The End is Near!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser117

Citizens of UK 9, It is my sad announcement that Nauzhror has decided to quit another world, but is this the end of Nauhrors arrogance or will we have the joy in seeing him again. . . .
[4:12:42 AM] Princess.Sparkles: you wanted these settings, dont you dare quit
[4:12:54 AM] Nauzhror: I may have wanted the settings
[4:13:02 AM] Nauzhror: but I also wanted a world with several comparable top tribes
[4:13:13 AM] Nauzhror: which has clearly not happened and as such the world doesn't interest me
[4:13:28 AM] Nauzhror: and, eh, if it didn't happen with these settings, I don't see it happening with any settings
[4:13:36 AM] Nauzhror: so TW really doesn't interest me

Whilst I, and many others are not surprised on this announcement, I do question why it has suddenly happened. Normally he waits until he is ranked one before he quits:
Nauzhrors Brilliance
Maybe he just couldnt make it here:
[4:36:50 AM] Princess.Sparkles: grrrrr
[4:36:57 AM] Princess.Sparkles: Nauz quitting again -.-
[4:37:03 AM] Princess.Sparkles: stupid leet
[4:37:09 AM] Matt!?!: you're shocked?
[4:37:28 AM] Matt!?!: everytime he starts next to me I get depressed cause he quits
[4:37:31 AM] wardtte-: he quit due to a bad area
[4:37:34 AM] wardtte-: and claims
[4:37:36 AM] wardtte-: he got bored
[4:37:44 AM] wardtte-: despite campaigning for the world
[4:37:49 AM] wardtte-: (rofl)
[4:37:57 AM] wardtte-: he couldnt get top 20 and ran away

So now, world 9 has to say goodby to not only teamon, but to the guy voted most likely to implode with self importance. . .
[4:40:25 AM] Nauzhror: Game is annoying, not fun, but addictive, almost tempted to pull a Tim and quit while simultaneously intentionally damaging my reputation/credibility beyond repair so there's nothing to come back to
[4:41:05 AM] Princess.Sparkles: -.-
[4:41:09 AM] Princess.Sparkles: thats lame

[4:42:05 AM] Nauzhror: Perhaps, but it's also effective, the reason people struggle to quit is the community, if they try to return and are shunned by the community, quitting is infinitely easier
[4:54:10 AM] Nauzhror: Seriously debated a post stating that 7.2 (which will come in tomorrow) has broken my bot and that I can't be bothered to play anymore without it.

It'd a win-win as it would get me banned on the forums for discussing cheating, only reason I don't think I'll do it is it'd make people assume I also cheated on uk6 and uk7, which doesn't bother me other than it'd likely make people suspect Tracey was aware of it and turned a blind eye. My reputation getting damaged doesn't bother me, hers does.
[4:54:52 AM] Princess.Sparkles: that is the most lamest excuse to quit ever
[4:55:03 AM] Princess.Sparkles: I swear Nauz thats not even right
[4:55:51 AM] Nauzhror: Not an excuse to quit, the reason to quit is that I don't derive fun from the game any longer but lack willpower to quit as long as I have something to return to
[4:56:00 AM] Nauzhror: That's just a method to make quitting far easier
[4:56:06 AM] Princess.Sparkles: so you are trying to destroy Tracey as well
[4:56:14 AM] Nauzhror: No
[4:56:26 AM] Nauzhror: What I specifically said is I likely won't do it because it'd damage her reputation
[4:56:34 AM] Nauzhror: that damaging my own doesn't bother me, damaging hers does
[4:56:34 AM] Princess.Sparkles: bettter not
[4:56:42 AM] Princess.Sparkles: thats evil
[4:56:52 AM] Princess.Sparkles: just get permabanned on request
[5:08:49 AM] Princess.Sparkles: well if your quitting, then TEAMON is dead
[5:08:51 AM] Princess.Sparkles: :|
[5:27:15 AM] Princess.Sparkles: so you seriously quitting then?
[5:28:11 AM] Nauzhror: Intend to, but unless I somehow devise a way to trash my reputation without damaging Tracey's, and/or am able to get a requested permban I'll likely return

Whilst I have many more quotes that can back up this claim, I am seeking sanctuary in the nearest emo colony to forget my woes for a while. Thankyou Nauz, I am sure you will still hang around this world, to ensure your ego will not be maimed - but in closing I will post one last thing (only because I know you love google pictures so much)

Harry-Reid-Arrogance.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Despite the idea of his (desperate times call for desperate measures?), I can't blame him. The game is addictive, and impossible to leave if you put as much time and value into as we have. As a person who plays, I hope he is able to quit. As a friend, I hope he stays because it's always nice to have a discussion (and mocking :D) with him.

DeletedUser8740

I can honestly say I completely understand Nauz.

Have got the same problem, the game doesn't interest me anymore but the community keeps pulling me back. I have considered the tarnish reputation option multiple times. Ah well, too bad for the world :)

And as the co of Nauz on uk7 claiming he used a bot would find denial in me :p

DeletedUser1511

I like Nauz. But he does have a tendancy to quit when he doesnt do well.
That said its not a big deal, do what you find fun right.
As for addiction i went like 3 months ( big wow), Sticking around and reading forums and i had no will to play. World 9 and sparks asking me to join her did it for me.

