Start up Guide

DeletedUser9161

removed and deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5582

spoilers are easy.

last button right hand side with horizontal lines and arrows on top and bottom. Click it and new box appears and enter your title for your spoiler then click ok and place the text/pic you want within the spoiler brackets

if you quote my post (don;t click ok) you will see how it looks. Pm me if still stuck

DeletedUser9161

removed and deleted

DeletedUser

That is an entirely different guide, and probably doesn't belong here.

DeletedUser9161

That is an entirely different guide, and probably doesn't belong here.

how many people do you know that actually reads the instructions to most things in life

if you think a newbie to the game is going to read reds post FORGET it

too long winded too much to read and the close button will be pressed far quicker

no offense but the term i want to play the game not read about it comes to mind

DeletedUser4083

how many people do you know that actually reads the instructions to most things in life

too long winded too much to read and the close button will be pressed far quicker

ooo now there you would be wrong. When I myself first discovered the external forums and spotted the guides section I started reading straight away. I was reading guides left right and centre on both .uk and .net. So please don't stereotypicalise genders, as you will find more exceptions than you think. Advertise the external forums with emphasis on the guide section and any player who has a passion for the game in any way will read the guides.

Some gain knowledge through experience, others gain knowledge through reading. And even more will gain knowledge using both methods. A guide can be short yet people won't read it, a guide can be long but people won't read it. Make it interesting, lay it out well, and grab the viewer's attention with the introduction and people will read it. That is what separates a good guide from an ok guide (obviously the content is key too :p).

DeletedUser

That is your opinion. Write your own guide, in another thread, if you think it is better.

DeletedUser1410

any guide that is written, is just that a guide.
Its up to the new members to read them, and I don't see how having a go at someone for taking time out of there RL to write one should have to be subjected to this kind of slanging.
If you think you can do better then please do, help the little guys out......

DeletedUser

any guide that is written, is just that a guide.
Its up to the new members to read them, and I don't see how having a go at someone for taking time out of there RL to write one should have to be subjected to this kind of slanging.
If you think you can do better then please do, help the little guys out......

I don't think its the fact of the contents of his 'guide'.

It's more him posting it in this thread as if it was 'better' than Red's......when it really should have been posted (or moved by a Mod) to it's own thread.

DeletedUser9161

i think i will just forward you to this post instead

http:/http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18629/

Your guide may or may not want to teach about the following:

1: The Basics of TW. First villa build. Farming. How to Noble, Bookmarking and Browser etc etc

further down the page you will find this comment

Please discuss this post here and if you do make a guide then please post it in the guides section

Remember is for newbies and this is to benefit the community so lets see what we can come up with.

DeletedUser

create your own thread. Do not spam another guide thread with what is (imo) a rather useless guide, and one that has been outclassed before, even by the outdated guide to premium.

DeletedUser9161

well ive decided its pointless to post another quick help post ( as most have been saying )

so at the end of the day its deleted

just remember if you dont post your own quick guides or help guides dont crib or gripe at the ones that do take the time or effort at least they try to help newbies out

DeletedUser

well ive decided its pointless to post another quick help post ( as most have been saying )

so at the end of the day its deleted

just remember if you dont post your own quick guides or help guides dont crib or gripe at the ones that do take the time or effort at least they try to help newbies out

If no one posted criticism and challenged the opinions in guides they don't see as fit, you and others wouldn't learn about 'good' or 'bad' play.
You can't just expect people to not say anything bad about it, because you think it's right doesn't mean others do and or it is 'right' in general.

This forum sector has a lot of rubbish in it(including my own attempt), if new players were to follow them they would be put of the game pretty quickly imo. A few of the players who do post and challenge the views in this forum sector are quite good at the game and it does pay to listen to them......instead of being stubborn and just sticking to what you think is right.