Troop Percentages

DeletedUser

If this has been covered, I appologise, but I have looked and couldn't find it. Is ie there a recommended set of percentages regarding troops?

Example, 50%spear 20% axe 10% sword etc etc

Thanks in advance

DeletedUser

It really depends on your tactics, location, how active you are, etc.

I suggest that you start by testing some nukes/defences out in the simulator (it's in the rally point) and then adjust it too your style later :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

First off, you will want to have either offence or defence, not both, unless you have just your first village. Offensive units are units with high Attack stats. Click the images of a unit to view its stats.

Offensive: axe, light cavalry, mounted cavalry, heavy cavalry*, rams, catapults
Defensive: spearman, swordsman, archer, heavy cavalry*, catapults**

* Can be used as both O and D in strategic formations.
** Some people use their catapults to defend, but its not their primary use.

Builds can vary, and are subjective to your situation. There are no set ratios, and everyonr develops their own. Commonly used builds include;

Axe and Light
Axe and Heavy
220-300 Rams is generally advised, some swear u need no more than 220.

Spear and Heavy
Archer and Heavy
Sword and Archer

DeletedUser

Defence against Rams

Is there any good defence against Rams...other than a good old fashioned counter-attack!

...or Cats come to that...both sound really annoying when used against you!

DeletedUser904

Is there any good defence against Rams...other than a good old fashioned counter-attack!

...or Cats come to that...both sound really annoying when used against you!

I am not even sure rams and cats have a base attack, so i couldn't tell you. Let me go check and punch some numbers for you

THIS IS MY QUESTION, TWO FACE DON'T THINK ABOUT IT :icon_wink:

DeletedUser904

Okay, rams have a general strength of 2, and cats have a general strength of 100

Since there is no defensive strength against seige weapons no type of unit is stronger than any other against rams or cats. Although which ever unit has the strongest defence in general will do best against rams and cats. I hope that answered your question

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Okay, rams have a general strength of 2, and cats have a general strength of 100

Since there is no defensive strength against seige weapons no type of unit is stronger than any other against rams or cats. I hope that answered your question
So 100 rams would pwn 100 spears?

What are you really saying?

DeletedUser904

umm no, i said no unit is stronger than another when defending against seige weapons.

DeletedUser904

:icon_neutral::icon_confused:
again, if i attack with 100 rams would the 100 spears die?

I would think the rams will die as they only have two offensive strength.

If you really wanna know check the simlator :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Since there is no defensive strength against seige weapons no type of unit is stronger than any other against rams or cats. Although which ever unit has the strongest defence in general will do best against rams and cats. I hope that answered your question

I think both rams and cats attack with "general attack" so do better against spears rather than swords.