The UK2 Weekly Discussion

DeletedUser

(The above title will take you straight to the newspaper topic)​

This thread is for the discussion of the UK2 weekly. Whether it'll be advice, suggestions or just general stuff relating to articles, this is the place to talk.

The latest issue of The UK2 Weekly can be found by visiting the following link:

The UK2 Weekly

If you want to subscribe to the newspaper thread, I'm not sure how it will work but click HERE

Thanks,
Osl112

Issue 4 is here for now:

Hi guys and thanks for picking up the fourth issue of the UK2 Weekly. As you may of noticed, there are now two topics, one of which is the paper and the other disscussion. Feel free to talk about anything relating to the articles or just show your support, I hope you enjoy this weeks issue.

First of all, I must say a huge thanks to Xclude for the sticky and sorting of issues. Thanks :)

The Nobling Begins (Big Thanks to Cat Like Thief who helped gather information and for helping with the article)

The first village has been nobled! Around mid-week, nobles started appearing, Darazi thought to have the first. A couple days later and Darazi nobled the first village on UK2, over two days in front of anyone else. So, how did he start up?

Darazi has a very strategic start up and started a day and a half late.
For days 1-3 he concentrated only on building his mines due to the fact that he had access to one barb which was 30 minutes away at Paladin speed, and was shared with 6 others.
Then, keeping at a ratio of '3:2:1' 'wood:clay:iron' he built up his mines to levels 11, 8 and 5 by day four.
On day four he then built his statue and upgraded his HQ to allow him to build his barracks, 98 spears were recruited. Darazi cited the reason being that 98 spears and the Paladin are the exact amount needed to clear a level 1 warehouse with a level 1 hiding place. Very mathematical thinking...

So, we caught up with Darazi about the first nobling. I'm blue, by the way...

Hello Darazi

Hello Osl

Why did you rush your academy?

My reason was simple, my first village is fully offensive and I needed a close enough defensive village as soon as possible.

Why did you want that particular village?

If you look at my area you will see that the choice is simple, it was the biggest village around and it's setup was good enough to accommodate my needs.

How do you feel being the first to noble?

I dont feel anything, It is just a part of the plan.

Did you think you would be first to noble when you started this world?

I was quite sure I would.

Did you have any threats along the way?

Yes I did, it was a player named myartar his village was Barbarian village (526|602) K65. Myartar was a member of Storm! and I have to admit their tribe looked dominant when the world started. But I managed to rim him.

Whats your outlook for the future (6 months time)?

The way I see it, Smack! will be the dominant tribe in the SE area and Shots will be in the general NE-NW area.

So, there we have it. A very confidnet Darazi was always planning to be the first to noble. Two days later and the next two villages wew nobled within an hour of each other. The thing is, they were both completed by the same person, InkaROCK. I asked InkaROCK about his noblings. Again, I'm blue.

Hello InkaROCK

Hey Osl112

Why did you rush your academy?

The main reason why I rushed for academy is because of hoang.nghiem, I saw he was rank 1, he rushed academy and to avoid his growth I rushed academy too. But I had a surprise with Darazi when he nobled so far away and it was then that everything was decided and I had to noble too.

Why those two villages? Any particular reason?

The first village, the one with 2K, was a tribesmate that was found out passing information to an other tribe, he left the tribe and I attacked him as soon as I could.
I nobled the other village because it had the highest mines of all the neighbours that I scouted and I lost very few troops (very juicy xDD)

What was the logic of nobling two villages this early?

It's only the logic of the game, I had 2 nobles ready to attack the most dangerous one and alternate the trips to the two villages in order to quickly decrease the loyalty (although I had stupid nobles that only decreased the loyalty by 20 and I spent 8 more hours attacking without sleeping :D) but really the one who nobles more is the one that goes better in the world, more troops and points.

When you started, did you think you would noble two villages at this stage?

When I started I thought that the neighbours would grow better but despite not attacking them they didn't grow, so I had to get them out of the map little by little and I always noble quickly and efficiently.

Did you have any threats along the way?

The threat is always me, but a neighbour attacked me on the fifth day and I went like crazy because the attack was only 18 minutes away, but all his troops were killed by my 70 spears and then I farmed him with my axes (now he's gone xDD). Then, only threats of tribes that want to cause terror but my spies are everywhere and work perfectly xDD

Whats your outlook for the future (6 months time)?

In 6 months anything can happen, but for now there are 5 good players that fight for the first spot, so let's wait for their noblings that must be good, so that they aren't left behind. But remember that I'm going for more and I won't let them take my rank 1. I also hope that it will be a fair game, because it's becoming very interesting.

