Top Twenty Players

• Thread starter Admiral Phoenix
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I believe you are forgetting the fact that this is a limited hauls world. I tend to hold my maximum hauled even though I share my area with multiple players in the double digit rankings. This is partially due to continuing to micro, and mostly due to the limited hauls.

In short this means that the only real way to stay competitive is to have massive mines, and this thread was not to say "these players here are the best so look at their mines!" It was to say "since everyone should be mine whoring to maintain a competitive edge in the world take a look at some of the largest mines in the world to see right around where you should be at, if you semi-actively playing this world."

I highly doubt AP here really wanted to look up the mines to every single player on the world, I'm sorry if you didn't make the list. Get over it. ^.^

DeletedUser

I highly doubt AP here really wanted to look up the mines to every single player on the world, I'm sorry if you didn't make the list. Get over it. ^.^
:icon_neutral: I was told this was a response to me. You grossly misunderstood what I said. I was defending rage's build saying it was more effective than Corry and AP think it is. Really has nothing to do with me.

DeletedUser

I reread everything, and it seems as though I was mistaken. My apologizes. :)

DeletedUser

Yes, AP, 1-2 mine level will determine the fate of people through ennobling phases! Mind my sarcasm, who ever is good at attacking will rise to the top of this world. I would place no weight in the top 20 until 10-15k points.

According to your figures only 3 people in the top 20 have even 1 mine level above me and I am not in the top 20, in fact I often slip from the top 50. I am quite sure I am not the only one in this situation, with so many people so close to one another. And with the differences between the highest mine level, and 40 of us 1-2 levels behind, being so small; having the highest mines really means absolutely nothing at all.

Balancing troop levels, and village village build is much more important imo, trading mild effectiveness for security, especially when the costs are so little. Not to mention the difference in time being at tops half a day to catch up in mine levels. The real issue will be being lucky enough to find a good, soft target. Maintain your nuke, so that you can focus on build up of both coins and your new villages.

In summery your thoughts that the people hq rushing are going on a slower path is flawed. When they target their villages to capture they will be targeting softer targets allowing for easier build up and maintenance of their accounts. And while you think your waiting and nobling with a near complete village will be most effective mathematically, the cost differences in gaining that village should imo be remarkably higher, on average. Because at the end of the day it really comes down to what will suit you in your area, so without examining the peoples areas who you rated they really mean nothing.

#stupid .uk players

It seems you also grossly misunderstood me. I did not speculate as to who will stick around (in the top twenty) based on just their mine levels or whether they were HQ rushing or not. I based it on what little (or more) I know about them as a player, and I didn't even bother speculate for everyone below the top 4. That is because as I went along I realised that mine levels were very close together, as you rightly pointed out, more-so than I though when I first began writing this thread. I was also wrong (not by much) about who had the highest mines. As far as I know, limitless did have the highest mines at the time of the post, but that is no longer the case.

Your making an assumption that those with high mines aren't making any troops. They may or may not, I don't have enough evidence to speculate. However, it is entirely possible to have one of the highest mines, while also having a solid defense. Also, pre-nobling, I think it's much more important in defending than attacking. Our high mines mean nothing when they're catted by the guy next to you. As for half a days lead; bit more than that. A level 23 mine on a level 10 HQ takes 9 hours to build. So someone with 23/23/xx mines has an 18 hours lead (plus, possibly, warehouse) over the guy with 22/22/xx mines. While 18 hours lead, still, isn't that much, the only way people can catch up is if the people with the lead slow, or are slowed, down. If that doesn't happen, the 18 hour lead remains. And, as I'm sure you're aware, the higher the mines you have before building HQ, the less impact it will have on your growth.

And, more assumptions from you. You're assuming those HQ rushing will noble "soft" targets, and you're assuming those with high mines will wait for a near complete village. Those are all only possibilities and speculations. My comments regarding RAGE where mainly based on what I've seen concerning Lionheart; my opinion, based on his forum posts and attitude, is he seems to be the sort who will try and noble fast, and noble the best thing near him. Something with risk which will either pay of or set him back quite a bit. Both this and my initial post was, of course, speculation and I may be completely wrong, but I made it clear what it was. Your post gives the sense you're certain they will noble "soft" targets (Using will instead of might, and when instead of if). The main purpose of my post was to try and give the mine levels of the people in the top twenty, and judging by their responses, they found it useful/interesting.

In conclusion, you've taken my opinions and seem to think I'm spreading it like gospel. I'm not. RAGE's build may be very successful, but my opinion is they will take a risky route, which may work out; or it may set them back. I'm willing to admit I could be wrong. But we all know (and feel free to deny this) you're only arguing against me for the sake of arguing and that you're threatened by UK players superiority.

