Technical Advantage

DeletedUser

Why is there no technical advantage rule on the UK server?

Surely if it's illegal to send attacks on .net in under 150ms it should be here

DeletedUser

nope, I think I saw tracey write somewhere once that she doesn't think that rule is sensible as it punishes good players cause many good players can get noble trains under that time, so she removed it

EDIT:
thx adam, i knew i read it somewhere

DeletedUser

[tt]We do not have the script rule on .uk the reason for this is simple legal trains can easily be sent under that time, and i for one dont see why people who are good at the game should be punished when they have done nothing wrong. [/tt]

From this thread.

DeletedUser

That's insane

You can only send trains at that speed if you are using a technical advantage and yes I know how to do it

If that's the case why have the rule on the main .net sever - which I assumed was the main daddy sever for the game

I am utterly gobsmacked

DeletedUser

I know a lot of players who can send trains under 150ms without much trouble.

And the rule is on .net because the TW Team thinks it's needed because of the amount of cheaters there, if we get a bigger amount of cheaters we will probably get a restriction to.

DeletedUser

It's not about cheating it's about using the technical advantages of a particular browser in sending commands

DeletedUser

That's cheating :icon_neutral:.

Did you really think it was needed to bump the other thread? I mean, you could have kept the conversation in only one thread.

DeletedUser

That's cheating :icon_neutral:.

Did you really think it was needed to bump the other thread? I mean, you could have kept the conversation in only one thread.

So are you saying the use of Opera is cheating?

DeletedUser

Nope, opera is how u send trains, its completely legal to use opera to send liek 60ms trains, y would that be cheating?

DeletedUser

Not at all. I might have missunderstood you. How would you do it?

DeletedUser

Its not that Opera offers any method that gives a truly unfair advantage, it just offers less lag. Using Opera doesn't automatically give you 150 ms trains, it just lets you send trains at the speed you can move your hands. Those who can hit keys on their keyboard quicker get faster trains. If Opera wasn't here to help us send at the time we are fully capable of sending, there'd be a different browser to do it. In ending, its not like its hard to stop a 150ms train anyways.

DeletedUser

You use the browser to hold the command and send all 4 instructions simultaniously

I was shown how to do it many moons ago but have never used it as it was quickly banned in .net

I've just been shown 4 attacks landing in under 150ms and that would be the only way I know of to send attacks that quickly

It's physically impossible to click or press keys that quickly otherwise

DeletedUser

The opera method of sending millisecond noble trains was banned on .net? I don't think so, it is the most popular way of doing it and is perfectly legal. What is wrong with filling in the attack but waiting to click the "OK" button. The attacks aren't sent simultaneously, but using keyboard shortcuts and pressing Enter-2-Enter-2 etc they can be sent in very quick succession. What is illegal about that?

DeletedUser

I'm sure the opera method is legal on .net, haven't people like servy even linked to the guide :/

DeletedUser

it's the timing that was illegal

It is illegal to send a string of 4 commands consecutively in less then 150 ms.

Now if that's legal here it is not skill that does it as I saw claimed - it's using a technical advantage as the only way to do this is setting up external commands in your browser - the 2 enter method will get you your train in under 1 second but if anyone can get it under 150ms I would be bloody impressed to actually see it done and see it done with any consistency

Yes they can still be blocked but sniping them (a real game skill) becomes next to impossible and a random event as you have no idea when the command will hit the server so you cannot time the defences

All they are saying by allowing this is we don't mind some players using technical advantages over other players despite the staff at .net realising this was using external to the game software to influence the outcome of the game

DeletedUser

The opera method of sending millisecond noble trains was banned on .net? I don't think so, it is the most popular way of doing it and is perfectly legal. What is wrong with filling in the attack but waiting to click the "OK" button. The attacks aren't sent simultaneously, but using keyboard shortcuts and pressing Enter-2-Enter-2 etc they can be sent in very quick succession. What is illegal about that?

The Enter-2-Enter-2 method is legal, I've seen many tribes tell their members to get opera purely for that method.

Else they should all really be reported... but I'm very confident that it's legal.

DeletedUser

[th]strabrahide, you're talking about pipelining the commands, which needs to change the browser's standard settings. That's agains the rules. Period.

Sending a train in less than 150 ms is perfectly valid and also perfectly possible without cheating. Open a blank textfile on your PC, hit two keys alternating for 1 second. Count the chars. As soon as you reach 7 at least, you're redy to send a train in less than 150 ms.

On a sarcastical sidenote: According to your posting, we'll have to think about a rule like "only 1 command per 5 seconds". Because I've heard, there are people with cellphones, playing this game, who cannot send commands faster than that. I don't want you to have any technical advantage over them, just because you have a keyboard and a better connection...[/th]

DeletedUser

Sorry you are missing the point or, as usual, I am not explaining myself well (sigh)

I have no qualms with the 2 enter method - thats fine but that will not produce 150ms noble trains is my contention

for example I have seen nobles timed at

These attacks would be illegal on .net as you cannot get that with the 2 enter method

You can only get that with setting up external commands in your browser to send attacks which is using your browser to gain a technical advantage over you opponent

Does that make sense?

DeletedUser

[th]strabrahide, you're talking about pipelining the commands, which needs to change the browser's standard settings. That's agains the rules. Period.

Sending a train in less than 150 ms is perfectly valid and also perfectly possible without cheating. Open a blank textfile on your PC, hit two keys alternating for 1 second. Count the chars. As soon as you reach 7 at least, you're redy to send a train in less than 150 ms.

On a sarcastical sidenote: According to your posting, we'll have to think about a rule like "only 1 command per 5 seconds". Because I've heard, there are people with cellphones, playing this game, who cannot send commands faster than that. I don't want you to have any technical advantage over them, just because you have a keyboard and a better connection...[/th]

Ah ha a man who knows the technical terms - apologies for my luddite terminology

OK - so how do you tell the difference between pipelining the commands and the 2 enter method?

And thanks for the sarcasm - I needed to have my day lightened :)