Pd: for those who ask who I am?

Player of the already erased tribalwars.es spanish worlds

world 12 (ex) rank 5
world 13 (ex) rank 1

now www.guerrastribales.es

world 2 (ex) rank 1

other worlds

(ex) rank 1 in portuguese world 4, german worlds 37 y 39 , greek world 2, Czech world 7 and others that I don't remember xDD.

Thanks to my official translator dreamygirl (co-playing -DarK.StyLe-)

Thanks Inka :)

So, there we have it. InkaROCK, again confident, was the second to noble. I find his village choices interesting, not many noble two at once this early in the world. He looks a good player, despite the critisism from some people. With most of the Top 20 looking to noble very soon, we'll see what happens in the race to top spot. Duke-Nukem was surprsingly fourth to noble, a day after a InkaROCK.

War One

This was always coming. Many people had predicted it will be a coalation of small tribes against one large one. Many predicted Shots or Smack! would be involved. Myself, I predicted the the first war would be in the North. This nearly became true when APOC, or Cornish boy decided to create an Anti-Shots alliance which incidentally failed. But now, we have it. AoE has declared on HCG. No one predicted this and a lot isn't known about the tribes involved or about the war. We decided to go and question the two leaders and give you an our view on both tribes in question.

HCG
HCG are a tribe that have kept a rather low profile. Though the tribe itself is actually very skilled, experienced and well-organised. They look threatening and I can see them taking K56 by storm in the future.

So, what do HCG think of the war? Their leader, Sephrihoth 1996, answered questions rather confidently.

So, the interview. I'm blue again.

Why do you think AoE declared on you?

Cause we kept farming their members :eek:

Do you think you have the skill in the tribe to take on AoE?

Yes we have confident and many offensive players. Also there very scattered.

What do you think of the timing, right or wrong time for them to declare?

Wrong..nobles aren't out for our tribes yet and for us, we were about to wipe out undead :/

What has happened in the war so far, any particular events?

Just us clearing 4 of there members.

Should you be more worried about larger tribes, instead of AoE?

No as our one threat we have a truce with.

How do you think this war will progress?

Very quickly and when nobles come we'll wipe them off the face of K56 :D

Do you think you have enough troops to take them on?

Well yes as were losing 20 axe per clearence :/

How will this affect HCG now and in the future?

I think it will help as we'll get the tribe to work together and also our new war planner will get to have a go :D

----
http://uk2.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/d634339e3d531366c14f33853528342e

As you can see it's too easy :/

So, they think it is easy with the proof of a report. Hmmm... It's time to get AoE's side of the story. One thing that is interesting, is that they have a truce with their only threat. Hmmm....

AoE
AoE consists of quite a few experienced romanian players and a few others. Communication is nice and they are spread out.

So what did AoE think of their own war. Why did they declare and how would it benefit them. I talk to grabber. But he had other ideas, he didn't seem to want to answer the questions.

Osl112 today at 10:55
Hi there grabber. I have a few questions about your war with AoE I'm wondering.

1) Why did you declare on HCG?
2) Do you think you have the skill in the tribe to take on HCG?
3) Why did you declare on them now, before either tribe has nobles?
4) What has happened in the war so far,any particular event?
5) Why HCG? Aren't you worried about other larger tribes?
6) How do you think this war will progress?
7) Do you think you have enough troops to take them on?
8) How will this affect AoE now and in the future?

Thanks,
Osl112

grabber today at 13:50
my big problem is we are not in one or two K.
by we can solve this problem.
i now my players, we are romanian and we have a lot of experince in Tribalwars.
on romanian server we have in that moment 16 world, and most of as we play there...

Osl112 today at 14:00
I knew you were experienced Romanians. Any answers to the questions then?

grabber today at 14:00
For you...

Flapjack Dan on 16.09. at 19:15
He's just sent some attacks to me, to avoid any bad relationship between my tribe and yours will you please ask him to desist before my tribe makes him.

grabber on 16.09. at 19:20
i dont do that.
what it's mind "bad relationship"?
your vilages it's red in our map, neutral, not ally or NAP.
you threatening us?

Flapjack Dan on 16.09. at 19:21
Ah durr...
He threatened me.
With attacks.
I haven't retaliated yet, as I thought that this would be able to be rectified now.

grabber on 16.09. at 19:23
it's a game of war.
fight if you can

grabber on 16.09. at 19:24
and remember....if your tribe want war with as, let me now

Flapjack Dan on 16.09. at 19:26
Ok!
Better warn your four members in K56, they'll be screwed.

grabber on 16.09. at 19:28
:)))
i cant hear so well
i'm so old

grabber on 16.09. at 19:31
enjoy the game

Osl112 today at 14:02
Hmmm... Thanks...

grabber today at 14:03
you welcome

Osl112 today at 14:05
So, do we have any answers to my questions...

grabber today at 14:08
why?
i see external forum, but we dont want to post there.
this it is not real war:)))
it's a fake, until noble....

