TFF V The Shroud Wearers: MOTD! (no seriously)

• Thread starter DeletedUser5582
  • Start date

DeletedUser5582

Ok is a longer version than normal so will post in smaller chunks! Was mentioned a while back that maybe UK3 should be decided by a football match (rubbish idea as personally hate roundball but meh)

But did think um what if such a match took place!

So got typing! Hope you enjoy

Ok so has been mentioned that a football match be done between TFF and the Shroud Wearers so I of course got the TFF cameras out and about to see how such a match would play out!

Now I know only one football fact so bear with me on this and thank you to those that helped me with the terminology. Of course this is fictional but would like to thank W3's newest tribe JoSux who kindly sponsored the match programme!

Disclaimer: None of this is real!

So ladies and gentlefolk welcome to City of Sepulchre Stadium home of Shroud Wearers FC for the match between the table toppers TFF United and perennial also rans Shroud Wearers FC! Not since Dec 1914 has such a match been done and am sure today history will be made (sort of)

So as our camera swoops (is an oldie but I like it) over the ground we can see the crowd begin to swell and as I head into the commentary box have been handed the team sheets as the TFF coach rolls in!

Down in the Away changing room Manager Reggie unloads a few lorry loads of tactic notes and sets up his chalk board for the game ahead. Checking his copious notes he begins to scribble furiously not noticing The Dan levitating in through the door whilst humming the Flight of the Condor to himself for his new CD entitled “ The Dan Hums the Cheesy Shopping Centre Classics” which will be in Amazon bargain bucket bins shortly. The Dan seeing Reggie's tactic sheet (which makes Gibbons Rise and Fall of The Roman Empire look like a note left by the milkman) turns a tad pale and rummages in his kitbag for some ear muffs. The rest of the TFF team wander in...

The Ed has found his old school football kit from the 1930's and eying Reggie's chalk board hopefully starts warming up by sipping some Ovaltine and rubbing himself with Tiger Balm (Mitchnom goes blind). Larger than Expected Dan is rushing around with his I Heart Scotland strip gabbling about Archie Gemmel (Note: I have no idea who archie gemmel is but apparently is a legend in scottish roundball?!) The Second Coming of The Power limbers up by drinking some beers and Whitey is screaming at himself in the mirror and trying to offload some clay. Stefan is hugging himself and the two Fanatiks are snoozing each with one eye open in the corner.

Reggie's glamorous assistant wanders in with another pile of notes which she stashes under some coats hoping he won't notice and then sits down dreaming up better names for her UK9 acc....

Gary is calmly ordering his kit and making sure all is place and neat and tidy and Groundman is hurriedly checking the turf outside and tutting at the use of only two grass strains and lack of sheep urine (mail him about this as am saying no more about Dave and his lawn cures) as Zam plays Ping Pong in the corner dreaming of cake. Rizzles covered in bruises plots revenge with Billy and Skip whilst Lemon preps the TFF half time fare (popcorn not allowed).

Over in the Home dressing room things are not going quite so well..... AcheronOne strides in with his American Football Gear on (name tags sown in by his Mum) with a Ferret on his shoulder with a sack labeled sword fakes and expecting his minions to gaze at him adoringly as usual is shocked to see them start laughing at him. Plonking down his sits on the inactive subs bench AcheronOne pulls out his team talk and switches off his Hot Girls thread to make sure they listen to him. “Dang it Guys you're not even dressed properly for this tussle with them there TFF nubs where are your helmets and shoulder pads as we don;t wanna get hurt and these guys play rough?”

“um boss is proper football not the stop start game in the states?” says siroXel26 putting down his Barb Nobling For Beginners handbook and glancing enviously at his signed poster of Trairii2d on the wall. “Is what you guys called soccer which may explain why you are slightly overdressed!”

“what!” roared AcheronOne scaring his furry co from his shoulder to scamper inside his trousers for safety (Mitchnom goes blind) “have they tricked me again! Yesterday they had me building nukes with just 1 sp and now they say football and mean soccer! Damn them Damn them all! No matter we can beat them at soccer” and hurling his helmet onto the floor he raised an eyebrow at Mr. Chief who was nervously flicking through What Marriage décor magazine and pretending he understood and whispered “this is the game with the offside rule so could you explain please?”

4hrs later

“really” said AcheronOne “ok so that sounds simple enough ok guys lets get ready to do this ok so positions who wants to be in defense and watched aghast as all of Death immediately raised their hands. “No some of us have to be upfront! Dang it ok I'll go up front and IamNotRussian (see what I did there huh!) And Hylander with me as you can goal hang as normal. Sorry what did you say SilentWarrior?”

I said I'm scared

“speak up” yelled the shroud wearers and Silent warrior merely shook his head and shuffled his feet.

“right goalkeeper? Um how about Siro” grumbled AcheronOne

“no too weedy and gets distracted by Triarri too easily so if in shorts could be a disaster for us” said Mondeao

“Chiefy?” suggested Brochan lying on the bench gasping as a new player was being inserted into his battered frame'

“um no too strung out about what invite cards to send out minds not on the job” sighed AcheronOne dragging Furry out of his trousers and placing him on the floor

“Not Mastered Counting” said Siro day dreaming about being taken seriously

“too deleted” snarled AcheronOne

I'll go in goal “ said SilentWarrior but no one paid him any attention and eventually it was decided that Nina, Tobytyke, New Brochan, Mastered Counting Star and the oddly named GrahamPaulKelly would all go in goal and lie on top of one another in a giant stack to keep it safe.

“Ok” said AcheronOne warming to his task, “soccer is easy so we stack the goal and all will be well. Myself and IamNotRussian and Hylander will be up front say by the centre circle and the rest of you if you see a TFF player just jump on each other in a giant heap capiche!”

“CAPICHE” roared the Shroud Wearers (well except SilentWarrior) who noiselessly nipped over to the snack bar and munching on a young barb whispered “capiche

Chapter two coming very soon!

DeletedUser7342

24_002.gif
Excellent story!!!

DeletedUser

I don't use tiger balm, its spry chrisp and dry, so get your facts right.

DeletedUser1728

This Fanatik was so half asleep that I read yesterday and only posting today...

Although that may be due to the shock factor of disturbing images of Ed oiling his torso in crisp n dry while thumbing through battered copies of anglers wives.

Great story Jo! Side's still hurting from the giggling - you should do a collection and publish them. Looking forward to part 2.

DeletedUser5528

Very good story there Jo, Have to say it does seem to ring true from a TFF perspective of how uk3 seems to be going.

DeletedUser

I read this last night I have only recently stopped laughing.

DeletedUser5582

Ok Chapter 2 is here. Hope you enjoy

Part 2:

Disclaimer: None of this real!

As both teams made their final preparations our camera swoops (sorry sorry I will not stop doing that) to the TFF changing where folks are looking aghast as Reggie goes through his numerous chalk board diagrams and reads out the positions.... All were happy with their roles but even Reggie nervously said to Whitey he could go anywhere he liked and in fact if we all looked at Page 493 subsection 4 we would clearly see that this had been factored in to our TFF training! Only Reggie's glamorous assistant (who has perfected the I am awake smile when Reggie is holding forth) seemed to take it all in her stride as she went through her UK9 names... Sap Hunter?! No too scary, Sap Killer, yuk too sticky, Sap....heheheh got it!)

So with The Dan practicing his swooping, Ed reliving historical games when he could still break into a brisk trot and Whiteby having been distracted with some raw steak and the promise of iron the TFF team were ready!

Over in the Shroud Wearer changing rooms there was, alas, a last minute panic or two!

Most of the Shroud Wearers were gathered round the inert form of Alex43 who has suddenly gone inactive.

"fit do yer mean he's nae movin'” said Mondeao, “He wiz movin afar fan we gave him the new mannie. No, divnae dee that, nae the noo, nae afor the big game” and secretly whipping his (Mitchnom goes blind) Iphone out surreptitiously began checking his W7 acc the odd small sob escaping unnoticed from his lips muttering retribution on tribes unknown (well Knk but meh)

(ty Reggie for the Aberdeenshire translation and have to say his rates are very reasonable!)

