SUB SECOND TRAINS

DeletedUser

I am having great difficulty sending sub second trains.
I use a laptop with touch pad. I use Internet Explorer and am not allowed to download any other browser.
I have tried opening 4 windows, placing the windows next to each other and clicking on the OK buttons one after the other as quickly as I can. I can only manage sub 4 second trains. This is not good enough.
Does anyone know a better way with Internet Explorer?? Please
Regards
Roly

DeletedUser

tabs.
Open 4 tabs, and hold ctrl ,and go click tab, click tab, click tab...until all attacks are sent. I can get <1 sec trains that way. I would suggest getting soem otehr browser though, it helps.

DeletedUser

Thanks Zard. I have been right clicking on the vill then clicking on "open in new window". Then I click send troops. Then I fill the troops in and click "attack".
I do all this 4 times. Then I line all the windows up next to each other and click "OK" on each of them as quick as I can but cant get below 3 secs.
Can you explain exactly what you mean by using "tabs". Could you explain the whole process as though you were speaking to a retard. lol (really)

DeletedUser

Well, I've had 50 views but no answers. Anyone can help me out if you can please.

DeletedUser

Hey rolymalyk,

Truth is I.E simply is a horrible horrible browser, you can however maybe get your trains down to about 1 second depending on your settings.

From the map view, click on the villa you wish to attack, on send troops press and hold down ctrl and shift do this once for each attack you intend to send.

Now what you do is fill out the required troop amounts and then click attack, then hit the tab key, "you will now notice the ok button is now highlighted. Now repeat and rinse for all subsequent attacks. Now once you are ready to attack from the 1st window position you fingers above tab ctrl and have the mouse cursor above ok in the first window, now click ok as you tab through the attacks, using cntl tab.

PS practice is necessary to be able to send fast trains regardless of browser, but for I.E you really need to practice.

DeletedUser

If youve got internet explorer 7 or newer, you will have tabs.

1. Click on the village you want to attack.

2. Right click on the "Send Troops" option and click "Open Link In New Tab" (if you dont have this option, you'd better use "Open Link In New Window".

3. Repeat the above untill you have all the attacks you want in new tabs/windows. Fill the troop numbers.

4. Click on the Attack button and it should show you a final window with the option OK

5. Instead of just clicking OK, right click it so that it is highlighted or there is a little dotted box around it. (depending on version)

6. Do the above in every window.

a. If youve got it in tabs, press enter CTRL + TAB on youre keyboard to switch tabs.

Should be like this:ENTER - CTRL + TAB - ENTER - CTRL + TAB - ENTER etc.

b. If youre in windows, maximise all the windows. Now do the same as above, but use ALT + TAB - ENTER.

+rep if i helped.:)

DeletedUser

If youve got internet explorer 7 or newer, you will have tabs.

1. Click on the village you want to attack.

2. Right click on the "Send Troops" option and click "Open Link In New Tab" (if you dont have this option, you'd better use "Open Link In New Window".

3. Repeat the above untill you have all the attacks you want in new tabs/windows. Fill the troop numbers.

4. Click on the Attack button and it should show you a final window with the option OK

5. Instead of just clicking OK, right click it so that it is highlighted or there is a little dotted box around it. (depending on version)

6. Do the above in every window.

a. If youve got it in tabs, press enter CTRL + TAB on youre keyboard to switch tabs.

Should be like this:ENTER - CTRL + TAB - ENTER - CTRL + TAB - ENTER etc.

b. If youre in windows, maximise all the windows. Now do the same as above, but use ALT + TAB - ENTER.

+rep if i helped.:)

That would work if you have quick and clever fingers but youre almost sure to make a mistake clicking cntrl + tab. Its much easier with say opera, you just click enter enter 2...

IE is a great browser. But if your planning to send trains you need to get a better one.

DeletedUser

Lies, lies I tell you IE is a really really slow incompatible browser, it lacks all the best features of Good browsers.
If you have any choice get rid of it :)

Its off topic but it depends on what you use the browser for, if your just looking at web pages IE isn't that bad.
For noble trains opera is best, then firefox then IE.
Personally though i can't use opera its just laggy on my computer.