Osl112 today at 14:10
Ok.... Thanks anyway.

So erm... It's a fake until nobles. And that mail has confused me. Though I'm not sure why AoE don't want to post on the externals.

So there you have it, a war which isn't really a war quite incidentally. The declaring tribe are putting their feet up while the HCG are merely just clearing them. I do wander how this progresses, though I suppose you could call it more of a skirmish.

Oh, and one last thing:

grabber today at 14:13
anyway this is the weakest world that play.
speed 1 is not good and not very good players.
to many barbarian villages....
Hmmmmmm...... Try the Core.

EDIT: War Number 2 has started, between ??? and Etc. Lets see how it progresses...

UK2 Weekly Now Recruiting![//COLOR][/SIZE[

Yes, you heard us correctly, the UK2 Weekly Team are looking for a new member to come on board. The requirements are below.
1) You must have Skype
2) You must be active and preferably in Greenwich Mean Time (we would prefer this, though it isn't necessary)
3) Must be a mature and well puncuated writer
4) Must read the forums and be in the know...

To apply, simply drop Osl112 a PM, preferbly through the forums (but I don't mind if its in game) and answer the following questions.
1) When will you be active (Server Time, please)?
2) How often do you read the forums?
And lastly, write a short (by short, we mean 2 paragraphs...) article about an imaginary war containing two tribes of your choice.

Thanks for all the help offered over the past few weeks, we really appreciate it. Closing Time for Applicants is the 26th of September and all entries will be discussed by Cat Like Thief and Myself.

A huge thanks for everyone who offered help and a huge thanks in advance, we really can't wait to see the writing talent out there.

This Week's Comic by Cat Like Thief

sands3.jpg

Another awesome comic by Cat Like Thief :)

This Week's Map

mlp94k.png

Puzzle Corner

A nifty letter tile type puzzle for you this week. It isn't easy, though I'm sure you will get it :)

sg360m.png

Last Weeks Answers
Across: 5) hoang.nghiem; 7) Mystery; 8) TEAM; 9) Press Delete
Down: 1) Xclude; 2) ftW1N; 3) Barney0goose; 4) Nobleman; 6) hydse

Well done if you got all of them.

Again, thanks for picking up the UK2 Weekly and we hope you enjoyed the issue. Don't forget to apply to become a writer!

It is only here until Xclude updates the stickied post. Hope you liked it...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yep... It should be a nice read if you are bored and waiting for your hauls to come back. Hopefully you enjoy the articles inside :)

DeletedUser

good read. keep it up. nice to see nauz have so much trust in my ability :D

i will try to play for longer period this time. :icon_cool:

hoang nghiem

DeletedUser3310

:icon_biggrin:wow, great idea osl cant wait till the next one comes out:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser44

nice read and i am loving those puzzles

maybe next week some riddles or something

i love riddles but yeah good work Osl

DeletedUser

Wow, thanks guys :)
To be honest, it wasn't my idea, it was Two-Face's (David Hasselhoff). But due to problems, he couldn't continue so me and Crom continued. And this was the outcome.

DeletedUser

I liked it :) didnt read 2nd interview. i get bored easy :S

DeletedUser

Wow!

Sweet work Crom and Osl! xD

Great interviews, unbiased work and love the Crossword in Puzzle Corner :3

Can't wait for the next one ;D

DeletedUser

Nice reading and thanks for the mention. (Pop!)

PS - We have ego? D; Man I'm going to have to pop my own members >.<

DeletedUser

Nice reading and thanks for the mention. (Pop!)

PS - We have ego? D; Man I'm going to have to pop my own members >.<

Lol, you know what I mean... :D

Thanks for all the comments, its appreciated. I'm wondering for next week, I might do a hidden message one... Has anyone completed the crossword yet (please put it in spoilers if you do)?

DeletedUser

good one, I liked it :) lol... :D Like Always no one mentioned Me XDXDXDXDXD

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yay first!

firstbpv.jpg

Me righ? : D

DeletedUser

TRIGGA should have been in the 5 tribes to watch out for.

You shall soon see why.

DeletedUser

That is a good read Osl and Crom. Usually, I can't stand long reads, but that is one I can enjoy.