The heaviest song you like?

DeletedUser

Mmm, I saw the topic title and couldn't resist posting. I'm 17, and have been a full on metalhead for around 6 or 7 years. Before that, I was merely under my parents' influence, and I do not count the fact that I have seen Busted and McFly live... /cough

Since then, I've seen over 100 live metal bands. (If you want a list, I have a link, but I'll go on). From them, I can make some very very heavy recommendations. Basing the bands not on record, but on how they've performed live, my run down of my introduction into this genre, and why I'm never leaving...

Safe to say, after getting into metal, I wanted to hit something up, but it was Summer. My first proper gig, aside from local bands, was Download '09. Yeah, bit of a big step, as it was when Slipknot (Before I Forget Live At Download '09) played one of their largest shows. A lot of people consider it a turning point, and I was so oblivious to that fact at the time. Needless to say, I'll be at Sonisphere this year aswell. From there, I went to other gigs, and after my dad went on a trip to Australia, he came back with a Parkway Drive CD, who I've seen live twice since last year. They are the most brutal live act I've seen bar none, and suddenly, metalcore because an option. However, I attended Hit The Deck in Nottingham earlier this year, and was merely browsing some of the bands playing, when I stumbled into a room with a band called The Ghost Inside playing, and never before have I seen brutality from a band like that. Hardcore is possibly my new favourite genre, and with berakdowns like that, I couldn't say no. Rumours are surfacing of an A Day To Remember, August Burns Red and The Ghost Inside tour. I've seen all three before, but I'd pay through my teeth to go again.

Gah, I know no one will read that, but this topic screamed my name. Other highlights of my live band career would be Limp Bizkit, Glamour Of The Kill, Cancer Bats, Your Demise and the list goes on....

DeletedUser5774

Currently, my favourite hard song would probably be a close competetion between 'Lamb of God - Pathetic' or 'Suicide Silence - Disengage'