rep is turning grey as no one has repped you before, therfore you have no rep points. you can only give people the amount of rep points you have (you also do not lose any).

DeletedUser312

reputation_balance.gif
+Rep the person above... 24.06.2009 19:41

reputation_neg.gif
+Rep the person above... 24.06.2009 19:02 fail

reputation_neg.gif
Reputation and Negs: ... 24.06.2009 19:00 Is searching for the answer so hard?

reputation_pos.gif
Reputation and Negs: ... 24.06.2009 18:53 ill get you started /killer

reputation_balance.gif
Last User To Post Here... 23.06.2009 21:19 Cheese

I think the third one was unneeded, pointless, and back tracking ¬_¬

Ahh well that means I'm still a non-starter o_O... And I don't wanna go for "the most -neg reps" or whatever since I really don't see much point in that :|

Dam anon haters T_T

DeletedUser

you rep is turning grey as no one has repped you before, therfore you have no rep points. you can only give people the amount of rep points you have (you also do not lose any).
You start with 10 rep. I think you need at least 10 otherwise your rep will be grey. Thats one requirement anyway.

DeletedUser857

Its a bit of a shady area really, very few people actually knows how it works. Perhaps we should pm a mod to publish a comprehensive guide?