Serious - Does this offend you???

DeletedUser

We have a poll, (OBVIOUSLY as a joke - although not to some!!!:icon_rolleyes:) in the off topic section of our forum. I removed the poster names because they are irrelevent to my question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HORE. (Post title)

Are you a troop whore or a point whore? (question)

TROOP WHORE (Answer 1) 2 votes (50,00%)
POINT WHORE (Answer 2) 2 votes (50,00%)
BOTH (Answer 3)(0,00%)
lg.php

---- today at 00:25 Quote
???

---- today at 00:27 Quote Edit Delete
Points means prizes for me buddy

---- today at 00:27 Quote
HOW?

---- today at 01:14 Quote
I am offended by this post.

---- today at 05:49 Quote
I'm offended also, I want a 4th option... a straight WHORE

---- today at 05:52 Quote
That is even more inappropriate, and if this is acceptable to the members of this tribe, then this is not the place for me to be.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does the above offend you?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I know its a joke about TW.

but those this really belong in the W1 Section? Maybe General would have been smarter.

DeletedUser

I wasn't sure where to really post this...
I mean funny IGM might of been better.
As I'm in World 1, I thought here was best.

Thats upto the mods, to put in correct location. (sorry)

DeletedUser

Ok........well firstly I would say it doesn't offend me.
However the use of the word whore in this context could be offensive. Whore is basically being used to desribe somebody who loves somthing "i.e point whore loves the points" and therefore implys that a whore (an actual sex worker) loves sex. Which is a very sexist and narrow minded view as most prostitutes or sex workers to give them there actual name infact do it out of financal need rather than any fom of enjoyment. So therefore the use of the word whore in this context could be deemed offensive to sex workers and genrally just sexist by conforming to female sterotyping.

What I find more offensive is that 50% of your tribe attmit to being pointwhores .........:lol:

DeletedUser

I have found that Tribal Wars is not for the faint hearted .... There are a lot of things that would offend me in real life that you have to take with a pinch of salt in the game / on skype.
Troop Whore and Point Whore are not offensive , unless someone is directly called an whore , which is different .
Everyone has their own boundaries , I have had mine stretched to the limit and don't take much too seriously anymore .
There is only one issue that I get defensive about , people who know me , know what it is , and tend to respect it.

Troop whore and Point whore may seem inappropriate to someone who isn't familiar with the terminology but basically I think you have to get used to it , and understand its context.

<3

DeletedUser

No. It should offend anyone if it is taken in the context in which it is meant. The word whore has multiple applications.

1. A prostitute.
2. A person considered sexually promiscuous.
3. A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.

Number 3 here, is the context in which Troop Whore or Point Whore are meant. The principles that are comprimised are the balance between points and troops.

If stuff like this offends people, then they need to toughen up alot. Its a big bad world out there.

DeletedUser

I don't think its the word 'Whore' that offends the guy, I think its the fact that someone said:

Because points don't matter its the troops that matter. & If you look at that closely it says 'Quote Edit Delete' which means the person who copied it and pasted it (Team Marlow) is a point whore. (Well at least that's what I think when he said Points means prizes for me buddy)

DeletedUser

I don't think its the word 'Whore' that offends the guy, I think its the fact that someone said:

Because points don't matter its the troops that matter. & If you look at that closely it says 'Quote Edit Delete' which means the person who copied it and pasted it (Team Marlow) is a point whore. (Well at least that's what I think when he said Points means prizes for me buddy)

I am relatively (99.99% Certain) That it was a joke...

If anyone takes offence to that. HA.

DeletedUser

Ok, I admit... "The Points means prizes" was me. I was being sarcastic, I don't think anyone would seriously think like this (well if they did, they wouldn't and don't last to long)

It wasn't intended to be serious BUT the offended, just blew me away.

Thank you to everyone whos reply, glad my soh wasn't so warped.
(The orignal question wasn't me)

DeletedUser1189

I love points and im happy to admit im a whore who loves all kind of carnal things, does this make me some kind of addict? Points do mean prizes as well, never forget that! :)

DeletedUser

I love points and troops, but I love my troops wives more..I even give them points ;-D

DeletedUser

We have a poll, (OBVIOUSLY as a joke - although not to some!!!:icon_rolleyes:) in the off topic section of our forum. I removed the poster names because they are irrelevent to my question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HORE. (Post title)

Are you a troop whore or a point whore? (question)

TROOP WHORE (Answer 1) 2 votes (50,00%)
POINT WHORE (Answer 2) 2 votes (50,00%)
BOTH (Answer 3)(0,00%)
lg.php

---- today at 00:25 Quote
???

---- today at 00:27 Quote
HOW?

---- today at 01:14 Quote
I am offended by this post.

---- today at 05:49 Quote
I'm offended also, I want a 4th option... a straight WHORE

---- today at 05:52 Quote
That is even more inappropriate, and if this is acceptable to the members of this tribe, then this is not the place for me to be.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does the above offend you?

I lurk on /b/, i doubt anything here will EVER offend me :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

look its HF hello budddy.

i find the word "whore" offensive no matter the words that are used with it. And even using it as the third part of the definitons off that list is still deragatory.

DeletedUser

Concerning OP's issue i find very little offends me infact i would go as far to say nothing offends me, i can somtimes get realy annoyed with the limits of what ya can say on tribe forums but i guess ya just gotta keep evryone peachy for sanitys sake

DeletedUser

look its HF hello budddy.

i find the word "whore" offensive no matter the words that are used with it. And even using it as the third part of the definitons off that list is still deragatory.

ah quit nagging, this is the internet get used to seeing offensive stuff

DeletedUser

It's not wrong to be offended by the word 'whore' but it is a little idiosyncratic. The word has been used for a long time in literature ('Tis Pity She's a Whore', for example, plus numerous quotes from Shakespeare). Words change their meaning over time - look at 'wicked' and 'sick' - but I guess everyone has the right to be offended by whatever they choose - they just can't expect the majority to cater to their minority viewpoint and revise their (common) language use to suit an individual. There's a vast difference between calling someone a whore in a pejorative manner, and using the word to describe a love of something, as in 'troop whore' - it all depends on context. In the usual TW context, I don't see it as offensive, personally :) YMMV.

DeletedUser

Over the past year, the game has become what I called "sissified" they're trying to make it more appropriate for "12 year olds" by making infractable lots of words that were quite acceptable for most of the game's life. Including words commonly used in the past by mods and elder mods.

DeletedUser

Oh my... games, generally populated by young people will ALWAYS have some terms which are on borderline offensive. Troopwhore/pointwhore are just examples of it. If someone plays the game in a stupid manner they will get insulted.
Games always have specific vocabulary to describe people who stray from normal in their play style. Just like in some role playing games a term "twink" was used (feel free to google it), TW uses those 2 terms.

I do admit the game/forums have become sissified as Pervie said. And whereas I see that such a thing is necessary on these forums as there is no alternative, i do believe it is up to tribal leadership to set standards for what is inappropriate in the tribal forums. My advice would be: if you don't feel comfortable hanging out with the people in your tribe, leave and find one where noone ever uses the term troopwhore/pointwhore.

Wish you luck with that,

SF

DeletedUser

People need to thicken their skins. I could never understand being easily offended by anything.