AcheronOne was glowering in the corner glaring at the frozen form of Alex and nervously repeating the offside rule to himself and then was shocked to see the changing room door open and his favourite TFF player Lightyjo saunter in (ok ok is fairer to say am in his top 27 favourite TFF players but secretly he loves me!). Unable to speak from the effort of sucking his stomach in (and going an alarming shade of beetroot red) he watched aghast as your scribe marched up to Alex banged the prone form with an axe (quickly removing some villas whilst doing so) then watched as the shock of this brought the new Alex round. Flashing at smile at Furry and handing Siro an old I Heart Triarii2D (smelling vaguely of Lenor) wandered off again.

AcheronOne woke up to a anxious Ferret looking over him, “think you passed out from lack of oxygen there Boss but is ok she never noticed your flab cough muscle which is why you got rimmed from the Playboy Mansion and had to go to the gym and..”

“silence co player who clicks for me!” roared AcheronOne then frantically whispering “No one needs to know of why I had to leave youknowwhere but if anyone asks was an accident capiche!”

Then getting to his feet nodded to the door and led his tribe out onto the pitch muttering “they will not defeat me again” over and over again. Standing at the centre circle with Hylander he looked back and could just make out the rest of the Shroud Wearers all in a giant stack in the far distance and smiling at Hylander bent down and snatched up a young barb nestling in the grass and slapping a note saying oh what the heck build spears passed it to his furry sidekick to deal with. Ignoring the young barbs shrieks of terror as it screamed, “but I wanted to build axes and see the K's of Uk3 no no don't Furry nooooooooo!” he looked up to see the TFF nubs trot onto the pitch.

The Dan decked out in headband and beads swooped past dropping off the ball as Whitey pointed at some Shroud Wearer screaming “you're mine!” as The Ed oiled up and tucking his copy of Miss November and her sea bass into his back pocket contemplating touching his toes to warm up then thought better of it. Reggie was giving last minute advice to any TFF member nearby and the Second Coming of The Power was limbering up and looking intently at the distant stacks of Shroud Wearers.

Seren was in her best chainmail bikini and was rubbing sleep out of her eyes and grinning at the stacks of nukes ready to go out and her co Kmesh was pretending was still asleep so he didn't have to send them!

Pavlina strode onto the pitch in her referee outfit and gave a quick talk to the still breathless AcheronOne and The Dan (faintly humming the BOGOF offers from Morrison's supermarket soft rock dub mix) “Now lets make this clean, no playing with your sits, no axes (glaring at Seren who was hiding hers behind her back) and no laughing at Belstars nukes and looking at Ed no naughty villa names” Ed, with his best “who me” look tried to smile and then nudged Groundman who was still inspecting the grass and hadn't realised the game was about to start. Pavlina glanced at The Dan hovering over the centre circle and cried, “no flying either” and watched as The Dan swooped back to the earth. “right off we go” and with that The Dan started the match.

The game started well for the TFF nubs who were able to move round the stacks of Shroud Wearers with ease. Poor Alex43 still moving slowly was repeating bashed on the head and quickly shrinking in size as great chunks were torn from him (to howls of anguish from the Shroud Wearer cheerleaders from AFA and the Children of the Revolution though Angelbear in her outfit caused Reggie to run into the advertising hoardings...)

The Shroud Wearer cause was not helped by Chiefy looking for Pixies in the grass then spotting the lovely Kath waving at him in the stands. He stood still and watched as she held up two table decorations and mouthed at him “I Love you chiefy but we only have 3 hrs to order these the red or the blue!”

Thinking both looked ok he shouted “the red one!” and then watched in astonishment as Kath frowned and mouthed back “oh I thought blue” and watched in horror as she produced another magazine and started checking other designs.

Looking up he was too late to see Ed huff and puff past him and round the last Shroud Wearer stack pick out Alex and tap the ball into the net. Pulling his shirt over his head he then began to celebrate but unsure of his direction wandered off down the tunnel where AcheronOne quick as a flash scattered Fishing magazines and shut the door. The TFF nubs not noticing their aged hero was now admiring carp waited for the game to restart.

