Travelling between villages

DeletedUser

A quick question I hope...

Are travelling times calculated based on a direct straight line or are they calculated based on moving only up/down left/right on a grid?

Les

DeletedUser

Thanks!
The peasants have common sense after all.
Les

DeletedUser

Thanks for the headup on the map.
One thing though, it's asking for my login details for authentication purposes, and I'm paranoid about this sort of thing!
Is this map official or is it developed and run by a player?
Les

DeletedUser

i havent signed up for it, click the link then choose which world and enter your co-ordinates. that takes you to your village and then at the top of the screen it says travel times, just do start/destiantion and you have your travel times. it is legite btw

DeletedUser

It's run by a player but when it asked for your login details it takes you back to tribalwars website so he doesn't know your passwork.

login.png

DeletedUser

Thanks for that information - it's just you never really can trust what you see on the screen ever.

Another farming question...

Some of the places I'm farming haven provided fewer resources than I had capacity on the raid eg 100 units taken / 200 units capacity.
Does this mean these places are all out of resources for ever - they are abandoned after all - or will further raids meet with some success?
I just want to avoid wasted trips that's all.

Les

DeletedUser

All villages will produce resources with their timber camp, clay pit and iron mine, just like your village. Abandoned or not.

DeletedUser

Excellent, so I just need to wait a little and then pile in again, and again, and again.
Still, I don't see the logic unless "abandoned" means "by the owner" rather than by those who live there.
Les

DeletedUser

"abandoned" does indeed mean "by the owner" rather than by those who live there.

DeletedUser

So a user account becomes inactive and by definition the village abandoned - after how many days?

DeletedUser

I think, 2 weeks of inactivity does it, unless they have premium active and then it waits until that is used up. Also they can delete their account which takes around 5 days or restart.

DeletedUser

2 weeks, 2 weeks...
Ah yes, that *fat* old trout in "Total Recall".
Les