Starting guide

DeletedUser

All right, I am tried of people asking me how to start and explaining it 1000 times. Therefore, I am going to get everything I look for in here; Less of a guide more a checklist. I am not going to spoon feed many answers, merely questions you should be asking yourself and a few tips. For each new step you should cross reference how you answer with the prior questions.

1) How active am I?
Should I be getting a co-player? Do you log in during 12 separate hours? Notice the key aspect 12 separate hours you do not need to be on 12 hours, just logged in 12 separate ones for 10-20 minutes.
Is my account 24/7? If so you need to look at your area to see if you can support hyperactive farming and low res mines.
1-2 hours a day? Don’t start core, start 3 weeks after a world has begun. And you should get a sitter or co-player, very few people can effectively start this way in the core, not until you have experience will you be able to.
2) Did I start in the rim or core?
Should be obvious if it’s the first two days of the world you will start out with very low buildings, if not you’ll start out with elevated buildings.
If it’s the core look around see any barbs or bonus villages? Where are they? Are they attached to another player? Does that player have a barracks and statue already? Will the villages be out of resources by the time you go to farm them?
If you think you are very close an no-one else will touch them, go 3 wood, 2 clay, 1 iron. If you are totally screwed for farms go as high as 12,7,2 maybe higher if need be. Remember to factor in question 1 when you decide this as well, activity plays a huge role.

Rim? you should up your res mines a bit but likely wont have to.
3) Okay, I am farming now. How many troops can my farms currently support? What type of troops does it support?
Are you getting a lot of near empty hauls? You should probably use either axe or sw to split your army. Again are you in the core or the rim? Rim you probably need nothing but spears, and if your hauls are good you perhaps do not need more than 60, it really comes down to one question. Is your res influx comfortable enough to build up your buildings and then research lc. If it is than just do what you do, if not here are some tricks. Use 5 sp + 2 sw per attack, perhaps 1 sp + 1 axe if you really need to go low. Maybe you need scouts because bp has ended and you need to get some good hauls. Just keep trying to get the % of your haul up so your troops are being effectively used.
4) Stable now what?(This is one of the few sections where it’s not questions it’s pretty straight forward)
I take a controversial stance on this, 9 times out of 10 I say you should skip scout if you are very active. Mainly because of the farming technique, I am going to introduce you to. Farm with 1-2 lc to all villages in your 15 by 15 for this you need to literally send constantly as soon as there is 1 lc in your village it should be out the door. It is critical that you also use the market constantly to get an influx of iron and sell your clay or wood for horrible ratio’s even if its 2:1 you want the iron. You should use your sp for further away larger hauls, constantly building lc. Note I suggest you halt all other productions until you have enough lc to maintain all of your ques easily, probably around 80-100 lc. At that point, research all the troops if you have missed any bar archers obviously. Then continue to just build up until you reach a good lc level to hq whore your little butt off. The fewer the buildings you build before you build your hq up the better.
Clearing? When and where well if you have a good income no-one, if you have a bad income and need more, well look at who is inactive, also look at whose odd went up, scout everyone. Then mail everyone see who wants a personal alliance, or just say hello check to see if they respond, and when they read it. In my opinion, it is best to make as little impact as possible on your area and make as many friends as possible. It is a turbulent time and cats and a few angry poor players can turn a good village into nothing very quickly if you fail to build defense and make good with the locals. With militia nowadays it is a very bad idea to clear an active player.
If you are less active go scouts so you can send your troops less constantly and still pick up good hauls, follow rest of advice above.
5) How do I hq whore?
What is my activity level? How many res am I getting? What level should I go to? If you are very active and getting good res, go as high as 27, if it is a speed lower than one go as high as 30. If you can’t get the res to support that go as low as 20, if you don’t have the activity to support that go as low as 20.
How should I be farming now? Scout then SRE, or calculate lc needed to be sent per hour and bm the links to send every hour. I suggest the first.
What should I put in-between hq levels? Depends on what you want, barracks, walls, market, farms and warehouses is probably the best solution avoid barracks and stable at all costs. I like market and wall, so that I can defend attacks and trade.
6) When do I smithy rush?
Are there local threats? What troop levels do you think you need? Do you have enough defense and offense for your tribe and self? Am I overly active and can support extensive farming of smaller closer villages in order to cluster up effectively? Coin or packet world? Coin world you can get a train easily if your farming is good and do not need highly developed targets, packet world you need 2 villages at least to make a train and need highly developed targets. Do I have tribe mates to work with? If so you should always co-train and decide together, you should also and I stress this hugely always have defense for you and your tribe mates.

All righty that’s about as far as I’m getting today, if you all like the format and content I shall continue to further aspects and facets of the game. Mind you this is supposed to skip things, I do not want to spoon feed you, just get you all thinking in the right direction.

DeletedUser

Good guide, I had something very similar in forums in TuToR.

DeletedUser3312

Good checklist +rep.

Though would consider seperating the questions and answers a little more.

DeletedUser

Decent guide ! .. although this might not be for beginners, rather people who already played 1 world.