Time to take tw forum to the masses

DeletedUser

External forum is almost like an insular self made club, rarely do we get interaction from the thousands of players and there are probably a number of reasons;

1. They come they get flamed if they are not conversant with the game or how to speak on externals

2. They are young and speak in a way that invites ridicule, think most would be amazed with the age differentials we see on here

3. You have to be good to post ????? I am not (blue shut it) but i dont do too badly but still feel that posting ends with an issue and some amount of confrontation

4. They are too good to lower themselves to post ;) oooeerrr

There are probably a lot more but when i say to a player "great point, stick it on the externals" they feel nervous about doing so and never do

It is not a great testament to a game we all obviously love and cannot stay away from but its shrinking and we can play a part in keeping it alive, no I am not paid by innogames but this exclusive external club stuff has to stop ... it need to be accessible to all and we should encourage people to join this social arena

it is up to us to find a way to do that

On a side note, would it not be great to get all these top players to start a tribe and get allocated a bunch of players, you know like fair playground teams ... its easy to do from a program perspective and doesnt mean we cant have the normal stuff as well

I know i don't post much, its because of all the reasons above and I am still a noob trying to learn

Next steps ???

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5582

beaten by Will (again). Yeah Tiger you are a fat pussy cat with stripes (with a merlot issue!) but you are a great player. Note to all forum warriors many a great player does not post on the externals or posts extremely infrequently is just the way it is.

I can think of 3 or 4 players who were fantastic at TW but never even read the externals. As for the many thousands that play mye eyes were opened on Uk17 when I joined a rim tribe just to pass the time.

Premium?! Pah

Externals Pah

Did they have heaps of fun. Yep

Did they play the game as any of the flicky hair types would think it should be played. Lol no! Did it matter to them. Not one jot. Is each to their own and 95% of TW players are not fussed about the externals.

Sad but true

DeletedUser

Ha..I knew i should have asked you to word it for me Jo , spot on :) but some may come if we give them room, maybe a forum for new players that they can sort issues out of game ?

PS I have stopped the merlot issue .. its gravitated to a really special brandy and only once a week

ps ... Baz ;) .... you still love me ?

DeletedUser

I only like the externals during mid game. War declarations and P&P are pretty much the only part I enjoy =]

DeletedUser1508

On a side note, would it not be great to get all these top players to start a tribe and get allocated a bunch of players, you know like fair playground teams ... its easy to do from a program perspective and doesnt mean we cant have the normal stuff as well

Something like this happened on a .net world. When everyone joined, they got placed into a random tribe. There were about 100 or so, I can't remember exactly. Tribes had to choose a leader, etc, then everything went on as normal, but tribes were locked.
It was very cool for the first few days, but then inactivity started to kill heaps of tribes. No-one could join or leave, so some tribes ended up with just a few active members horribly outnumbered by the lucky tribes to still have mostly full activity.

Still, I was thinking about this yesterday. The way we got placed in teams for the competitions could also be used to be placed in mega tribes. 20 days in, and BAM, everyone is in a random tribe, then slug it out from there. Could be fun, so long as each had some sort of premeditated reliable leadership.

DeletedUser9598

Ha..I knew i should have asked you to word it for me Jo , spot on :) but some may come if we give them room, maybe a forum for new players that they can sort issues out of game ?

PS I have stopped the merlot issue .. its gravitated to a really special brandy and only once a week

ps ... Baz ;) .... you still love me ?

Always mate

DeletedUser9598

I cant say what tiger is on the externals but if you urban dict tigerstripe you'll see :lol:

DeletedUser10790

I tried earlier in the world to get people on, circed every player in the top10 tribes via their duke with a mail to incite forum activity.

blue

DeletedUser

This is a great idea.
I enjoy passing on my limited knowledge of the game. (as long as someone's willing to listen)

As for the externals I really do think people are intimidated by the regulars.

DeletedUser61

I would suggest some sort of in game achievement that you have to create a forum account and make a post in any thread, might get a few more people to the externals.

I say would because I'm too scared to post!

DeletedUser4411

Still, I was thinking about this yesterday. The way we got placed in teams for the competitions could also be used to be placed in mega tribes. 20 days in, and BAM, everyone is in a random tribe, then slug it out from there. Could be fun, so long as each had some sort of premeditated reliable leadership.

that would be pretty cool, a small incentive as a team could be to give extra res for activity.

like 1% for every two days without going yellow up to a maximum of 5-10%

I would suggest some sort of in game achievement that you have to create a forum account and make a post in any thread, might get a few more people to the externals.

I say would because I'm too scared to post!
I agree with this. I rarely post because it can be daunting and i'm trying to get away from that feeling and just take the bull by the horns, later on the forums do become fun and this time i would rather be part of it than just merely observing.

DeletedUser10156

Not everyone enjoys being trolled though and that's what these forums are full of, trolls. I rarely post because I play the game to relax not argue. Until there's a change of atmosphere on these forums you won't get new people posting, or they will but they wont return to repost.

I like the idea of being placed in a tribe as you start because it would break up the usual 'premade clique' from forming. There would be inactivity ofc but that would be the same as every world. It would also effect each tribe evenly assuming the way people were added to tribes was done randomly.

Having played UK10 with the tribelocks the only issue we really had with the lock was internalling the inactives. We couldn't attack our tribemates (they all visited) so this setting would need to be looked at as it ruined the game for our enemy who suffered with inactives a lot more than we did.

DeletedUser

What are these 'premade cliques' you talk of?

You're likely assuming my tribe, as you said in mail to us. (Note, in #Pony, excluding my tribemates and counting co-players of other accounts (so this could really add up)... I knew.. 5 people prior to this world .. most of whom are new recruits in the last 24hours)

Let's look, though, at the tribes full of players who consistently play together;
WD
I.B
TW1TS

Need I go on?

If you'll notice it's the players who aren't as 'good' (if by good we define it as successful in rankings and wars) who stick together. I haven't played in a tribe with many players whom I played with before for a long time and nor has any of the other 'trolls' you are obviously referring to.

DeletedUser10156

Oh look I post and get pounced on. Where did I mention you at all in any of that? So you're stating that there are cliques but you're not in one? Get over yourself this isn't anything to do with you.

I was just giving my opinion which contrary to what you may believe is just as valid as yours :)

DeletedUser

You can not expect to post on a forum and not have people disagree with you. If you think a forum is a place where everyone agrees all the time then you are missing the point of forums.

DeletedUser10156

Obviously I don't expect everyone to agree with my opinion, where have I said that?

Will's reply to my post actually added nothing to the topic other than to get in a comment about how he's better than the players in WD, I.B and TW1TS. He wasn't disagreeing that there are cliques or premades he just couldn't help but mention he's not in one. If he disagreed with my comment he could have stated why my idea wouldn't work, not just try to blow me out of the water. I don't understand why it matters who the cliques are, so what if they're in WD, I.B, TW1TS. Surely breaking these up and sharing their knowledge between new players is a good way to help new players to learn to know and love the game we all obsess over so much.

However yet again I am going to back away from the forums because I have better things to do with my day than sit here and justify why I felt cheeky enough to dare give my opinion.