Transfer Window, such hopes...what a let down...seriously peed off

• Thread starter DeletedUser11200
  • Start date

DeletedUser11200

Once again another year another abysmal window. Last year was poor - we were late and panicked, i.e. five players on deadline day. This year it looked good, however once again as last year same mistakes with players on the last year of their contract ending with selling Song abruptly. Replacements? None.

Cazorla replaced fab a year too late Podolski 4 Nasri and a soo called French striker for RVP

As for Song, nothing...carzola and artete get injured we're screwed... ramsey/diaby/ wilshire how long will the latter 2 be available

ONCE AGAIN...the club makes profits on transfers...whilst lying that replacements were being looked at...In the last 8 years the team has got worse...and wenger had the balls to say he would surprise us again....

Why the hell should supporters carry on forking out money to finance this once great club as it carries on making money for the share holders...

The board needs to go as does the manager

DeletedUser269

Arsene Wenger should have been sacked more then a year ago, his policy of buying young/ unproven premier league players is outdated now. Especially when he has money to spend.

A big highlighting of him being past it was Arshavin preformance at Euro 2012.

DeletedUser11204

Ignoring Arsenal for a bit, the transfer window was actualy quite good! Chelsea for the first time kept spending under £100 mm, I know they spent £99 mm but still! It's an improvement :)

For the less well known clubs internationally such as fulham, they have managed to make some great signings, including Berbatov, tottenham were for me daily disappointing, Hugo lloris is a good player but really do not rate clint Dempsey at all! Especially as tottenham have a fairly rookie manager who has lost players such as modric who created that spark we saw in them last season.
Man City's signing of Maicon has to be perhaps the best defensive signing of them all so far, this is based on experience, he is still considered to be one of the best right backs in the game. Selling de Jong was a masters trike by Mancini, as he looked past it and in my opinion never really suited the style of play tht man city played, if anything de Jong was more suited for the red half of Manchester!
Estaban Granero, well what can I say? This guy, although he never really played for real Madrid he is a tremendous catch for Mark Hughes, providing he can keep Cissé under control for a period lasting longer than two games, the Rs may well have a good chance at survival this year, although they do need to work on their defence a wee bit!

Later I will do a team by team guide of who I think will do well etc following this end of the transfer window! :D

DeletedUser269

QPR remind me of chelsea/man city (when the owners first took over). All the money in the world and no plan, you need a team and players to fit it. Not 11 individuals.

DeletedUser11204

Talking of 11 individuals. Does that not remind you of England?!? :p

DeletedUser10486

Great deadline day for Brighton :D Dobbie, Orlandi, Lope and welcoming back Deano hammond!

DeletedUser269

Old England maybe, looks like they have changed there way since Roy took over.

And, every week that passes. The job he did at Liverpool looks more and more impressive. /looks for the self implode button at Liverpool

DeletedUser10486

Arsenal still exist? :O baring in ind the average age of the XI will probably be 12? :3

DeletedUser269

And by the times they hit there prime, they will sell them haha

DeletedUser

I'm surprised arsenal beat liverpool after the performance liverpool put in against city
I thought arsenal couldnt score once they had no van persie

DeletedUser269

Liverpool have self imploded. I was happy with the 2-2 at Swansea, would have took that at the start of the day. Just a shame we took the lead twice.

DeletedUser11200

The board are to blame to an extent at Liverpool...how do u let a striker go and then dnt replace him...?

If suarez is injured then where do they go. The Italian they bought is being used as a winger...Rodgers honestly felt tht Carrol would be replaced, that Dempsey would be brought in...

I cant remb the last time spurs beat Liverpool to a player over financial issues.

As for Arsenal, one performance however impressive does not make a season, tht said it was very impressive...

DeletedUser

To be fair on Wenger, its Arsenal's wage policy which is the problem teams like Spurs Liverpool Chelsea who we finished above last season do not have the wage cap in place so although they don't get in the Champions League every year they can offer money which is what the players want more.
Van Persie was offered 110,000 a week more at United im sorry but that is the main reason he left, same with Nasri Clichy Song and going back Ashley Cole. These were our top players and the people we have brought in; Carzola mainly joined because he is good friends with Arteta, Podolski same thing with Mertersacker and Giroud because french players want to play under Wenger, this shows that we are lucky that players relationships with each other is the reason they joined otherwise they would've gone elsewhere for more money.
The problem also lies with us not willing to pay a couple million more, which is the case this season with M'villa who was a perfect replacement for Song but we wouldn't add a couple million on to our offer which is unbelievable considering the amount we buy players for and sell them on for. M'villa will be another player who we will miss out on like so many others Hazard Lukaku and even Cristiano Ronaldo because the other clubs are willing to pay the asking price for players with such high potential.
Thats the rant over for the 8 years of pain.

DeletedUser9062

Great deadline day for Brighton :D Dobbie, Orlandi, Lope and welcoming back Deano hammond!

Shame you lost your top winger Craig Noone to Cardiff :lol: Signing 10 new players including Craig Bellamy has to make Cardiff strong promotion contenders