DeletedUser10327

How does limitless grow so fast, anyway? (Yes, I am nub ;)

DeletedUser7179

1 thing I can promise u is I will not be nobling an easy (soft) target unless something goes seriously wrong!

DeletedUser

LOL! He restarted! Now I expect all nearby players rushing for academy to get his village with probably a lot of upgraded pits?

I was just calculating my academy rush to try and noble him anyway >.>

DeletedUser

Been a week so let's have an update:
Code:
1	FatIgor  	RAGE	2.074	1	2074
2	--DIE--  	RAGE	1.938	1	1938
3	Assassin222	W.G	1.913	1	1913
4	limitless 	ChotN	1.911	1	1911
5	PintoMcGuinness	ABAD	1.880	1	1880
6	Gargareth	Quest!	1.876	1	1876
7	NoSympathy	Quest!	1.869	1	1869
8	uthur     	-V-	1.832	1	1832
9	worf201  	L-S	1.827	1	1827
10	Cero Puccol	BRENT	1.783	1	1783
11	kasjanek9113	ChotN	1.776	1	1776
12	Artieman	L-S	1.773	1	1773
13	Cinco Anti	BRENT	1.766	1	1766
14	Bazza The Brave	Titans	1.756	1	1756
15	numerek9113	ChotN	1.754	1	1754
16	AliasedAntagonistQuest!	1.748	1	1748
17	spikeytroll	RAGE	1.734	1	1734
18	gilesblake	RAGE	1.730	1	1730
19	Harry Mint	WC :)	1.723	1	1723
20	s2poy    	L~G	1.705	1	1705

1. FatIgor~ Up 5 ranks from my last post. 134 point lead on rank 2, has been rank 1 for over 2 days. Has 25/25/23 mines, HQ 20 and smithy 12. One of the people going for acad with high mines, but I doubt he'll manage to noble before the break

2. --DIE--~ Up 13 ranks from my last post, so has had some good growth. Only 26 point lead on rank 3. 23/23/17 mines I think (unsure about iron), HQ 20 and Smithy level 18. Quite close to academy, but can his mines support it?

3. Assassin222~ Up 2 ranks from my last post, with a 2 point lead over rank 4. Ha 25/25/21 mines, with HQ 18 I believe and possibly Smithy 8.

4. limitless~ Down 3 ranks from my last post, having lost his title of highest mines within 2 hours of my post. 31 point lead over rank 5. Has 25/26/20 mines (again, unsure on iron), currently in the process of his HQ rush, currently at HQ 18. However, he seems to have lost 9 points 2 hours after points for his HQ 18 finished. Demolishing a building, wall knocked down or his neighbours got cats? I don't know. If troop losses accompanied his point loss, could set him back a bit in nobling compared with, say, FatIgor.

5. PintoMcGuinness~ Up 7 ranks from my last post, with only a 4 point lead over rank 5. 25/26/20 mines and HQ 19.

6. Gargareth~ Also up 7 ranks from my last post, with a 7 point lead over me. 27/26/21 mines and level 12 HQ.

7. NoSympathy~ Down 4 ranks from my last post, with a 37 point lead over rank 8. Won't guess my own mines, but incredibly similar to Gargareth's.

8. uthur~ New to the top twenty, so 12+ ranks from my last post with a 5 point lead over rank 9. 23/24/21 mines, HQ 20 and smithy 14 (possibly 13).

9. worf201~ Down 1 rank, with a 44 point lead over rank 10. 22/22/21 mines, HQ 20 and smithy 17.

10. Cero Puccol~ New to the top twenty, so 10+ ranks from my last post with a 7 point lead over rank 11. This guy seems to be building things mixed together rather than rushing one thing at a time, which, I think, is a pretty good idea; HQ 18, smithy 16 and mines of 23/24/22, but still upgrading all three buildings.

2 of the top ten players each are in RAGE (-3 players) and Quest! (+1 player), 1 each in W.G (no change), ChotN (+1 player), ABAD (+1 player), -V- (+1 player), L-S (no change) and BRENT (+1 player).
4 of the top twenty players are in RAGE (-3 players), 3 each in ChotN (no change) and Quest! (+1 player), 2 each in L-S (+1 player) and BRENT (+2 players) and 1 each in W.G (no change), ABAD (no change), -V- (+1 player), Titans (no change), W.C :) (no change) and L.G (no change).

I've tried to keep my own comments as brief as possible and only post information, or what I think is information. The ranks are still close together, moreso than a normal world, but there is now a 369 point gap between rank 1 and rank 20. That gap could be 27/27/27 instead of 26/26/26 (3 level 27 mines gives 345 points) which would be a 2 1/2 day lead. Quite a lot of the top twenty are no in there with mine levels, and no longer reflects those with the highest mines.