So is it worth it ?

DeletedUser

Ghastly :S

Seriously of all the unecessary settings innogames has ever imposed on us, the Church has to be the most inconveniently pointless :|

Had enough of that for a lifetime in W30 and W33.

@ 28 : .co.uk needs more peasants.

pervis is here :eek:, maybe now i'll have a better reason to join w2 aswell:icon_razz:.

DeletedUser

I dont get why most the realllly good players "hate" every new setting Inno brings out >.<

They might make you change your style of play, but isn't that what they are meant to do?

We have

1. Churches - Force players to be more strategic with clusters and planned attacks.
2. Paladin Weapons - Admittedly pointless, the new cat weapon just gives out random uber-defence >.<
3. Bonus Villages - Noble a 3K normal village, or a 300 point village, that'll give you a 10% extra pop nuke later?
4. Simple Smithy - More realistic, but allows you to defend every village, and switch attack/defence easier.
5. Fake Limit - Stops nubs just using mass-fakes, and forces players to outsmart opponents

Sure.. the pally and the smithy are kinda annoying, but at least they made us change the way we play, and stopped it being "just another world".

PP manages to enjoy new worlds, he even enjoys archer worlds, so why can't everyone else? >:[

DeletedUser

3. Bonus Villages - Noble a 3K normal village, or a 300 point village, that'll give you a 10% extra pop nuke later?

Or, noble the 3K, grow more quickly, and noble the pop bonus off the idiot who decided to get it early on.

DeletedUser

Probably a better idea :icon_wink:

But you see what I mean :icon_razz:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Or, noble the 3K, grow more quickly, and noble the pop bonus off the idiot who decided to get it early on.

That.

In fact I'll take a barracks or stable bonus over the farm pop bonus. Build time > final strength.

DeletedUser

That.

In fact I'll take a barracks or stable bonus over the farm pop bonus. Build time > final strength.

True. Dunno what the admins were thinking by leaving the pop bonus the same while giving barracks/stable 33% extra speed.

Pop bonus probably could have been worthwhile at 20% extra. I think 33% would make it far too strong though.

DeletedUser

True. Dunno what the admins were thinking by leaving the pop bonus the same while giving barracks/stable 33% extra speed.

Pop bonus probably could have been worthwhile at 20% extra. I think 33% would make it far too strong though.

just that 10%, gives u so much more to put in a village, i think it's just fine.

DeletedUser1508

I think it is fine also... I actually think that all the bonus villages are reasonably balanced. But that doesn't mean that I won't go for the barracks village instead of a warehouse one :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

It gives you more.. but any player worth his salt would take the barracks vill every time :p

So.. why not make all the bonuses equally desirable? :icon_wink:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
just that 10%, gives u so much more to put in a village, i think it's just fine.

Essentially I look at it this way.

Typically, fastest building nuke is:

6153 axe
3371 lc
213 rams

With a 33% barracks bonus that ratio becomes

7953 axe
2921 lc
213 rams

It even builds two days faster than the first nuke listed, yet is obviously much stronger.

To show how much stronger we're talking about here are two simulations.

Attacker Units: 0 0 6153 0 3371 0 213 0 0
Losses: 0 0 6153 0 3371 0 213 0 0

Defender Units: 10000 10000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 5829 5829 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 14

Defender loses 11,658 troop pop.

Attacker Units: 0 0 7953 0 2921 0 213 0 0
Losses: 0 0 7953 0 2921 0 213 0 0

Losses: 6067 6067 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 14

Defender loses 12,134 troop pop.

Just for a comparison of what a nuke I'd use in a farm bonus village would look like:

Attacker Units: 0 0 6905 0 3783 0 213 0 0
Losses: 0 0 6905 0 3783 0 213 0 0

Losses: 6929 6929 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 13

13,858 pop dies on defender.

Technically, that is the strongest of the 3, but it takes 4 days longer to build than the one that is normal sized using a barracks bonus.

DeletedUser1508

Essentially I look at it this way.

Typically, fastest building nuke is:

6153 axe
3371 lc
213 rams

With a 33% barracks bonus that ratio becomes

7953 axe
2921 lc
213 rams

It even builds two days faster than the first nuke listed, yet is obviously much stronger.

To show how much stronger we're talking about here are two simulations.

Attacker Units: 0 0 6153 0 3371 0 213 0 0
Losses: 0 0 6153 0 3371 0 213 0 0

Losses: 5829 5829 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Defender loses 11,658 troop pop.

Attacker Units: 0 0 7953 0 2921 0 213 0 0
Losses: 0 0 7953 0 2921 0 213 0 0

Losses: 6067 6067 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Defender loses 12,134 troop pop.

Just for a comparison of what a nuke I'd use in a farm bonus village would look like:

Attacker Units: 0 0 6905 0 3783 0 213 0 0
Losses: 0 0 6905 0 3783 0 213 0 0

Losses: 6929 6929 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 13

13,858 pop dies on defender.

Technically, that is the strongest of the 3, but it takes 4 days longer to build than the one that is normal sized using a barracks bonus.

To be honest, I think that all he was saying is that the 10% population village is fine as it is, and doesn't need raising to 20%... although nice calculations:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I dont get why most the realllly good players "hate" every new setting Inno brings out >.<

They might make you change your style of play, but isn't that what they are meant to do?

We have

1. Churches - Force players to be more strategic with clusters and planned attacks.
[

Believe it, the church feature makes the game a lot easier for good players to expand and grow. 90 % of newer players don't even realize the significance of churches and as a result you'll see a lot of their villages nobled outside of the church radius giving their offense and defense 50 % strength.
The only villages that they have church influence on are the tiny barbs they noble near their main.

The newbs are much more easy to take out than newbs in non church worlds by anyone who's had the sense to plan outhis church influence spheres.

So you take a game, where 9 out of 10 top players will say that the biggest setback is loss of motivation / onset of boredom due to a lack of challenge.
And you make it even easier to dominate the weaker/less strategic players.
Genius innit ?

DeletedUser

Churches are not good. it only make people to noble a nearby village. therefore, less farming opportunity for villages.
it also make some people noble small abandoned villages just to make sure they are inside church radius.

Paladin weapons increase how luck affect the game. not good. although i always get Axe/LC weapon first due to me being lucky, but i don't like weapons. i also don't like paladins cause early game, they give increased protection to noobs. you may lose all of your spears early game attacking a single paladin.

Bonus villages. rather they don't exist at all. make people like to noble small villages without a fight over them.

Simple smithy: Doesn't annoy me. no different for me. i am OK with both leveld tech smithy or simple tech smithy.

Fake limit: A good thing. gives smarter players an edge over others. will make you think about sending fakes and time them well. not just mass-faking everyone.

DeletedUser

@Nima.. Churches don;t stop you farming, you can still attack outside your church radius :icon_wink:

@Pervis. Yeah, you're probably right there.. I was thinking more strategic as in.. late game, when you're taking on a player with a decent cluster.

It'd force you to work out the church villages, and noble them/cat them before your other assualts hit, or something :)

I still reckon the cat weapon should be downgraded, but hey.. I'm as likely to get it as anyone else, so it's not really that annoying :D

DeletedUser

when you noble a village near your first church, you have to either share your farms between the two villages or have to look far far away for new farms. it is not good. i meant this. not that you can't attack outside church. lol i know church's mechanis well :p

DeletedUser

Believe it, the church feature makes the game a lot easier for good players to expand and grow. 90 % of newer players don't even realize the significance of churches and as a result you'll see a lot of their villages nobled outside of the church radius giving their offense and defense 50 % strength.
The only villages that they have church influence on are the tiny barbs they noble near their main.

The newbs are much more easy to take out than newbs in non church worlds by anyone who's had the sense to plan outhis church influence spheres.

So you take a game, where 9 out of 10 top players will say that the biggest setback is loss of motivation / onset of boredom due to a lack of challenge.
And you make it even easier to dominate the weaker/less strategic players.
Genius innit ?

well said in w30, it has certanly made me think more strategically on how i cluster vills, and where i should hit first.