It is not impossible to quit.

DeletedUser9006

I know you meant this in fun Karen , and Nauz will accept it as such . In reality though it's pretty sad .
Nauz however many times you quit I always feel you add something to the community when you are here , not everyone agrees meh , but when you aren't here , you are missed .
You have a lot to offer and it's a shame really you haven't been able to somehow channel that without having to randomly quit to avoid the addiction of the game .
It's fun to pick at peoples arrogance , the difference is , Nauz has what it takes at start up to outplay most people , he has a knowledge of the game that surpasses most people .
Attempting to ruin your reputation deliberately is a waste of time , as people online can be fickle yet forgiving and you are also arrogant enough to ignore anyone who would flame you anyhow .
Karen fun thread . At the same time sad :icon_sad:
Nauz I hope you never really quit , as I think that would be a loss. Even if it's just the emptiness of not hearing you flamed :p

<3

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Well, this makes my intended goodbye post seem fairly anti-climatic, but so be it:

Title: When Heroes Fall

Everyone has heroes. Sometimes they are parents that mentor us as we grow up. Other times they are athletes who dominate their specific sport and make us feel as if we can achieve our dreams because they so clearly achieved theirs.

Quite often these people we look up to and respect aren't really what they seem to be. Our parents have flaws, perhaps they drink too much, or lie when it suits them to do so despite always stressing to you that honesty is the best policy. More often than not they don't follow the same edicts that they preach and are hypocrites. I am one such hypocrite. Our favorite athletes are often not what they appear to be either, often taking steroids to unnaturally boost their stamina and endurance.

Despite always posting vehemently that cheating was wrong and against the spirit of the game the simple fact is that I have done so in the hope that someone could make a compelling argument that cheating wasn't so bad after all so that I'd feel less guilty for cheating for the majority of the past three years.

The bot I have used for nigh on years has been adjusted several times to continue working after every major update to the game while remaining undetected by the mods, but after 7.2 has broken it once again, I simply am not motivated enough to fix it once again to keep up the lie, and I'm certainly not motivated enough to continue playing without it.

This is goodbye. I am not some great player to hope to one day surpass, and I never was. I have never been rank 1 without the help of a bot.

To all the people that claimed I cheated as a mod; you were right, but I wasn't abusing mod powers to do so, I was simply botting without being detected as I had always been.

PS: Anyone that claims activity isn't the #1 key to success is lying to themselves, anyone who claims to have been rank 1 with less than three hours of activity per day is either lying or was botting.

Ban me. Permanently.

Sparks forced my hand, I was still debating whether to post the thread in the spoiler above. May not have done so in the end. But, even worse than being hated for supposed cheating is being pitied for being too weak to quit an online game. Pity is one thing I will not stay around to experience or ever embrace.

DeletedUser

When Heroes Fall... would've been good. I'd have loved to see the replies!
Ban me. Permanently... am I the only one to find this all a little insincere? Some how I doubt that will be the last post. Hope not, anyway - technical knowledge was really helpful in the questions forum.

DeletedUser

Don't leave, Nauz D:

And as if anyone would believe you were cheating except those who don't read the forums/read one post and assume cheating is the only answer >.>

DeletedUser

Well crap. I only came back because Nauz messaged me on facebook and only because of the crawling speed and only if it was coplayed where I could be lazy.

I am out now then I guess.

Sorry Luke I guess you will have to go along with the 75 point nobling plan on your own.

DeletedUser9006

You will be missed Nauz . Take care and good luck ... don't lose touch though :p

<3

DeletedUser

LDW, (lipperdoodle)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well crap. I only came back because Nauz messaged me on facebook and only because of the crawling speed and only if it was coplayed where I could be lazy.

I am out now then I guess.

Sorry Luke I guess you will have to go along with the 75 point nobling plan on your own.

Bye bye ;(

DeletedUser117

Ban me. Permanently.

Sparks forced my hand, I was still debating whether to post the thread in the spoiler above. May not have done so in the end. But, even worse than being hated for supposed cheating is being pitied for being too weak to quit an online game. Pity is one thing I will not stay around to experience or ever embrace.

The reasons why I posted this was not evil, it was to protect the people that work hard to keep .uk running. The message you where about to send was not only promoting botting, but telling ppl that the only way to win, is to cheat. There is a reason cheaters are shunned, but the game is affected as well.

You may or may not of posted that leaving thread, but I wasnt going to risk it. You told me that you dont have the ability to stop playing this game, so I hoped this thread and the answers after it will convince you to leave. I know leaving is hard, I left for a year or so and will only play part time, due to RL commitments. Gamming can be as addictive as any other dependancy, seek help and enjoy the world outside of TW. Bye Nauz, pity I couldnt cat you :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser9755

Seek help? That's a bit extreme. But this excuse for leaving was either a really well written attempt to evince a guilty conscience or the truth.

DeletedUser

So this technically makes me the best Tribal Wars player still actively playing? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.