The Bomberboy Report

• Thread starter DeletedUser12806
  • Start date

DeletedUser12806

The Bomberboy Report

Bomber_Boy_Cartoon.jpg

Welcome everyone to the Bomberboy Report. Would like to start out by saying I would like to make this a weekly thing and strongly encourage feedback and suggestions via PM or adding me on skype. Okay lets hop right into it. In this weeks report we have a couple things in store for you viewers.

- My top 5 tribes with the most potential. (with map)
- Interview with Just Dreamy of Press
- What to look for in upcoming weekly news updates

My top 5 tribes with the most potential

Screen_Shot_2014_03_01_at_9.png

Number 1: Clearly got to be Press

Screen_Shot_2014_03_01_at_9_14_00_PM.png

We can start off by looking at the map and seeing out of these top 5 tribes they have the best spread. With a world so small and a 30 member limit they have it pretty well split into two K's and should have trouble doing well in both K's. My two negative comment I really have on this tribe is most of the players are known to be start up players only, and they have 67 tribe changes in the first 3 days of the world (kind of a bunch of tribe changes if you ask me). Others are known to not play much father than mid-game. So It will be interesting to see if this tribe actually contends in the long haul or if they are only here to dominate start up. Great players, great location, I.B might put up an early world fight but only time will tell if they can stop this start up tribe or not.

Number 2: WD (Widget)

Screen_Shot_2014_03_01_at_9_43_46_PM.png

Widget has a tough location. Three of my predicted top 5 tribes to do well are in the Northwest. They have a solid spread and a good cluster with a decent amount of ODA though which tells me people around them are spiking them and targeting them. With 37 tribe changes I would say they have pretty stable leadership. I recognize a couple players in this tribe including nibbler from W17. I expect this tribe to do very well in the early going and don't be shocked if they are here late game. I don't really have anything negative to say about this tribe though.

Number 3: I.B (Inglorious Bastrds)
Screen_Shot_2014_03_01_at_11_36_10_PM.png

Inglorious Bastrds I would have put 2nd if it wasn't for the member list of Widget. Widget's members list was pretty impressive. Inglorious Bastrds though have a very good location, very good spread, and very low member rate. I also know a couple members in this tribe very well could be a pre-made also. Overall I see Inglorious Bastrds lasting a while as long as they can get past the early nobling stage fights with Press.

Number 4:WAR! (We are ready !)
Screen_Shot_2014_03_01_at_11_43_31_PM.png

WAR! is my tribe so I won't say much about them besides what impressed to join them. I was impressed with their low member count, their leader won W14 which showed hes not just a start up player and finished worlds (unlike most of Press) They have a solid location )specially for me) they also have a selective recruiting with only 20 members which is a tribe I want to be apart of. Overall I have high expectations for this tribe and see a very bright future for them if they can get past the very tough start up with a tough Northwest.

Number 5: .:TD:. (Total Darkness)
Screen_Shot_2014_03_02_at_12_07_39_AM.png

Total Darkness I honestly put on here because I wanted five tribes. Really though I dont see them lasting long. I put both Widget and WAR! above them skill wise, position wise and leadership wise. I know Total Darkness has a council, most tribes with councils don't last (at least from my experience) Will be interested to see how the do against Widget and WAR! though of course after BP ends. 26 members, no tribe changes which is good. Shows they ether put faith in their recruits or their recruits are doing well. Also very well could be a pre-made don't know to much about them overall.

Interview with Just Dreamy(Duke of Press)

Bomberboy: Question Number 1:
Why did you decide to lead a tribe on W19, and what are you expectations for the early going?

Just Dreamy: I had only restarted on W73 and seen the settings for UK19. Decided to make a tribe as my last one failed when I had to quit due to RL issues.My expectations for early start is mainly to farm. No interest in Diplomacy so Open for alot of expansion.

Bomberboy: Question Number 2:
What is your favorite thing about leading a tribe on Tribalwars/What is your favorite part about playing tribalwars. Spill your heart out to everyone who will be reading this.

Just Dreamy: First thing is its addictive. Been playing 10 years now and havent been able to stay away very long.I like leading tribes as its a great way to meet new people. Im really fussy when it comes to tribes I like to join. Forums need to be really orgainised. Leadership must know what they are doing and not run in times of fighting.I have been a leader of 4 tribes in total. I never rushed into leadership. With my high standards of a tribe I like to bring it to my leadership style.Fav part about playing tribalwars is meetin new people. I havent really got a life(I rather) so TW is kinda my life.​

Bomberboy: Question Number 3:
If you were to share one piece of advise that you learned over the last 10 years when it comes to playing this game to a new player player who knows the basics what would you share with him?