Hylander and AcheronOne after having Mondeao's scouting report translated by Reggie then made their move. Going for TFF players who were showing signs of RL enjoyment they quickly made their way up the pitch. With only Rizzles and Skip between them AcheronOne put his fingers to his lips and whistled for his faithful Ferret. Furry threw a cloud of sword fakes into the air then switched the lights off in the stadium then back on and when the TFF players recovered the ball was mysteriously in their net. Pavlina blew for a goal and waving off The Dan's protests said, “NB is fine make friends with Australians stop moaning”

So the game went on. Crunching tackles from Hunskelper had The Dan grimacing for a bit whilst Ed having left his magazines and returned to the game made light of his lack of pace and used his experience to get other TFF players through on goal (whitey missed a sitter and refused to move). Reggie was everywhere, coaching, lecturing, encouraging and making tackles and scoring goals though with one eye on Angel who was running the stadium bar with an angry bear glaring at everyone. The Second Coming of the Power made Alex look ordinary and AcheronOne was frantically looking for a substitute and so missed an easy header and watched with horror a certain goal turn into a TFF score at the other end.

When the Shroud Wearers looked ok against motionless TFF players the Ed simply released a small barb by the corner flag which distracted them and allowed TFF to recover and AcheronOne watched with horror as one by one the motionless TFF players were swallowed up by the active ones “OMG theres no way through now look at them as the new TFF players (some burping with over eating) began to cut through the Shroud Wearer ranks (some nipped off into the crowd to drag some AFA cheerleaders out onto the pitch too!

As the half time whistle went AcheronOne looked with dismay at his battered team as they wandered back to the dressing room, Alex propped up could barely walk, his new signings not making the impact he had hoped for, new Brochan was quieter than SilentWarrior in a library and whilst he smiled when Hunskelper trotted past him that curdled when he saw how many of his team had spotless strips still on and had clearly been avoiding the game.

Still mused AcheronOne I have Furry so no clicking for me as he wandered back up the tunnel thinking hard about how he could turn this around...

Chapter three will follow!

DeletedUser5582

ok will do the other half but I hate roundball! Feel free Uk3 players to pm me with some inspiration and will try and include all your suggestions as to how the second half should end!

Acheron covered in sits re creating The Great Escape? Chiefy oil painting maybe? Furry not nobling a barb?! (no that is silly) or Ed getting a second wind and getting man of the match? Stefan winning best nuke comp AND best recipe?!

You decide!

DeletedUser

ok will do the other half but I hate roundball! Feel free Uk3 players to pm me with some inspiration and will try and include all your suggestions as to how the second half should end!

Acheron covered in sits re creating The Great Escape? Chiefy oil painting maybe? Furry not nobling a barb?! (no that is silly) or Ed getting a second wind and getting man of the match? Stefan winning best nuke comp AND best recipe?!

You decide!

I may indeed do an oil painting in the center cicle, but it will be of Pele, George Best (sober version), and Eric Cantona complete with sea gulls (and we all know what that means) and they will al be on our side, oh yes.

Ps

Jo kath says you are ace, therefore, if a little reluctantly, for self preservation I must agree lol

DeletedUser5582

I will score an own goal, because I like nuking tribemates :)
such as Jo for example rofl

oh how I laughed!

Sally is best at that....

No for me Larger Than Expected Dan is peerless in this as he does it consistently and Sally at least mails you whereas Larger Than Expected Dan denies everything then giggles then wanders off to have a team talk from The Dan about how to build walls.

Sigh

Ok Shroud Wearers time is ticking if you want to add something to the second half of this match. All ideas included as is a bit of fun for all of us.

Silent Warrior you may convey your instructions/tips to me in the medium of dance if you so wish :icon_eek:

DeletedUser8856

Longest half time I've ever seen :icon_rolleyes:

Love it so far though.

Siro

DeletedUser

Nearly as long as added time when Man Utd need a goal..........

DeletedUser7797

The half time band have worn ruts in the pitch marching back and forth.

I have eaten 147 Ginsters and had 139 cups of Bovril.

The penalty shoot out between the local boys teams has reached 391 - 745

One of the cheerleaders just received her telegram from the Queen for reaching 100.

DeletedUser5582

lololololol

Ginsters ugh but seriously donlt be rude about Seren's age or she will get cross I think.

I would write it but very busy and also lacking inspiration and still in shock that roundball has started again.

I need ideas so feel free to pm me ingame but as it stands this is done as am footballed out sorry :icon_cry: