Skype Spam

• Thread starter DeletedUser1189
  • Start date

DeletedUser1189

Ive started to notice a load of random companies and accounts sending spam at me. Offering everything from degree's to discount xmas offers. Is anyone else getting this, and also, does anyone know how to stop it?

DeletedUser1189

Example

[8:03:43 PM] oem_software: EuroSoftware Inc.

Limited time 30% Adobe and Microsoft software discount!

Use discount code:

(sun) Adobe - D33W-2009-1
(sun) Microsoft - D33W-2009-2

You can download any software in 20-30 minutes and don't need to pay hundreds of extra Euros or Dollars!

Click here and find out more about us.
(link removed incase anyone decides its a good idea to lose there credit card details)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i just get random ppl adding me constantly

*shifty eyes*

I thought you quit your skype account :s

@OP, You can go to your Privacy settings [Skype (in the top left) - Privacy - Privacy Settings] and check that you can only recieve messages, videos and the likes from people on your contacts list. Check out the Help option as well for Privacy issues :s

DeletedUser

I've been getting them also, but was getting them before i started playing TW.

You can turn off anonymous messages in the privacy settings.

DeletedUser

nop not me , maybe its deppending on where u have set ur address/where u live....

DeletedUser

Ive started to notice a load of random companies and accounts sending spam at me. Offering everything from degree's to discount xmas offers. Is anyone else getting this, and also, does anyone know how to stop it?

i been getting that alot to havent gotten any today tho

DeletedUser

Try changing your 'Full name' (name that people see you by) in your profile, seems to negate any spam/random companies from offering you bizzare things.

DeletedUser2765

[ke]For me its died down a lot, but.. I usually tell them to screw off and hit the report as spam button. :p[/ke]

DeletedUser589

Nope im not getting any either mate. Maybe its cause you are so special! :xmas_wink: