Start up vs Late game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Start up is based on activity and look of draw of area

Err, maybe for people who get top 5 on one world as a fluke. Several people, myself included, are top 5 during startup on any world we put the time into no matter what the settings are, and no matter what area we land in.

DeletedUser

although most of those people (including yourself) can't handle when the world gets older and the accounts get bigger

so you quit to start a new world and say how good you are by being in the top 10, until of course that world gets to big then you start on the next world. Just following that cycle

Some people are better at start up, some arn't.

The players who are better at the long game will end up doing much better than the experienced starters.

Which is why at the moment in time there is no way you can tell how each top 20 tribe will turn out unless you know each player and how likely they are to carry the world on or just give up on it.

DeletedUser8385

bleh i only stay for the long haul but the average player skill lowers as the world progresses it is true.

DeletedUser

although most of those people (including yourself) can't handle when the world gets older and the accounts get bigger

so you quit to start a new world and say how good you are by being in the top 10, until of course that world gets to big then you start on the next world. Just following that cycle

Some people are better at start up, some arn't.

The players who are better at the long game will end up doing much better than the experienced starters.

Which is why at the moment in time there is no way you can tell how each top 20 tribe will turn out unless you know each player and how likely they are to carry the world on or just give up on it.

You're crazy. Late game is nothing but time heavy village management. A lot of us "start-up" players you say quit don't quit because we can't handle it, but because it's boring, repetitive, and too time consuming. If we can dominate early on, which everyone has an equal chance, wouldn't it be obvious we'd dominate while dominating. (Sounds weird, but yeah)

Nauzhror

Reaction score

Oh please.

Formula to rank 1 late-game:

Build 80% D.

Noble barbs.

Noble tribemates when they quit.

It's not hard, it's boring. There's a huge difference. If I can stomp you when we start at the same size what exactly makes you think when I'm 100,000 and you're 20,000 I can't continue to outpace you?

DeletedUser

you were saying about how you need alot of time to handle an account late game

although the way you get 1st at the start of the game is by being on the account nearly 24/7

along with a bit of luck with the starting area which nauzhror you had, and don't deny it as you know it's true.

I wouldn't say that late game hasn't got any skill to it.

You can't get 1st nobleing just barbs and internals, of course the internals would help, but you won't get very far just nobleing barbs, as then you have nothing to farm (shows how much you know about late game, you should try playing it sometime)

and what if you had 100,000 points but only 1 noble, while the 20,000 point player has 40 nobles somehow, they'll catch up very quickly (as what happened with bungee on uk w1 when he had loads of nobles:lol:)

tbh the start up and the late game are two completely different parts of tribal wars, some people are suited to one and some to the other.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Oh please.

Build 80% D.

Noble barbs.

It's not hard, it's boring. There's a huge difference. If I can stomp you when we start at the same size what exactly makes you think when I'm 100,000 and you're 20,000 I can't continue to outpace you?

Yeah you can stomp everyone early game, but aint there 3 co-players on the #1 ranked player?

So surely you mean me and my mates can stomp you early game?

Yeah you can barb munch your way up the leader board later in the game... but it only takes one decent player that doesn't barb munch to keep you off the top...

I ain't having a go at you, or anyone else.. everyone plays there way to achieve what ever it is they want to achieve.. if you want to dominate early game then quit, no doubt if your ranked #1 when you quit your the best at early game on the world...

Does that make you the greatest player ever born.. nope...

Interesting that you say that middle to late game is boring... what's so exciting about early game.. farming, farming and more farming...

No doubt your very good at what you do... but anyone with the time (or co-players) can farm 24/7...

Anyway, who cares about this noobs opinion.... flame away...

DeletedUser4203

Build 80% D.

Noble barbs.

That's just completely wrong......You left out merging enemy tribes after months of a war neither side can win. :icon_razz:

Disclaimer: I actually love late game, gives me a sense of achievement! Only as boring as you make it.

DeletedUser33

That's just completely wrong......You left out merging enemy tribes after months of a war neither side can win. :icon_razz:

Disclaimer: I actually love late game, gives me a sense of achievement! Only as boring as you make it.

