Start up Strategy

DeletedUser2335

Pally + 3 spears = 175 res per 18 minutes = 9.72
pally = 100 / 10 = 10
pally + 4 spears = 200 / 18 = 11.11

It's 175 per 36 mins (return trip too) = 4.86. (pally + 3 spears)
100/20 = 5 (pally)
200/36 = 5.55 (pally and 4 spears)

You forgot to factor the return in too. :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What is your intention with this post? Ahhh, an attempt to troll a mod. Nice.

If you had read the posts, you would see I said several times I said I do not recommend this strategy to anyone. My co-player and I did what we wanted and we have been in the top 5 everyday except for 2. Mediocore... Yes, thats the word.

There are people who read these forums and think that -Osiris-/Myself cheated to get to the rankings. If you read other posts in these forums, you would see this. I don't care if this happens on every world, I don't want players thinking a moderator cheats. Any player, for that matter.

If you do not recommend this strategy to anyone, then why are you posting it in the forums? If you post a strategy in the forums someone is bound to follow it.
If you don't want people to think you're cheating then mail them ingame and discuss it with them. Bringing this into the forums is unnecessary and only shows that you are trying to get some attention. I'll give you credit - you have began well on this world, but this does not justify the need for this topic.

ps. This has nothing to do with the fact that you are a mod myself. I simply want to know the reason for this thread.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
It's 175 per 36 mins (return trip too) = 4.86. (pally + 3 spears)
100/20 = 5 (pally)
200/36 = 5.55 (pally and 4 spears)

You forgot to factor the return in too. :icon_wink:

No, I wasn't talking about the total time as that depends on distance to the barb, I was just doing the math as a ratio. the distance doesn't change which is more effective.

DeletedUser2765

No, I wasn't talking about the total time as that depends on distance to the barb, I was just doing the math as a ratio. the distance doesn't change which is more effective.

Gah it pains me everytime... But I agree.

DeletedUser

If your troops are not getting a complete haul everytime you may as well have left them at home. Often that seperates a top 50 player from reaching the top 10 in what I have seen.

I'd rather get at least some resources, than no resources at all :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

If the troop you sent out carries nothing back, then why send it at all?

Well, if that was the original statement you had made, I would have agreed.

You specifically said a complete haul.

DeletedUser

tch, too much effort, send troops they come back with whatever! yay

DeletedUser

Well, if that was the original statement you had made, I would have agreed.

You specifically said a complete haul.
Yeah, you guys seem to be missing it, yes I mean at all times all farming runs should be getting full hauls or damn near to it.

When I said the troops are better left home I am referring to the troops that in the attack did not carry anything back. They should have been left at home, or in a more ideal situation sent to another farm. You should be able to know exactly how many troops to send either through a spread sheet, or a scout evaluator, baring someone else farming your farms you should never get a half haul, And at least in my experience by the time Im 2k points I have suffocated my neighbors enough that they do not have the troops to farm effectively and disrupt my farming.
Is that more clear?

DeletedUser2335

Ah, I thought you were saying his numbers were wrong :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

8 Hours a day is more than I can play most of the time, you can still glide into the top 5 just change around your build strategy, turtling is never the answer:)

Go with a lower hq level, and pump your stable up more than anything else in the beginning, it will help you keep a constant flow of lc, and buildings more easily. After that you can catch your axe up to a good level by upgrading your rax, and sacrificing some defense.

Effective farming is much more usefull than mass farming also, some people waste a lot of pressious time merely farming incorrectly. If your troops are not getting a complete haul everytime you may as well have left them at home. Often that seperates a top 50 player from reaching the top 10 in what I have seen.

Yeah not the point. I play at work so my attention is not always focused and i never have turtled.... it was an assumption to a scenario that has never happened :icon_wink:

And i know all about farming thanks :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

My start-up strat was simple. Within the first 10 mins of starting up, I had a Statue. Built a pally, and proceeded to Level 3 HQ. I then went to sleep [:p] and woke up next day, with pally and roughly 800 resources. Built Barracks, built as many Spears Barracks could produce at time, and since then, i've been farming.

During my farming runs, i've proceeded to leveling my Wall 2 [:D] so I could still gain points on the farm runs.

I think K56, those in my 45x45, are complete noobs. No spikes yet [very grateful] and every time I farm, I get alot of resources, like the max capacity my spears/pally can handle. Which is awesome.

Bad thing about my start up area is the nearest Barb is 1 hr 43 mins away :icon_neutral:

Oh well, i'm sure i'll have LC by tomorrow, or end of tonight, and then farming will alot faster :p

DeletedUser

Are you suggesting that you skipped 1/1/1 mines? Seriously?

I started off with level 5 all resources :)

Probably because I started late. :icon_redface:

Edit: As saying that, if I had started off no resources, I would of built all to level 5, except iron to level 2, then statue/pally.

I follow the clay/wood 3 levels higher than iron ratio until I begin axe making.

DeletedUser

I started off with level 5 all resources :)

Probably because I started late. :icon_redface:

Edit: As saying that, if I had started off no resources, I would of built all to level 5, except iron to level 2, then statue/pally.

I follow the clay/wood 3 levels higher than iron ratio until I begin axe making.

But still, the statue takes 20 minutes to build. I already see a flaw in your strat.

DeletedUser

But still, the statue takes 20 minutes to build. I already see a flaw in your strat.

It took 13 minutes for me. It then takes 6 hours to build a paladin.

I don't rush on worlds. I only play speed on Day 2. Day 1, it's chilled out. :)

We'll see whether my strat is effective or not in the next up-coming weeks. Either way, I think thing's are going smoothly. :icon_cool:

The only thing i'm disliking is starting up. I hate starting up, and I am really looking forward to when i'm higher up.