Sub second noble trains

DeletedUser

Is there a way of telling what lvl of connection is required to send a 100ms train for example?

DeletedUser

and how would you find this information out? or is it unmeasureable? (im not very good technically with stuff!)

DeletedUser

It will also differ depending on the location of the website. Like tribalwars.co.uk for example. Lets say the server is hosted in the UK, and you live in the UK. But another person living in America visits the server. You will get a faster connection than the other guy because you are closer to the server.

If you go to Start > Run > type in "cmd"
Or for Vista+ Just start and type in "cmd"
Type in "ping tribalwars.co.uk" and it will output something similar to this.

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 39ms, Maximum = 40ms, Average = 39ms

DeletedUser

ok. thanks alot for your help, very much appreciated :-D

DeletedUser

Don't worry just got 3 attacks in 1 millisecound hehehehe

iohve8.jpg

2u3y71h.jpg

DeletedUser

Not really, has more to do with your connection's latency than anything else.

You're forgetting that some providers offer nice pings, but with a lot of packet loss. Packet loss will result in poor performance as well.

DeletedUser

No, that was exactly why I suggested http://www.pingtest.net as it tests both packet loss and ping times.

Can't you ever see that you're wrong when it's clear that you are..? Apparently not. You did not include packet loss as a problem, hence why I said you forgot to mention it. I could care less about the results the site gives, since you did not mark it as a problem, the unexperienced user wouldn't take notice of it and would not consider it a problem thus leaving them sitting with the problem unable to figure out what it is!

DeletedUser

The grade your connection receives is inadequate for a good judging on what is actually wrong. Your ping could be fine and the unexperienced user would look at and say 'well the 'pro' told me that ping was the only thing that could influence the speed... But my ping is fine, yet my trains are bad, I must be cursed :'(' Or do you think the letter will be an F if you have a great ping but a lot of packet loss? Well, let me answer that, no it won't be. It will respond that your connection is good for the average user, adding only to the confusion of most people.

It's funny how people who's ego I hurt fail to make a point, instead personally attack me. You can stand at the back of the queue, I'll be waiting.

DeletedUser

The router at my mums was awful, i cudnt play Counter strike without jumping back and forth like lag. But when i pinged servers and tested the line, everything was fine. I even had Virgin around to fix the problem, they fixed something, but it wasnt packet loss! It took a fair amount of research on Google to discover the real problem, the causes and solutions. Thankfully i got a new router when i moved out so i havent had any problems since lol.

DeletedUser

I dont think ping is such a important factor here (atleast when making train attacks). Packet loss would be much more of a concern.

Reason : when you click on 4-5 attack buttons, they all are adding same xxx ms to your timings. So difference between them would still be only dependent on your click delays.

Sniping would still be a problem with bad pings though.

DeletedUser8409

Firefox delays the tab change for at least a second after i click ok. So i really dont see how you could.

in firefox u can send 4 or 5 attacks with a 100ms diference from eatch one

Don't worry just got 3 attacks in 1 millisecound hehehehe

iohve8.jpg

2u3y71h.jpg

were do u see the 1 ms differnce? we dont.
we only see its at the same second.
1 second have 1000 ms

Last edited by a moderator: