Time Factor in "help"

DeletedUser

Click "help">"Buildings">"Stable"

It says Time Factor 63%. Ive always wondered what this means?

DeletedUser

It takes 63 percent of the time to build unit X than unit X's time.
:lightcavalry:

DeletedUser

Oh. I thaught it was something like that.

Is there any way to find out how long future building would take to build?

e.g. If i was building smithy lvl 5, how could i find out how long it would take to build stable level 1?

DeletedUser

to find out stable build time, you would take your HQ level time factor (at level 10, 61% and multiply that by the straight smithy build time. *goes of to Jamm's super inner workings guide on .net.
The base time is about 3800 seconds (me thinks, with HQ 0), multiplied by .61, you get 2280 seconds or around 38:40

DeletedUser

Ill go looking for that guide.

Could you post a link anyway?
:D

Edit: Nope. Nobody called jamm has ever started a post about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well i did a search for all posts started by Jamm, and nothing.

Could you find it?

DeletedUser

Well i did a search for all posts started by Jamm, and nothing.

Could you find it?

Click zardeath's bold text. its a hyperlink :)

Though mathematically speaking, what jamm labeled as "bases" are actually factors, not bases, so his post could be a bit confusing for anyone who isn't already pretty familiar with the workings of these types of games.

"Production base" is the time in seconds for a level 0 building in seconds, at game speed 1. Divide that time by the game speed of your world to get the time for your world. Every level takes 20% longer to upgrade, so a level 1 stable would take 1.2^1 * ["production base" of stable]/[game speed] to create with no HQ modifier.

"game speed" can be found in the "other information" section of the help page.

If you want some more detailed information instead of "figure it out yourself", you might want to read this post <-- (click the bold text)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Aha...I had been looking for that. I am trying to make a super epic nerd version of your pointwhore calculator cheese, one that calculates optimum farming patters for a position as well. I have been having some problems though, help?

DeletedUser

Click zardeath's bold text. its a hyperlink :)

Though mathematically speaking, what jamm labeled as "bases" are actually factors, not bases, so his post could be a bit confusing for anyone who isn't already pretty familiar with the workings of these types of games.

"Production base" is the time in seconds for a level 0 building in seconds, at game speed 1. Divide that time by the game speed of your world to get the time for your world. Every level takes 20% longer to upgrade, so a level 1 stable would take 1.2^1 * ["production base" of stable]/[game speed] to create with no HQ modifier.

"game speed" can be found in the "other information" section of the help page.

If you want some more detailed information instead of "figure it out yourself", you might want to read this post <-- (click the bold text)

+rep

I had seen that but didnt quite understand it.

DeletedUser

Umm, ive had a look and the only bit i dont understand are the little ^'s

What do they mean?

DeletedUser

EXPLANATION:
timber cost of a building = [wood]*[wood_factor]^([level of the building] - 1)
example:
village HQ to level 10 = 90*1.26^([10]-1)
village HQ to level 10 = 90*1.26^9
village HQ to level 10 = 90*8.004512848
village HQ to level 10 = 720.4061563
get it?