So...

DeletedUser

How are you guys feeling about the quest system? Being the oldie I am, I feel dis-positioned against it, but I actually quite like it. Spices up the -of the first day. :p

DeletedUser5582

It's distracting.

how so? Whilst you can see who it is aimed at I quite enjoyed it and is a big improvement on what was there before. Plus anything that gets folk posting on here asking for a tribal invite so they can complete it HAS to be good!

DeletedUser5582

lol am not but not joined the world as yet so kinda hard to invite folk!!

DeletedUser

A lot of the quest stuff is pointless really, it gives you similar amount of res for the cost of the building i.e you build a wall and get paid the same res with only 20 iron extra.

The quest is made to help new players? Why not give them a guide in which the quest is based upon, but without the reward of resource/troops.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
The quest is made to help new players? Why not give them a guide in which the quest is based upon, but without the reward of resource/troops.

Because people are lazy, they won't read or do something unless there is an immediate reward for doing it...

If you want to learn how to play the game to an adequate level it's not that hard to ask people, find the forum and read it... but most new players don't...

DeletedUser

Because people are lazy, they won't read or do something unless there is an immediate reward for doing it...

If you want to learn how to play the game to an adequate level it's not that hard to ask people, find the forum and read it... but most new players don't...

If they don't want to learn then it's pointless them being given the easy way. You learn through i want to learn and past experiences. Simply by saying *build a wall and you get this res* will mean they build it simply for the res.

Then they get free spear, sword, axe and start spiking everything because they're told to support a village -.-

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
If they don't want to learn then it's pointless them being given the easy way. You learn through i want to learn and past experiences. Simply by saying *build a wall and you get this res* will mean they build it simply for the res.

Then they get free spear, sword, axe and start spiking everything because they're told to support a village -.-

Seems to me that there is a difference between wanting to learn and knowing that you need to learn... how many times have you rimmed a noob just to receive a message claiming that the only way you managed to rim the noob was because you are cheating...

There is no perfect answer, obviously innogames wants more new players to learn and enjoy the game... so yes, you have to lead the horse to water and no, it won't always drink...

And yes, their are some strange and not ideal things in the quest system and like everything it could be improved... but if it means a few more players learn the basics of the game and therefore enjoy it more and want to play for longer, then to me, it's worth it...

DeletedUser

I found that it is quite bad, especially when you get spiked because of it.

DeletedUser

I'd take the troops out of the awards and the spiking barbs quest, because that's basically what that quest is.

In the end all the new players will spike each other and lose the troops, the experienced players will get spiked and lose the troops they actually built themselves. Everyone loses.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
I don't disagree...

But what you building troops for during BP and with absolutely no gain to be had from attacking another player until you have cats or nobles... the free ones are plenty to farm 1000 res a day with.. :)

That's nearly as bad as completing the build a smithy quest for less reward than it costs to build when at this stage a smithy is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard...

DeletedUser8202

im gonna have a jolly old mess about and see how these new things added react :-D

DeletedUser

I think the quest system is good, but having been spiked now three times, I think the support quest is detrimental to the players. Not only have I lost my troops but Iv also given some poor newbs troops a kicking who was instructed by the quest to put their troops there in the first place.