Just Dreamy: When your a new player who knows the basics, Keep practicing different strategies until you find one that you are comfortable. Use the Guides given on the forums as guidance only. Talk with the top 10 players after nobles stage and see if you can get some tips. Every player has their own play style. Figure out your own and you will do well.

Bomberboy: Question Number 4:
Tell us a little bit about yourself, we want to get to know the duke of Press, we want to know who JD really is. What can you tell the W19 forum viewers about you that they may not already know?

Just Dreamy: I love football and Ive always been a liverpool supporter. Im 21 in august and smoke weed every day. Im out straight and easy going and tell everything how I see it. But I have a bad temper at times. Ive Bi-Polar (Hence the weed)I act childish alot when it has nothing to do with leading Press on Official talks.If i dont like some1 they will know it.

Bomberboy: Question number 5: (last question)
If you had the chance to take 5 of your members into a 6 on 6 war. Which 5 would you pick and why would you pick them?

-Press.To.Plunder?Played with on a previous worlds. Great players and experienced in start up and mid-late game.
NewsqlGreat start up players on account. Probs spend alot of PP, but Who isnt?
Sup?Great mid game player. Decent skills at backtiming
Brutal RusherEffective attacker. Get the job done even if they seem impossible
PMPGood start up players here. Great skills

That will be it for this weeks BomberBoy Report. For upcoming reports you can expect a couple new segments and not every week will be this long because I won't always do tribe reviews. Did this week because a couple of my segments I want to do in the future I am simply unable to this early. Look forward to seeing a "Facepalm of the week" inspired by my good friend UBM from .net. Also once wars kick off I will have segments called "The war room" and as the world goes on I will try to come up with some fun interesting segments to keep all viewers interested.

Again you are strongly encouraged to give feedback via PM or skype and give suggestions for next weeks report. Also looking for a couple people who wouldn't mind helping out with maps, gathering info, and conducting interviews if your interested please get ahold of me via skype.

This concludes this weeks Bomberboy Report

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5582

Awesome effort BB and ty for all the effort you put in. Thoroughly enjoyed reading that although I think The Mighty Chen in widget will be most upset you only mentioned Nibbles in your summary so maybe put a Mighty Chen fact of the week in for next time?

DeletedUser10790

Similar to the UBM productions but I prefer this. For me he puts too much effort in and tries to hard to be funny, this is get stuff! Keep it up man

blue

DeletedUser12806

Thanks everyone, and everyone has their own style. I am sure many players will read this and compare it to UBM's and like his better. I personally will admit most of mine is through being inspired by his. He is a fantastic blogger.

With that said, next week's should be most interesting. Already have a couple segments in mind to do and an interview target just need to get his skype :)

~ Bomberboy

DeletedUser12810

Report for .:TD:. could have been better but still nice to be in Top 5 :). Nice report by the way BB put a lot of effort in

DeletedUser12810

Well you learn from your mistakes. Still a lot of us still going in World 18 just not as .:TD:. anymore

DeletedUser12806

Lets just see if you can last longer than UK18

Please don't bash on my thread, not to mention you haven't made it to mid-game on the last 3 or 4 worlds you have played. The problem with the UK server is all the "Elite" players join the same tribe then bash newer players on the forums instead of encouraging them to do better this world. This is not W18, this is W19. Ogth has just as good of a chance as you do.

DeletedUser11546

Press looks over rated, doubt the tribe will last more than a month.

DeletedUser12806

Press looks over rated, doubt the tribe will last more than a month.

Do you have anything to back up this statement? I do think they are a startup tribe and won't last very long in this world but I think they will do better than a month unless your seeing something I am not ? :p

DeletedUser11546

I think it's a bit over the top to have 69 tribe changes within a few days of the world opening, so are clearly mass recruiting, for a high rank early on.

DeletedUser

Do you have anything to back up this statement? I do think they are a startup tribe and won't last very long in this world but I think they will do better than a month unless your seeing something I am not ? :p

Firstly from the beginning of this world the forums think Press is just a start up tribe. Who said that? Secondly supposing Press becomes the frist tribe to reach 100.000 points , in this small world I personally dont see anyone to be able to stop Press for taking over this world

DeletedUser12806

I think it's a bit over the top to have 69 tribe changes within a few days of the world opening, so are clearly mass recruiting, for a high rank early on.

I do agree with this, and with you. I do think they will fail was just wanting to know why you felt the way you did :)

DeletedUser12428

Lots of interesting points here, however BP has literally just lifted lets see how things look in a weeks time ;)