The TW Guide Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5582

TheTWGuideLibrary.png

I will try and do this as quickly as I can but for now please bear with me as I sort out these guides.

I intend to group the best guides into separate sections, General, Start Up, Art of War, PnP and Leadership and Other so if a Guide is thought of as best in its class of say how to snipe it will appear in the Library.

I will also do an index of all the guides so you can still link to say all the guides on sniping.

Right I will need help so first up do not start flaming choices of Guides until it is done (then flame away!!) as I intend to do this in little chunks so be patient. Do though PM me and say this guide is fantastic and give me a link and also bring in guides from net or on your tribe forums if you want them rated and added.

Ok this is where I sense we might have some issues! How do you rate two guides on sniping and decide which is best?! Answer would be hard enough to get my family to agree on which jam is best (except for my dog who likes all of them equally) so to get two TW players to agree on anything is in my view nigh on impossible.

So I will rate the guides in these categories and your job reader is to agree or disagree until we have a Guide that goes into the library. I.E. I have two guides on sniping and both are rated highly by me above the rest. These two are put up for you lot to decide which is best before the winner takes its spot in the library. Note that some Guides are going straight in like the TW dictionary.

Will Rate the guides like this:

Content. Does the Guide actually do what it says it does on the tin? If a sniping guide after reading it would a newbie actually know how to snipe? Score out of 50.

Grammar Might be the best guide in the world but if it is unreadable is no good to anyone. Ont the other hand a well written guide can make a complicated matter seem simple. Score out of 20.

Time Has it stood the test of time or does the Guide need updating as TW gets updated. Score out of 10

Method and Inspiration Does it shed light upon dark places and inspire you to improve you gameplay. Do the techniques described actually work? Does the Guide place you in examples where the method being discussed might be used or should be avoided? Score out of 20

Ok am locking this thread now but discussions can be made here

The Library:

Agent Incognito

The TW Dictionary

Content 45/50. Pretty much covers all the terms you might at first hear and think what on earth are they talking about. A must read for the TW beginner.

Grammar 17/20/ Well written guide.

Time 8/10. Needs a bit of updating but is still very accurate on the terms included just needs a few new entries I think.

Method: 19/20. Yes if this doesn't make you investigate some of the terms not sure what will.

no guides added yet

no guides added yet

No guides added yet

BCB's Guide to leading
Content: 40/50. Covers most areas well. Broken up into nice sections too
Grammar 18/50. Well written with a light touch making each point made easy to understand.
Time 9/10. Fresh and new and no need for any edits
Method. 17/20. Will inspire and help you to become a leader or more importantly wisely steer you off this path if after reading you think this is not for me. Great effort

Monty's Leading Guide

Content: 42/50. Was first Guide I read on this topic and I like the clear progression though the Guide from what is a leader to the breakdown of the various jobs.
Grammar 18/20. Clear, easy to understand and well presented.
Time 9/10. hard to date on this topic
Method: 17/20. Think anyone wanting to lead could do much worse than reading this guide as gives a good breakdown of all the skills needed.

BH Leadership Guide
Content: 45/50 I think this is one of the better ones as gets the sliding scale of leadership right (start up vital end game less so) and also on diplomacy which the other two maybe miss out on
Grammar 12/20. Alas long block of text. It is worth reading just harder to do so than the others
Time 8/10. A little less up to date than the others but no real need to be edited
Method: 18/20 Covers all the areas very well and gives good examples of situations faced. Should inspire anyone wanting to lead to think hard about what to do and when

Further reading:

Eiodains guide to:The Tribe (Musings of a Manager)
Fun look at leading and throws up some good points

Tribal Level Game Play

Short and to the point. But every leader should have a read on what The One has to say.

and finally TW's Heirarchy of Needs took me a while to track down (ty Tracey!) and not a guide so much but if you are set on leading then is well worth a look and for a few of you out there you will love it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.