I don't think I've ever seen a war be win completely outright. If you merge in an enemy, in my mind that enemy has been defeated and I think that's the only way to really improve a tribe. Take in what you can't defeat and that way there isn't much left that you can't defeat. It's worked in the past :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser4203

I don't think I've ever seen a war be win completely outright. If you merge in an enemy, in my mind that enemy has been defeated and I think that's the only way to really improve a tribe. Take in what you can't defeat and that way there isn't much left that you can't defeat. It's worked in the past :icon_twisted:

I've orchestrated the complete destruction of enemy tribes.

But your point is correct. Bringing in the best or worthy players of an enemy tribe is common and is (when done in the right manner) a good thing for your own tribe.

It's usually how tribes fight off attrition.

DeletedUser33

Inactivity is the only true winner of tribalwars and it's always interesting to see who it gets at first. Give it a month and I guess we will find out

Nauzhror

Reaction score
although the way you get 1st at the start of the game is by being on the account nearly 24/7

Maybe on speed 2, on speed 1 I have played no more than 3 hours a day and held rank 1. Activity is severely overrated. Time efficiency is the real key.

Yeah you can stomp everyone early game, but aint there 3 co-players on the #1 ranked player?

Three players on rank 1, 2, 3, 5, and in fact a large percent of the top 20. Is true on every world. I personally rarely co-play though, and only am because this world is speed 2.

Mancunia said:
So surely you mean me and my mates can stomp you early game?

Err, no? I've survived entire tribe gangbangs at this stage of the game in the past.

Mancunia said:
Yeah you can barb munch your way up the leader board later in the game... but it only takes one decent player that doesn't barb munch to keep you off the top...

Not even remotely, this just shows your lack of understanding of the game's mechanics.

Nobling barbs and internalling your tribemates is hands down unanimously the way to be rank one late game. Someone nobling actives tends to draw more attention to themselves, thus gets attacked more often. They also lose offense when nobling so need to rebuild said offense. On the other hand when growing primarily off of barb villages and internal conquers the only thing limiting our growth is how fast you can farm for coins.

Mancunia said:
Does that make you the greatest player ever born.. nope...

I assure you I've never claimed or even insinuated that I was the best player. Not even the best startup player. A lot better than most or one of the best, maybe.

Mancunia said:
Interesting that you say that middle to late game is boring... what's so exciting about early game.. farming, farming and more farming...

No doubt your very good at what you do... but anyone with the time (or co-players) can farm 24/7...

Anyway, who cares about this noobs opinion.... flame away...

Farming 24/7 is not the same as farming properly. There's a lot of 24/7 co-played accounts on this world, the majority have not hauled one million resources yet, let alone over two million. Farming though is not why I find early-game more exciting than late or mid-game. Risk is. I enjoy feeling vulnerable. Once a good player has 20 or so villages they have very little reason to ever be rimmed if they are active due to the game giving the defender a huge advantage. The defender having a huge advantage is once again the reason why late game the formula for success is nobling barbs and internals. I don't consider barb nobling or internal nobling to be much fun, as such I quit playing when I no longer feel I have anything to lose (ie. my entire could gang up on me and not take a village).

Late-Game > Startup.

Have fun either nobling barbs or being nowhere near rank 1.

Last edited:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Nobling barbs? interesting i never tried that before.

Rank 1? 4 days late and im catching up, its new.

Catching up?

344 .John Travolta. PiXeL 647 1 647

Oh please.