On topic the method PB explained works when doing it through tabs, i didn't try it with different windows but its the same method so would work. It also works in Firefox and aslong as your quick fingered (which takes practice) then you can get some pretty fast trains.

DeletedUser14

Its off topic but it depends on what you use the browser for, if your just looking at web pages IE isn't that bad.
No seriously its crap for everything, crap JavaScript engine, crap CSS engine, way to slow, crap, did I mention crap?

But seriously, I just tested how long it took IE to open a new tab in comparison to firefox.
IE took 2 seconds to just open the blank tab,
Firefox opened instantly.

I don't see much of a reason for people to download google chrome or firefox and replace IE as their browser.
Some parents may not allow their children to download one, but you could convince them to use something better as their main browser, or even talk to your IT dept about it.

DeletedUser

For noble trains opera is best, then firefox then IE.
Personally though i can't use opera its just laggy on my computer.

On topic the method PB explained works when doing it through tabs, i didn't try it with different windows but its the same method so would work. It also works in Firefox and aslong as your quick fingered (which takes practice) then you can get some pretty fast trains.

Actually it's, Opera > Chrome > Firefox > Safari > IE > random

For sending trains that is, for everything else, Chrome is the big winner. :)

DeletedUser

Ohhh, well you should really try Chrome, it's core is different than that of other browsers, who simply kept on adding stuff, chrome started from nothing and they put it in a lot of inventive ideas. Version 4 should be out relatively soon now, it will come with Bookmark synchronization. :)

DeletedUser14

Chrome is still lacking in some areas, I have to say I love it for its starting speed though. If I was in a rush I would open Chrome instead of firefox.
But I still don't like it as my preferred browser, if I leave out the fact that firefox is the best browser for developing, it just has a nicer feel to it.
And the flashing white screen on chrome just wrecks my head.

Also the fact the google feels the need to force you to install Chrome in a secret place on your computer is a little worrying......

DeletedUser

lol, you'd think it's easy to hack into your laptop through chrome with it hidden

DeletedUser

Chrome is still lacking in some areas, I have to say I love it for its starting speed though. If I was in a rush I would open Chrome instead of firefox.
But I still don't like it as my preferred browser, if I leave out the fact that firefox is the best browser for developing, it just has a nicer feel to it.
And the flashing white screen on chrome just wrecks my head.

Also the fact the google feels the need to force you to install Chrome in a secret place on your computer is a little worrying......

Flashing....white screen??

Personally, Firefox feels sluggish compared to Chrome for me :S Not to mention that the entire browers often freezed when using a javascript for eg recruiting troops. In chrome, it will take less time, but will also leave your other tabs unaffected.

But I suppose it's all a matter of personal feeling.

DeletedUser14

Flashing....white screen??

Personally, Firefox feels sluggish compared to Chrome for me :S Not to mention that the entire browers often freezed when using a javascript for eg recruiting troops. In chrome, it will take less time, but will also leave your other tabs unaffected.

But I suppose it's all a matter of personal feeling.
The flashing white screen is when you load a page, Chrome clears the page completely, so goes white, then starts to render the new page, where as firefox and the rest don't seem to do it the same way, they keep the CSS loaded or something, so it don't flash:)

And yeah its a little slower than Chrome, but I think its nicer and my laptop has no problems running firefox, even when I do be writing and testing scripts, but I do know what you mean!!

DeletedUser

FireFox > Chrome

Chrome is:

• ABout the same speed for loading pages as FireFox (I've found pages to occasionally load quicker in FireFox).
  • There aren't any add-ons yet for Chrome, once we see add-ons available for Chrome my gut feeling is that Chrome will end up being visibly slower than FireFox.
  • Chrome is memory hungry, once you get beyond a few windows/tabs chrome uses more memory than Firefox.
I've never tried Safari or Opera. It will be interesting to see what IE9 is like when it eventually comes out (I've heard that IE9 is already in development).