27/10/2010 .John Travolta. PiXeL 408 +572 =1 +1,277 +1,277 -
26/10/2010 .John Travolta. PiXeL 955 +380 =1 +284 +284 -
25/10/2010 .John Travolta. Ninja 1186 +306 =1 +32 +32 -
24/10/2010 .John Travolta. Ninja 1745 +217 =1 - - -
23/10/2010 .John Travolta. Redeem 3350 106 1 - - -

24/10/2010 ALessonInPointWhoring LOOM 1 +1,252 =1 +1,712 +1,712 -
23/10/2010 ALessonInPointWhoring LOOM 1 +847 =1 +330 +330 -
22/10/2010 ALessonInPointWhoring LOOM 1 +485 =1 +92 +92 -
21/10/2010 ALessonInPointWhoring LOOM 4 +237 =1 - - -
20/10/2010 ALessonInPointWhoring None 560 93 1 - - -

Even with your 4 day start (your area is far less competitive than having rank 2 and 3 in your farming radius all through startup, trust me) your growth is not even half of mine. You're not 'catching up', you're moving along at the pace of a snail.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Catching up?

344 .John Travolta. PiXeL 647 1 647

Oh please.

27/10/2010 .John Travolta. PiXeL 408 +572 =1 +1,277 +1,277 -
26/10/2010 .John Travolta. PiXeL 955 +380 =1 +284 +284 -
25/10/2010 .John Travolta. Ninja 1186 +306 =1 +32 +32 -
24/10/2010 .John Travolta. Ninja 1745 +217 =1 - - -
23/10/2010 .John Travolta. Redeem 3350 106 1 - - -

24/10/2010 ALessonInPointWhoring LOOM 1 +1,252 =1 +1,712 +1,712 -
23/10/2010 ALessonInPointWhoring LOOM 1 +847 =1 +330 +330 -
22/10/2010 ALessonInPointWhoring LOOM 1 +485 =1 +92 +92 -
21/10/2010 ALessonInPointWhoring LOOM 4 +237 =1 - - -
20/10/2010 ALessonInPointWhoring None 560 93 1 - - -

Even with your 4 day start your growth is not even half of mine. You're not 'catching up', you're moving along at the pace of a snail.

A Snail who enjoys his sleep!

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Just two little things, when I said you and your mates can stomp you early game I was referring too the fact that accounts are co-played... Looks to me if your account is co-played you can hardly claim to be better than an account that isn't co-played... Sure you and your Co-players are better... but one on one... who knows...

As for barb nobling, in my very limited experience I've never done it simply becuase, taking W6 as an example, max bard points 3K... why noble for 3k when you can noble for more?!!?

Surely if you noble higher point villages you need to farm less?!!?

Oh, I can't count.. 3rd little thing... yep, effiecient farming is more important than amount of time spent farming... but if you've got two accounts with the same abilities to farm, which is going to be higher ranked? The co-played account or the solo account... you yourself pretty much admit that you co-play coz this world is speed 2, is that because you wouldn't be ranked #1 if you didn't?

I really really can't count.. never claimed that you claimed that you are the best player ever... just making a point... doesn't matter what forum you fall into it's always the same, the players of the game considered to be the best are judged by people who agree with their tactics and aims... which isn't a critisim of you, it's just a observation...

Ok you already know I can't count... but I've been part of rimming players with far more than 20 villages, yeah it's rare... and you have to do something stupid, really stupid, but if you have a well organised focused tribe against one person... they are gonna get rimmed...

And trust me, there are plenty of ways to take risks in the later game.. and personnally I prefer later game as it's less about a race and more about tribes...

DeletedUser

rimming players with 400 villages *insert dancing monkey here*

DeletedUser

[clt]Valid conversation guys and some good points being made, i think it should have its own thread instead of derailing the top 20 tribes thread.

Personally, i dont think anyone should downplay late game, as has been mentioned before, its only as boring as you make it. But also, strategy has a big part to play, you actually need to think, plan and improvise, start-up can also be just as boring if you choose to follow a pre-determined build path, stay out of trouble and farm 24/7. The game is only as boring as you make it, early or late game.[/clt]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Err, maybe for people who get top 5 on one world as a fluke. Several people, myself included, are top 5 during startup on any world we put the time into no matter what the settings are, and no matter what area we land in.

you're right.
i know what you're talking about.
have played many top 5 accounts on other worlds.
good startpositing helps, but it's not the point of being top 5

i can give you guys many good startpositions where there isnt even a top 50 player

Status
Not open for further replies.